Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Predator calling with fox pro  (Read 1375 times)

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey guys I bought a fox pro last spring and played with it a little this summer getting coyotes to respond but my ? is when using a distress call like a rabbit in distress  how loud should you have the volume set. Wide open seems little too loud to me. I know you want  them to here a long away. So anybody with some words of wisdom I would appreciate it. :scratch:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
i use a fox pro, and I start it off with the lighting jack call, its real loud, I crank it all the way up. then if I see one coming towards me I back down the volume a bit. I use a mojo critter with it that works wonders. that way they have something to focus on and come to.

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
thanks cody, mojo has a lot of neat new products out for attracting critters attention I seen in magazine. They even talk about using full body coyote decoys and putting rabbit fur or feathers in the decoys mouth to make it look like the decoy caught something. They say catching food is only part of it becuz other coyotes will try to steal food from one another.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
the critter is only 30$. I do have a full body coyote decoy as well, but don't use it much, to much to carry around, its kind of bulky. coyotes are also very territorial and don't take kindly to a new unfamiliar coyote in there territory.