Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Another rules question?  (Read 3670 times)

Offline Retired on Osakis

• Master Outdoorsman
Rule #8 seems a little confusing. It states that catch and release rules are OK for this contest but then goes on to state that bass cannot be posted unless they are in season. Bass opens for catch and release this year on May 9th, same as the walleye opener. Are bass legal to post before the May 22nd bass opener or not?  :scratch:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  The early  catch and release season is only for certain areas.  If you are fishing where they are legal to fish for the fish can be posted.  If they are not legal where your caught it they can not be posted.

05/09/15 - 05/22/15

Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass - 2015 early Catch and Release season Only -South and West of U.S. Hwy 53 from Duluth to International Falls except Pelican and Ash lakes in St. Louis County
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
I think you have that worded wrong. You can take possession of bass in the northeast part of the state beginning May 9th. The remainder of the state is catch and release beginning May 9th until May 22nd when you can take possession. That is why I asked the question.

• Master Outdoorsman
I will give this as an example of my confusion. I am on Lake Osakis which is in west central Minnesota near Alexandria. If I catch a bass, largemouth or smallmouth, on May 9th, which is legal this year, that fish can be posted for the challenge per rule #8 that states "Catch and release rules/seasons are OK for the  contest." But since they are not in season until May 22nd then it cannot be posted per rule #8 where it states "Smallmouth Bass must be in season." and "Bass cannot be posted unless they are in season where you caught them." Can I post that fish or not?

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  I see your confusion.  That law has recently changed and has not been updated on the DNR web site yet.  I cut and pasted the bass rules directly from their site for the bass regs for 2015.  I purchased my 2015 lic. today and grabbed a reg book.  I checked the bass season and found that you are indeed correct.  Way to stay on top of the Regs. Osakis.  I had not even heard a peep about this change.   :happy1:  It looks as though bass are fair game as of opener. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Are there any changes in the ROCKBASS rules????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

• Master Outdoorsman
Are there any changes in the ROCKBASS rules????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
It's not a rules change but it will be a champion change when I take that trophy away from you this year. training-087