Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2015 Official MNO Fishing Challenge Contestant's Smackdown thread.  (Read 210441 times)

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
fear you two bumbling doofuses. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
That's right, Jack, ya better fear us!!  :happy1:
The name Glenn57 will be Glenn, 5 x 7, the hole size you have just dug to be buried in!!  :bow:
Say Goodbye, Big Daddy!!!  training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
This year is gonna be a riot, but not for you!!  :happybounce: :happybounce:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
fear you two bumbling doofuses. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
That's right, Jack, ya better fear us!!  :happy1:
The name Glenn57 will be Glenn, 5 x 7, the hole size you have just dug to be buried in!!  :bow:
Say Goodbye, Big Daddy!!!  training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
This year is gonna be a riot, but not for you!!  :happybounce: :happybounce:
pfft. The only 5 x 7 hole I need is for after I am done cleaning my fish!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   Glenn you are on the right track!! :happy1: :happy1:   You have caught the fish.  You have cleaned the fish.  You have even photographed parts of the fish. (or parts of the staple item, sometimes even a corner of a table).  Last winter you got a legal pic.  It included the entire fish, the measuring device, and the staple item.  I can see now why some run and hide.   Game On!!! :happy1: :happy1:   :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Ok then.  We are at 6 full teams.  The deadline is approaching soon.  We have one verbal commitment and need two more in to get to seven teams.   Six teams is fine but seven would be better.  Don't wait until the last minute.   :happy1:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey DDS, don't ferget this so called dream team!!!!!!! or phantom team is more like it.!!!!!!!!!! aint got the chicken feathers to sign up!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
DDS, I must congratulate you on accepting the side bet that you have no chance of winning, but you manned up and said "go for it!"  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
It's amazing that a hand picked team of self described, "All Stars," cannot bring themselves to accept a side bet from one person!!  :kingscourt:
OH YEAH, BABEE!!!   :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  I'm looking forward to teaching you a few things greatoutdoors.  In the past I have unselfishly let Borgie have all the fun.  It's funny you mention that the so called stacked team of three wouldn't take your one man challenge.  The way I see it if they were in the challenge and drawn on the same team they still would be unlikely to  finish above 4th place.  I guess they know that and have wisely tried to distract the real fishermen with their silly game.   :doah:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  I'm looking forward to teaching you a few things greatoutdoors.  In the past I have unselfishly let Borgie have all the fun.  It's funny you mention that the so called stacked team of three wouldn't take your one man challenge.  The way I see it if they were in the challenge and drawn on the same team they still would be unlikely to  finish above 4th place.  I guess they know that and have wisely tried to distract the real fishermen with their silly game.   :doah:
You're right on DDS!  :happy1:
I'd compare this to how Mother Nature operates.   :coffee:
She seperates the weakest members of the herd through the culling process, and they go off on their own when no longer able to keep up or be productive.  :whistling:
 The 2015 MNO Challenge has culled the fishing herd, and they have gone off by themselves to fade into oblivion.  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
It's a sad state of affairs, but no one said Mother Nature was kind, so Rest in Peace, "Bergdahl Brothers!"  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Hey Glen57--  The one person only posting 2 fish is in the winter only.  In the summer one team member can score all three of a teams top fish.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  Hey Glen57--  The one person only posting 2 fish is in the winter only.  In the summer one team member can score all three of a teams top fish.
:bonk: :bonk: OK my bad. my story remains the same!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for clarification!!!     I was about to ask if I or anyone could carry their team to winning status!! It was if I got stuck with 2 guys, One had a vasectomy and a infection occurred that went to a flesh eating virus and he was out for months then ashamed of his high pitched voice so he quit fishing.Then the second guy got arrested in a high school parking lot for lewd and lascivious behavior,Then was jailed for 9 months and was out.  Comaradary is great but knowing that I cant blame anyone but myself for not winning is a nobrainer!!
 I assumed the 3 person team had to make it a team effort and one member couldnt win it all for the team. I do have the confidence to carry a team if their participation is limited because of no boat work lots of hours.So to my future team mates I will do all I can to win If you cant NO PROBLEM!!!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Thanks for clarification!!!     I was about to ask if I or anyone could carry their team to winning status!! It was if I got stuck with 2 guys, One had a vasectomy and a infection occurred that went to a flesh eating virus and he was out for months then ashamed of his high pitched voice so he quit fishing.Then the second guy got arrested in a high school parking lot for lewd and lascivious behavior,Then was jailed for 9 months and was out.  Comaradary is great but knowing that I cant blame anyone but myself for not winning is a nobrainer!!
 I assumed the 3 person team had to make it a team effort and one member couldnt win it all for the team. I do have the confidence to carry a team if their participation is limited because of no boat work lots of hours.So to my future team mates I will do all I can to win If you cant NO PROBLEM!!!

So dew, if I understand you correctly it would go something like this. Say I get drafted onto your team and if for some reason Borgie kicks me out of the house. I can crash at your place? If I run out of cash you'll help me out. When Borgie comes look-in for me with the Louisville Slugger you'll hide me. Now, if I don't catch any fish you'll cover for me. I sure hope I get on your team in that case.

Were gunna become best friends I would say. :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/09/15, 02:14:35 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014

So dew, if I understand you correctly it would go something like this. Say I get drafted onto your team and if for some reason Borgie kicks me out of the house. I can crash at your place? If I run out of cash you'll help me out. When Borgie comes look-in for me with the Louisville Slugger you'll hide me. Now, if I don't catch any fish you'll cover for me. I sure hope I get on your team in that case.

Lee if Borgie Kicks your sorry :moon: out and you are my partner I have plenty of room for you to set up a tent to crash in!  If you are down and out needing money, I always need a professional fish cleaner, Ill pay top $$$ for your filleting skills, U know Ill keep you busy! :happy1:  Or I will subcontract you out to the neighbor resort they clean sometimes 1200+ ROCKBASS a week they cater to the Indiana crowd.   Borgie will never find you we are on the Res.. :bonk:  Thats OK if you can't catch any fish....Ill catch plenty of Trophys :doah:  you can have lots of Rockbass to eat!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Lee if Borgie Kicks your sorry :moon: out and you are my partner I have plenty of room for you to set up a tent to crash in!  If you are down and out needing money, I always need a professional fish cleaner, Ill pay top $$$ for your filleting skills, U know Ill keep you busy! :happy1:  Or I will subcontract you out to the neighbor resort they clean sometimes 1200+ ROCKBASS a week they cater to the Indiana crowd.   Borgie will never find you we are on the Res.. :bonk:  Thats OK if you can't catch any fish....Ill catch plenty of Trophys :doah:  you can have lots of Rockbass to eat!!

If you can set me up with that fish cleaning job I'll take it. I have my own equipment that was awarded to me for the largest walleye in MNO's Fishing challenge. Some handsome looking devil donated a top of the line fillet knife as a challenge prize one year.

Best prize I ever won!

As a matter of fact he kind of resembles you!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04/10/15, 09:55:01 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Now that the Bull S..t is over, and the REAL MANLY 2015 MNO CHALLENGE has eliminated the few that cannot fish on a competitive level, let's get back to some important stuff that needs to be asked!!   training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
Lee, exactly how much cash are you offering the judge that draws the names to assure that you get put on my team, since I'm only person in the entire world that can carry your dead ass to the winner's circle??   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I know you're at rock bottom, since you answered Corny13's want ad for a fish cleaner!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
OH YEAH, BABEE!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1:    Thanks buddy.   You will be drawing the teams this year.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   :happy1: :happy1:   Your participation is greatly appreciated :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  If I can get this Gopro figured out we may be able to do it live.    :happy1:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1:    Thanks buddy.   You will be drawing the teams this year.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   :happy1: :happy1:   Your participation is greatly appreciated :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:!!
Thank you for the offer, but I cannot do it.  :coffee:
I'll be too busy writing the acceptance speech for my team's 2015 Challenge win, and choosing the music that will accompany our victory strut!!   :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA:
As you can see, my plate is already full!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
OH YEAH BABEE!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
wow this moves fast, I go away to slaughter huge walleyes on the rainy for a few days, and a riff in the time space continuem accures. way to much idle hands at play and for TGO we all know whats happening there, little minnow action, Double D, TGO couldnt save face and take on in 2 outa 3 so he'll have some chciken feed excuse, specailly now he has his little posse now to make hime feel brave, Its ok little buckaroo, you can come and play. Big bad boar aint gonna hurt you :rotflmao: :rotflmao: fun to watch you go try once again. Tell ya what Boys. I threw this by DDS but we'll see how the rest of you feel about it. G dog judge mine and jims slime victory last year, How about ur nut jobs nut up and let the other ball decend in your grizzle old marble bag. and let ME judge the challenge of the chalenge. anyone here can catch fish, sure catch fish lose pics, almost had in the boat yada yada yada, but half the chaleenge is to get a good pic to be judge. soooooooo with my feeble computer skills and mostley phone pics and posting, for me to judge the challenge of the challenge, will make ur pony boys step up a bit more on the harder half of the challenge. Taking pics!  think about it, not to hard or u'll pop vein, I'll be fair,(right jimmy :rotflmao: :rotflmao:) but if my phone cant or computer cant, its out. over the years, ive been able to see probablye 85-90 percent of the actuall measuments, but if you wanna win, get better at it. Oh and how about i pick the staple item too. supoose to be fun right so lets have some fun then, or this will be just nother challenge.
so what ya say. if not i'll quietly resumme my possition here as Boatless BOAR who even without one still manages to place in the standings most times with his team. let me know wussies.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Well Boarski, you do OK in the final standings, but really got your butt kicked in the  side bet by yours truly!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Better luck next time, and that will be when I judge you to be worthy of another shot at the title!!   training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
 :laughroll: :laughroll:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hold on to your hats sports fans because we've just signed up one of the most highly sought after members on the sight. :happy1:  Yep that's right! For now I'll just refer to him as #19. If you can't wait to catch his name slide on over to the sign-up board.

« Last Edit: April 04/11/15, 04:42:05 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Thanks for the compliment Lee.  I did also tell Lee that incase there was an odd number that I would go it alone as I am that good. 
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Hold on to your hats sports fans because we've just signed up one of the most highly sought after members on the sight. :happy1:  Yep that's right! For now I'll just refer to him as #19. If you can't wait to catch his name slide on over to the sign-up board.
WHOO WHOO WHOO!! maybe some oldtimers here but that claim is fodder to the #4 entry! Similes aint my style nor backstabbin just straight out catch it an show it to the kids here. Cant wait to see what ya youngsters got. I refuse to look at yer past competitions>> Like I asked whats fishy??
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Woohoo!! Sen'ior Chicken Little has gotten some cojones..and signed up for the real Challenge...hope he can get two others to signup so that he can fish it!!  :happy1:

Practicing and getting warmed up for the Challenge Today!!   Yep it's not  Millacs!  ;). Nodak seasons open Walleyes are Bitn!  Catch and Release Into the Grease!!

« Last Edit: April 04/11/15, 07:54:27 PM by corny13 »

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the compliment Lee.  I did also tell Lee that incase there was an odd number that I would go it alone as I am that good.
I know what you mean DK,  :coffee:
Wouldn't mind doing that myself if someone was going to be excluded because we come up a participant or two short.  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
However, that will be my last resort since Lee, Boar, and DDS are offering me so much cash to be on my team, it's hard to turn down!!  :whistling:
OH YEAH, BABEE!!!   :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
sorry TGChicken, im done, move on bigger fish to fry. ya wont give a rematch like a true champion would, thats fine. Henny penny outdoors. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
78.50"

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 your only worth a penny, henny penny. I hope I get on your team, it would be funto out fish you and be on the same team. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Boar, if you want a re-match, you have to work your way back up the ladder. :happy1:
I gave you a first round KO in last season's side bet, and they wheeled you from the ring on a gurney!  training-087 training-087 training-087
Now after breathing some smelling salts, you think it's possible to jump right back into the ring??  :bs:
You need to take a few other side bets this season to prove your worthiness! ;D ;D
Dang Kids!!  :banghead:
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
your only worth a penny, henny penny. I hope I get on your team, it would be funto out fish you and be on the same team. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Of course you want on my team, so you can win the 2015 Challenge!  :happy1:
But DDS and Lee want to be on my team a little bit more than you, if you get my drift $$$$$$$$$$! ;)
 :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book