Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2015 Official MNO Fishing Challenge Contestant's Smackdown thread.  (Read 210466 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  Big Slick is in.  dew2 could not get his surgeons blessing.  He will wisely be taking a medical leave for this summer and Big Slick will take his place.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Big day today.  sign up for the challenge closes at noon.  We are at a full 7 teams right now.  We would need 3 members to sign up before noon to be able to get to 8 teams.  That looks to be highly unlikely but not impossible.  The teams will be randomly drawn tonight at the mno board meeting.  Then the teams will be posted tonight when I get home.  The staple item will also be disclosed once the teams are posted.   :happy1:   
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
                      This is crazy

I got a call last night from a guy with the local Boiler Makers Union. It seems that one of their union members caught a huge carp yesterday in the local sewage channel. This guy wanted to know what the designated item was so his pal can take a photo of it to enter it later in the MNO fishing challenge before he fillets it.

I told him I don't have that information. He then threatened to make me an offer I can't refuse. I tried to tell him that carp are not eligible in the contest. Within one hour I spotted a large black limo parked in front of my house with MN plates. The windows were blacked out so I couldn't see inside.

I called the cops but the limo was gone already. Now this morning it's back again. I don't know what to do now.

Please advise!
« Last Edit: May 05/06/15, 07:21:18 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao:now that's funny. Must of been an Illinois local. Minn plates??? Hiding his identity. Minnesotans send there carp to Illinois, new york and Asia.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Hey Lee I thought over in the Land of Lincoln the local name for Carp is the Golden Walleye???? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Lee if you can make a run for it get to Ely.  thegreatoudoors has been putting his mining skills to the test this winter.  Rumor has it that he has built a beatdown shelter that goes a full 3 stories below the old outhouse.   You will be safe there.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
   Lee if you can make a run for it get to Ely.  thegreatoudoors has been putting his mining skills to the test this winter.  Rumor has it that he has built a beatdown shelter that goes a full 3 stories below the old outhouse.   You will be safe there.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Thanks for the suggestion but it really stinks :puke:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  That's it folks.  The pool of Gladiators is full.  In a few hours you will find out who will be trying to help you achieve the coveted MNO fishing Challenge Championship.  As many of you know this is a very difficult contest to win.  It will take hard work and a lot of luck.    Even guys like Corny13 and thegreatoutdoors managed to find the proverbial nut last year so it can happen to anyone if they could do it.   :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Teams are almost complete

A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I had planned on stopping by to have an honest union official there to make sure no shinanagans where slipped threw but spaced it out. :doah: :doah:

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Completely on the uup and up glenn. All names were drawn by bonfire wait staff.and the one that drew for the final round was hotter than any bonfire I been to
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  I wouldn't put in the Union up and up league.  I think there is another thread going for that.

« Last Edit: May 05/06/15, 09:43:03 PM by DDSBYDAY »

Online dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
As all can see the cream rose to the top and was drawn 1st
Chicken little will carry both challenges :moon:
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
As all can see the cream rose to the top and was drawn 1st
Chicken little will carry both challenges :moon:
you 3 will end up chicken nuggets at the end of this, maybe if some are nice you end yo chicken tenders!!!; :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Rumor has it that one of the darkside members mentioned something about donating gift cards to the MNO fishing challenge. That would be a real joke  :rotflmao: after all those years of his donating nothing as far as: out of HIS OWN pocket expense.

« Last Edit: May 05/21/15, 01:31:40 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?  :scratch:

A: To avoid the "real fishermen" in the 2015 Challenge!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
OH YEAH, BABEE!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?  :scratch:

A: To avoid the "real fishermen" in the 2015 Challenge!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
OH YEAH, BABEE!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bump:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Which Party/team always wins every tournament/election held in Minnesota?????

The

DFL

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Ok Double D, :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Da-BassTards? you call them like ya  see them! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Tards. I was gona suggest to to change it to Da-bassturds. but Da-BassTards is much more fitting. OH is this year gona be brutal. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Your first gonna have to keep track of your keys to get to the lake. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:but then there always is your trike.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Well boy's and girl.  There is less than 6 hrs to the start of this years fishing challenge.  It's alway a good time and with the early ice out this could be an exceptional opener.  Just to clear up any unnecessary distractions or confusion this is the contest you signed up for.   You need only post your fish once.  The only leader board that counts is this one.   Good luck and get your team names up as soon as possible.   

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've been thinking of ways to increase the membership of our favorite outdoor site MNO. I was trying and trying but couldn't come up with the right combination of ideas.
Then all of a sudden It hit me. The answer was right in front of my eyes. I wish I could take credit for the idea but I can't.

I'd have to give the innovative imaginary award to the boys from the dark side. All we'd have to do is create imaginary friends such as isla the one on the challenge the challenge thread. Sign them up and bingo! We could add a cast of 1,000's in no time at all. We could have imaginary teams and imaginary prizes. along with imaginary conversations.

We could have imaginary posts made and then answer our own imaginary questions. We could signup anyone we could think of as long as they were imaginary. Just for starters let's say we recruited the Orks to sign up. That would add hundreds of thousands of new imaginary members like that one called isla that is now posting on The Dark Side.

"Stupid is as stupid does" :bonk:

:reporter; And now you know the rest of the story! :happy1:

« Last Edit: May 05/09/15, 06:22:01 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Hmmmmm Me sense a disturbance in the force HOGIE-BUN-ENJOY-YA, me do , me do. the darkside, yes is powerfull. But one must resist such pleasures. YOUNG BOARWALKER, just might succeed to the temptemptaions of the darkside. Darkside is powerful hmmmmmm yes.
   HOGIE-BUN-ENJOY-YA? one must be strong, one must focus, one must resist anymore chicken scratch. all is good in the universe HOGIE-BUN,.
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Boar,  you were a union thug.  We took last place because we were having so much fun closing businesses and taking out knees.  We let the ultimate goal of our team get lost like a fish picture  :doah:.  You must focus.  Not on the shiny keys but the chance at an official MNO fishing challenge championship.   :happy1: 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Hmmmmm  HAM SALAD, young BOARWALKER has now gone to the dark side. BOARSITH needs no keys. the dark power is all BOARSITH needs and some other stuf and things. think the Bass-TARDS NEED TO KEEP FOUCUS on our team what ever that team name will be.......stuff. ooof to much brandy again....ooooiiie
78.50"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  By the way, Glenn57 remember that picture you had with the whole fish, the ruler and the staple item all at the same time?   That is way too much for any contestant to be asked to do.  You should talk to Corny13 and talk to him about a strike.  You can't shut the game down if you can't shut your own team down.    :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Dont worry Double D will have have the spirit of the union in it without a strike pending. Team me stnmtz and Pro will place high. with boot prints in the butts of all who appose us. even Da-Bass-Tards.
78.50"

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Short opener...limited out...heading to Jimmy's for breakfast!!!!  DFL Rules!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: