Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2015 Official MNO Fishing Challenge Contestant's Smackdown thread.  (Read 210447 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
I'd like to thank deadeye for single handedly carrying "The Crushers" to the 2015 Challenge  title this year!!   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Not to mention the fact that it allowed me to get a second consecutive Championship!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Starting to plan where to put next years 2016 Fishing Challenge Title award after winning AGAIN, & making it a threepeat!!!!!!   :kingscourt:
OH YEAH, BABEE!!!   :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

FYI, with what you posted this year your team isn't finishing anywhere near the top.  :coffee:

For your information General, with your new rules and hand picked team you would have won the first year.  That would be 2008.   Even taking out the first place team for a couple of questionable years your team at best would be first losers.  Deadeye had a great year.  I think last year 3 or 4 pike came in at 40 inches.  This year none.  Make and change the contest however you want but this contest only proved to me that fishing was tough for everybody.   Prosupermag, Borgie and deadeye all made the most of the time they had on the water.   I personally did not even lose a good one at the boat.  Trophy fish are just that.  If it was easy everyone would would be rich betting deadeye catches another monster large mouth bass in the same category as this year.  He may in fact catch one.  No guarantees let alone get a picture of it.   Congratulations to the winners and I want it to be known that if TGO misses out on his spring pike bite he gets weaker in the knees than Tiger Woods missing a 6 inch putt or Lee B.  Trying to keep the Loch Ness monster from trying to eat his slip sinker.   :happy1: :happy1:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Your stats may be true but win or lose this year was the most fun I ever had in a fishing challenge.   By the way HD had a bigger walleye and I would have never stopped with that little bass I posted so your statistics really don't hold water if there would have been any competition we would have put more effort towards it. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
I'd like to thank deadeye for single handedly carrying "The Crushers" to the 2015 Challenge  title this year!!   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Not to mention the fact that it allowed me to get a second consecutive Championship!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Starting to plan where to put next years 2016 Fishing Challenge Title award after winning AGAIN, & making it a threepeat!!!!!!   :kingscourt:

FYI, with what you posted this year your team isn't finishing anywhere near the top.  :coffee:
The Curshers won the Challenge!   :coffee:
They didn't win the side bet, aka Challenge the Challenge, and don't really care!!   ;D ;D ;D
More sour grapes from the General, just like last year when the phantom Pike wouldn't photograph!!   :scratch:
:Photography: :Photography: :Photography:  (Hmm, where did it go???)  :happybounce:
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sorry tgo but I never made any excuses about last year.  However there is an award this year in the regular challenge for team total, nothing to do with the side challenge.  One little pike posted by you would have won that for your team.  Are you sure you didn't care? 

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  Quite frankly that is like  Carter and Mondale asking  Reagan if he feels bad about not winning Minnesota.   :scratch: :doah:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
  Quite frankly that is like  Carter and Mondale asking  Reagan if he feels bad about not winning Minnesota.   :scratch: :doah:

I would say it's the exact opposite.  But like the Backup punter who gets a Super Bowl ring so did you and many others.   :happy1:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Sorry tgo but I never made any excuses about last year.  However there is an award this year in the regular challenge for team total, nothing to do with the side challenge.  One little pike posted by you would have won that for your team.  Are you sure you didn't care?
My regret was not posting the 31 1/2 inch pike early in the year, which was the biggest I caught.  :doah: 
I didn't think it was worth sliming up the boat with something that small.   :scratch:
If it cost my team another award, I screwed up, and apologize to my team mates.  :happy1:
I will surely re-think my position on that next year.  :banghead:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
No problem tgo I don't blame you.  On any give day I don't allow those fish in the boat either.   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
No problem tgo I don't blame you.  On any give day I don't allow those fish in the boat either.   :happy1:
so your saying you posted a pike but didn't catch one???? :scratch: :doah: ;) ;)
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
so your saying you posted a pike but didn't catch one???? :scratch: :doah: ;) ;)

I'm not sure how you would ever comprehend that out of what I posted. :scratch:  I tried to say in a nice way unless I absolutely have to, those worthless slimy fish are not coming in the boat. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so if they don't come in your boat.....how do you manage to measure and take picture!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
by the way those worthless slimy fish a way better tasting then crappies bass and mostly walleyes!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
so if they don't come in your boat.....how do you manage to measure and take picture!!!!!!

You did read the part about "absolutely have to right? :doah:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
by the way those worthless slimy fish a way better tasting then crappies bass and mostly walleyes!!!!
That is what guys who don't have the skills to catch Walleyes usually say.   ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

You did read the part about "absolutely have to right? :doah:
maybe!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: