Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing Report Pierre Area Lakes Oahe/Sharpe June 21 and 22, 2015  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Just a quick update with more detailed reports coming on a regular basis. Due to running into a deer I have been off the water for three weeks hence no reports. I am back on the water now and will start doing reports around every three days or so. I guided the Jay Wright group of repeat customer to possession limits of nice walleye along with some smallmouth bass. We caught the fish on Oahe fishing nightcrawler/bouncer rigs in around 10 fow. The bite on Oahe is very good from the dam up with limits of 15 to 19 inch walleyes the norm for most boats. There are some over 20 inch fish coming in also but numbers for the larger fish are down. Sharpe is still putting out fish but if you are looking for a choice between Oahe or Sharpe I would recommend the big lake. Leeches, crawlers, minnows and pulling plugs are all working so if you have a favorite presentation it should work. Looks like another great summer is going on and I expect the bite to continue. In spite of the lesser numbers of over 20 inchers an abundance of 15 to 19 inch fish in most bags are keeping anglers happy and skillets going.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch