Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: My dad got a bear tonight. (picture added)  (Read 5692 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I baited for dad over the weekend. He couldn't hunt and was at home. The bear came in both days that i was up there. He baited Tuesday morning and the sow and 3 cubs came in an hour later. He rebaited at 2 again and a different bear came in after dark. He baited and sat this morning until 10. Nothing came in so he ran to Walker to get a septic permit. While he was gone a bear came in. He baited and started a honey burn at 3:30. At 5:40 a single bear came walking down the trail and sat down and started eating and offered a broadside shot. The 45 70 did its job. Bear made it 25 yards.   When i talked to him at 8 he said he was still shaking. He didn't take any nice pictures of the bear and him in the field.  The butcher was going to weigh it tomorrow. Hopefully we got a couple of good trail cam pictures.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/03/15, 09:00:37 AM by dakids »
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Nice job to your dad.   :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
"Persistence pays off"

Way to go pops! :happy1:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Awsome Jerry, all that work for 15 minnuet rush is always worth it, good for him!!!! congrates to your dad!! whats ur estimate??
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I haven't seen any pictures yet. He said as big as a 55 gallon barrel. It was a dry sow. I would guess under 200. Took 3 people (all over 65) to load it into the truck.  Wait it might have been a cub. It might have been the big sow with 3 cubs last cub. We have trail cam pictures with all 5 of them in one picture.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Add a picture. Will get trail cam pictures next week.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
very nice.. no easy way to load a bear. they're a bear
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Easiest way to get bear on wheeler is use winch to stand wheel on its end and strap bear to back rack and then use winch to bring front down.