Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2015 duck season~  (Read 1168 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy,this weather all week has been stellar if a guy wanted to fish,kinda sucks for duck hunting but I won't complain as things can change in a hurry,but this morning @ sunrise the wood ducks were non stop coming in from the north,beautiful site with the sun highlighting their colors,I was field hunting geese so these birds weren't decoying but a few came by a little close as we were using a wood duck squeal call,they are a challenge to hit pass shooting as they "bob-n-weave" like no other duck as they fly,but I managed  a quick trio before 8am and that ended the day.

Some geese traveling south up in the stratosphere most likely early migrators as I've been told early migration signs in north Dakota has started with snows and specs showing up already.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
Here in the west metro I was out this morning. Still seeing lots of teal an wood ducks. Problem is they are leaving the marsh about 10 minutes before shooting time. Got 3 ducks this morning and no geese. Geese have been heavy in a his area for the last week