Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: One last hunt  (Read 1351 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, that's a wrap on the 2016 deer hunting for us.  My son and I went out yesterday afternoon (yes that's pushing it to the end).  We decided to sit in stands that neither one of us had ever hunted from.  The simple reason we never used these stands is because one is not on my land and the other although put up by a neighbor is on my land but over looks his bean plot.  It was a great evening as my son saw 10 different deer in the bean plot and I saw 6 deer from my perch over a plot in the woods.  The deer looked fat and healthy.  Only one smaller buck so nothing was shot even though I still had a doe tag.  Maybe if we had known there were this many deer around we might have shot one.  Time to pack away the hunting gear.

My son by stand before last hunt of the year

This was his view to the bean plot

Multiple deer eating in the plot

My view of a woods plot

Three of the 6 deer I saw walked through this open space.  I didn't get
any pictures because they were watching me and there was a buck
back in the woods. 

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
More deer in bean plot. You can only see five but there were 6 munching in the plot.
I guess it does help to feed them some beans

This is what the plot looked like in August. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Very nice.  More deer for next year since the winter has pretty much been a none factor.  Thanks for sharing.

Anything that is free is worth saving up for.