Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Laser Rangefinder  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Blackdogbiz

• Minnow
I am looking for a good lazer rangefinder.  I've done some research and am looking for some answers and confirmation of my conclusions.  I would appreciate a users view and ratings of the rangefinders they have; also a field experience would be beneficial as well.  Thanks in advance!

Hunting:  I hunt turkey, archery deer, and "This is the one the where the finder is going to be put to the test" prairie dogs.  I also enjoy shooting from a bench.

I have looked at the Leupold RX-II and have found the LCD read out blurry when focused on the object.  I have contacted Leupold and they say that this is something that should be over-looked.  I used a bushnell sport while hunting prairie dogs last year and had a hard time finding long distance numbers on small objects.  I am interested in the Nikon 800, but have not had a chance to use it in the field. Help would be appreciated!
I will be buying a laser rangefinder prior to the turkey hunting opener and would like to have a good review of what you like...

Thanks,
Blackdogbiz

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I do not have any persona experience with a rangefinder but I talked to a couple friends that have.

The one told me for small object at long distances he hasn't seen anything good except for a leica or a swavaro. He said they weren't cheap.

The other guy had a leica 1200 which he said worked good except when snow covered. mentioned a target box dissappeered in the background. He has had a Bushnell compact 800 for 4 yrs that he is pleased with.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ice_Hole

• Outdoorsman
I have the Nikon 600.  I mostly use it for archery hunting and it works great.  I am very happy with it.  My father-inlaw has the Nikon 800 and in side-by-side tests the 800 could range things a lot further out.  We did not try on smaller animals though.  My 600 doesn't have a problem ranging a deer at 300 yds as long as there are not obstructions in the way.  I have heard the Leica 1200 is nice, but not sure if it is worth the $340 more?

Offline Blackdogbiz

• Minnow
Ice_Hole,

My marriage can't afford the extra $350!  I appreciate the information, it's just what I was looking for!