Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Papoose Lake  (Read 3536 times)

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Just wondering if anyone has fished Papoose Lake, north of Emily off Highway 6?  Supposed to be good through the ice for panfish, but it's one of the many non-descript little lakes just a bit off the beaten path.  Can anyone tell me anything?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I drive that road lotz. Where is that from Perry lake?
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
It's off of 6 North of Emily but south of Outing.  It's on the road next to the Wigwam Hotel.  You go back in there and it's off to the left.   No public access, but there is a spot where guys launch from.  Supposedly they do real good through the ice for crappies.  Don't know about open water success though.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I know the wigwam! Sorry don't know the lake
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  There will usually be one or two ice houses on it during the winter.   If there were any secrets in there it would get hit hard.  It's easier to just go to Lawrence in Outing and catch all the 7-9 inch crappies you want.  I have not fished it though.  Non of my Outing ice fishing friends have any interest in fishing it either.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the reply.

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
We just came back from our family vacation.  Drove back into the lake, but ran into a pretty good mudhole that I didn't like the prospects of getting through without hanging up or damaging my truck.  I planned on going back and walking in for a few hours but we never did make it back in there.  Man, the wheelers run the crap out of those trails back there.