Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Existing members reintroduce yourself  (Read 15576 times)

Offline Wyofish

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I just found this thread. Very cool.  :happy1: I think it's time we start it up again.

My name is Collin. I work on a dairy in North Dakota. Fishing is my great passion. My dad is Fawkinnae. I was in college at the University of Wyoming when he got into the site. He told me I should make a profile, so I went with WyoFish. I haven't done much hunting, but I could really see getting into hunting pheasants and grouse. Training a dog is especially interesting to me. I plan on being back in MN at some point. I've met some great guys from the site, and I would love to meet more.
 :Clap:

Offline Borgie

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hi, My name is Kathy but, everyone calls me Borgie. I'll have been married to Lee Borgersen for 50 yrs. this August. Before I met Lee I had never fished or camped. The first time we camped together was in an old borrowed WWII army surplus tent. Stormed all night and the tent leaked like a sieve. So we wound up sleeping in the car after getting flooded out.

To this day I don't know why but, I really enjoyed the many years of camping after my first experience. Now we just rent a cabin these days. I really enjoy fishing when we go up to the BWCA every summer. Nothing like hooking up with a giant walleye. I take that back! I do love being able to yell out BINGO on a Sunday afternoon. I also enjoy the MNO summer fishing challenge.

I retired from Motorola 6 yrs. ago after 36 yrs. I told Lee that I was going to get a part time job after retirement. He said "once your retired you won't want another job". So far I think he was right. I'd like to see more ladies sign up for MNO. How's about some of you getting your wife's to sign up and join the site.

:queen: Borgie

Online dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Hey all, My name is Jerry and my name says it all.  I have 4 kids (16,13,and twin 12).  Work for UPS as a driver and deliver in Blaine. I live in western carver county and have land and a camper up in cass county.  I can't remember ever not hunting or fishing.  My best memories have all been with my kids and the outdoors.  I hunt for deer, grouse, squirrel, rabit, grouse, morels, and shed antlers.  Fish for everything that swims.  My favorites are the deer, mushrooms and pike.  I enjoy MNO because its different from all other forums.  I have met a few other members and they are all great people.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I'm Boarsquatch Fungus. Not sure why, Ive been know as Boar on the forums for a long time an figured I needed a full name. I was kicked of HSO for having to much fun an found a bunch of rebel redneck bastards here that like to drink beer an just have a good time without getting their panties so bunched up. I'm all about family, almost lost it all but the good lord granted me a reprieve and I'm making it count! Ive three incredible kids, oldest is Amber an we just watched her induction to the RN program at BSU, an she wants to be a doctor. Whew! got somebody to take care of my old ass when the time comes. Nick is my second, and an incredible gamer, been playing since he was 2, his hand eye coordination is un matched. love to work on his server an create videos for you tube, could careless about hunting an fishing, were complete opposites but extremal close. Halle is the most in credable young teen ever, blue belt TKD, bear hunter, walleye fishing, bowhunter, engineering minded blue eyed baby girl you'd ever meet. My wife since 1996 is Lori, if it wasn't for her id be dead, my rock, my love, my soul. My nurse. lol. RN BSN PHN
   We ride motorcycles, party, fish, an live life as best we can an raise our family.Ive been fortunate to meet some great people on the forum here an thank all you for putting up with my BS. I Ive in red lake falls, I hunt bear 15 minuets from my home which is in my blood so thick its all I think about and I'm damm good at it. If you ever have a chance to watch "Hunting Blue Bear" on you tube, its halles first bear, 325lbs with a crossbow at 17 yrds. Besides bear hunting i ice fish as passionately as I bear hunt. Cant do it all, so I pick two do be really good at. If you ever come thru red lake falls stop in an have a beer at the boars nest. oh yea I'm Jeff.   
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm beeker.. I have to say that this is the one sight that I enjoy the most.. can ask a question and get a few answers. some forums you get  people acting internet tough. here you can    ask and post questions.. or just be around like minded  people.
work as a data analysis with healthcare. it really is boring to me and someday I  plan to work in a bait shop or at a gun range.. maybe i'll be throwing your clays one day. however the wife isn't big on that  plan so I have to pay off the mortgage and get my 3 kids out on their own before I can consider it. for hunting I have a chunk of land up in McGrath. we've been working on that  place since we got it. love doing it and have fun with the kids and nephews up there. we shoot, hunt, build stupid things that sometimes we remove by burning it to ashes. 
I'm always trying new things this winter I've been building an AR.. waiting for a few more expensive parts.  sometimes I pick up old guns and fix em back into shooters. and other times I'm building random implements for the land.. picked up a reloader also this winter.. been working with it a bit. need to get that baby dialed in. 
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey.........I am glenn. live in stearns county. cold spring to be exact. I enjoy all outdoor activities. fishing hunting camping snowmobiling canoeing gardening. also love canning my garden goodies.

I am a union rep for the last 6 1/2 years. before that I welded stainless steel for 28 years. my bride of 24 years and I have a seasonal camper out by new London near the general and dew2. would love to meet more members here in the future. also moderate on another site but really enjoy this one as well. lotz of good folks here. my mom owns a cabin up in Itasca county and have had the place since 1965. I love it up there and its where I spend most my hours hunting and fishing. I know that area better then any although I beginning to know the new London area also.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Deadeye, (Larry) here.   
I've been around the sight for quite a while now.  I've met many fellow MNO'ers.  I've been hunting, fishing, morel hunting and just plain BS'ing with many fellow members.  Thanks guys for a good time.
Being retired, I have lots of time for hunting, fishing and just plain enjoying the great outdoors.  (Ok, I haven't enjoyed this winter all that much).  I spend a lot of time on a patch of land I own in central MN.  I hunt turkeys, bear, ducks, geese, deer, squirrels, grouse, beaver and morels on my land.  When I'm not hunting, I'm planting food plots, planting trees, clearing or making trails.  Heck, sometimes I just sit and watch nature go by.  My Camp is primitive as there is no electricity or running water. An old camper is used for sleeping however, last fall I did put up a shack for storage.  I fish for most anything that bites, winter or summer.  Of course a guy can't hunt and fish all the time.  I'm and active member (treasurer) of the local MDHA Chapter, have 4 grand kids to teach, and volunteer as a tax consultant for the elderly.  The program is run through AARP and for three months I volunteer to do taxes 2-3 days a week.         
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
HIYA I am Bobby Bass and I have been on the site for several years, looking over my earlier post of who I am I did not really say much about myself. So here ya go, I am retired due to health issues but I still do everything that I used to do just now it takes me a little longer. I am an avid fishermen and my species to chase is of course the largemouth bass or green carp as some on here like to call them. I have been married for thirty-seven years and have four kids and five grand kids. I spoil my grand kids as much as I can but I have one granddaughter who has me totally wrapped around her little finger. I have three labs, Buddy, Barney and Duncan and three cats who allow me to wait on them. I grouse hunt in the fall, fish as much as I can and enjoy gardening, wood working and reading books on the swing. I spent 20 years working security at a college before moving on to spend another twenty years as my own boss running a landscaping and caretaking business. I do a little guiding, and spent most of my days outside in the sun. I write everyday and have been doing that for the last eight years. The writing helps keep my mind active and has become away for me to leave something behind for my kids and grand kids and keeps me in contact with a lot of friends and I have made a few to.  I also make fishing/outdoor videos and have a web site that I try and keep fresh. I am active on several sites but this one seems to keep me making the most visits. My oldest friend has also retired and the two of us the last few years are running around again like we are in our twenties. Hunting fishing or just driving down dirt roads to see what is at the end of them. Just now a days our running looks a lot like walking and it is good to have old dogs to hunt behind because we all seem to need to take a few more water breaks.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
and not one single hint of  where this special lake is!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :whistling: :whistling: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I wanted to say "hi" to everyone. It is time for me to come out of hibernation and resurface on MNO.

Family update...I still live in the Black Hills. My eldest son is a sophomore at Colorado State. My younger son is a junior in high school and my primary hunting buddy. I have two daughters and I am excited that my youngest (who's 11) wants to take gun safety and begin hunting this upcoming fall. I bought a GPS for my wife and we plan to take the family out geocaching this spring/summer. My wife bought me snow shoes for Christmas and I went for the first time (in my life) after the Vikings playoff loss to the Seahawks...I had to burn off some frustration.

Hunting/fishing update...My parents own a cabin by URL in Waskish. Since moving to South Dakota, we make it over there twice a year. Once for open water fishing and every November for deer hunting. We also hunt and fish in SD.

Something new...My parents and I purchased 40 acres of hunting land near Waskish this summer. I'm excited to begin working on a food plot this spring.

I am really excited about reconnecting with all of you that have been around here for a while and also excited about making new friends!

:happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/21/16, 04:53:30 PM by Outdoors Junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Love the washish area, got familyt in keliher. let me know when ur in the area, I try to get there often
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline jgator81

• Outdoorsman
HI all.  I'm new to the forum.  I am in the Air Force over here in North Dakota. My home state is Florida.  I came across this site as I have never hunted in Minnesota and there are not many trees over here in ND and was tring to get some info.  Gonna try and get over there this spring to scout as Onin 24 Eagle has told me about some good opportunities in his area during rifle season.  I have 4 boys ranging from 14 down to 3 and a wife.  Who knows...I'd love to settle down in a few years and maybe even call Minnesota home!