Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cold Smoking Cheese  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Amazen1

Cold Smokin' Cheese for a demo
2 1/2 hours is plenty for smoke for me
Easy to do
Let mellow for a few days and eat

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Cold Smokin' Cheese for a demo
2 1/2 hours is plenty for smoke for me
Easy to do
Let mellow for a few days and eat

That is something I want to do.  First thing though I need to purchase one of your items.  I was going to get one at the store but they only had the round tubs and I wanted the flat one like Boar uses.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
It's a great product General.  I have two different sizes in the tubes.  The other one works great also.  It is designed for using pellets.  You can get both from Fleet Farm or straight from him on-line.  The is a valuable tool to have.  I use it for cold smoking my smoked sausage and more.  You can use it in the smoker or in the grill.  Amazen your cheese looks great.  Oh, and it's great for smoked eggs as well.  Makes a difference when you make deviled eggs.  good luck.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Don't forget you can also smoke butter.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Amazen1

Cold Smoke:
Cheese, Nuts, Fish, Salt & Spices
Smoked Butter or cream cheese
Make your own Lox
Tomatoes, Garlic & Onions for Salsa
Deviled Eggs
How about make your own BACON!
Ever smoked burgers or steaks?

Use it on your gas grill and turn it into a "Low & Slow Smoker"

I even smoked Sheepshead, and it was pretty darn good!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I have your 12" tube and love it. The last thing I smoked with it was a dozen lemons for a smoky bourbon lemon aid. Used it in the grill cut the lemons in half and cold smoked for about an hour and a half then turned the grill on them for a quick char. Then just squeeze add water, lots of sugar, the amount of bourbon for your likening and  over ice
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow Coffee, that's a new one for me!!! I'll have to try that.  And Amazen, I have done most of those but not all yet.  Thanks for the list.  Nothing like cold smoking your own bacon!!.  good luck.

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I ordered the big 18" from A-MAZ-N online for doing multiple pork shoulders overnight.  Gives me 6 hours of good smoke! Great product! I now use it almost exclusively instead of my chip tray.  Need to buy the smaller ones for smaller jobs.  The big one works for shorter durations but I end up wasting a lot of pellets trying to stop the smoldering if I add too many for the job.  Its a great product and I recommend to anyone!