Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900291 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I got some old deck boards you can try.... ;)

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Brisket, grilled shrimp, tater and Gorgonzola gnocchi Mac and cheese
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Coffee a meal fit for a King.  I made something simple yesterday.  BBQ chicken drumsticks.  Made the rice in my rice cooker with Korean beef broth.  Gave that rice some good flavor.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: I love chicky drumsticks! Can't wait to get some on the grill, got a pile in the freezer somewhere....oh, and because of YOU, RH, I even picked up a bottle of Korean BBQ sauce and gonna try that! You forced me into it!  :tongue:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Reb if you are anyone on here likes Asian cooking but specially Korean check out Manchi Korean Cooking.  She is the best as far as I"m concerned.  Bought her cookbook.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Think I'm slowly gonna try working into the Korean thing this summer, RH. The meat end of it, anyway. My aunt was Korean, and I never really appreciated her food when I was a kid....

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
nuttin earth shattering, but had pork steaks on the grill. package said it was from Smithfied. :shocked:

tonight its chicken boobies marinated in italian dressing!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
nuttin to write home about here either,  but the brats and hot dogs tasted great on the patio tonight!! No bugs too boot.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Making something called Texas Hash.  Pics later.  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Almost had a rain delay with this batch. Started the charcoal last nite and within 10 minutes it was raining. Was able to tuck the grill in under the soffit until it quit. Wanted to play around with the hackberry in the smoker boxes but decided against it. Garlic & herb seasoning, Mrs. Gerry's slaw and deviled egg potato salad along with Birdseye peas. And as always my COVID-19 medicine. :happy1: Mrs. Cheviot was stuffed so no danger of being GWE (groped while eating).  :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yummy!!!!  I think that mediaction will do the trick.  good luck.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking dynamite as always Dotch! And nice maneuver evading the rain drips, I hafta use paper plates or its AWDD (Attacked while doing dishes) , if the fancy plates are set, I might as well  :surrender:..

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
And you think you are having a bad day?    (not my picture but thought it was funny)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought a whole beef tenderloin from Thielen’s $7.99 lb. 1st time breaking one of these down, but I got 6- 2.5” filet mignon, a couple other steaks, I kept the nose, and tail intact, and cleaned up the chain for stir fry. Hopefully it will be great on the grill.

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
You will enjoy that

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooperman was that tenderloin choice??  Or was it Select.  That would be one hell of a price for choice.  I know Cubs sells the select one's for $8.99 whole.  They do sell.  The select one's are just as tender but need more seasonings because they lack the marbling of the choice.  I have bought them my self and have used them in Korean dishes like bulgogi and also as fillets wrapped in bacon with seasonings.  Still a good buy and can be very versatile.  good luck.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
coborns has them for that price now... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooperman was that tenderloin choice??  Or was it Select.  That would be one hell of a price for choice.  I know Cubs sells the select one's for $8.99 whole.  They do sell.  The select one's are just as tender but need more seasonings because they lack the marbling of the choice.  I have bought them my self and have used them in Korean dishes like bulgogi and also as fillets wrapped in bacon with seasonings.  Still a good buy and can be very versatile.  good luck.

Yes, it was choice. Very good price, even better then Costco. I also picked up a couple of prime Tbones for $7.99 lb. I check their specials every week.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
You hit the gold mine there.  Great find!!!!!!  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had grilled brats, buttered noodles and stewed tomatoes. Never thought I'd ever say those brats were really good. But damn they where good. Found the brats I've been looking for.  There the 4 brothers brand at coborns. Called a cooked brat and is a lighter color. 5 in a sealed package.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Been waiting for a chance to try the hackberry in the smoker boxes & tonite was it. Had some butterfly chops from Morgan's purchased Saturday so clock was ticking. Seasoned w/smokehouse maple & curry powder. Seared direct 2 minutes/side then indirect ~ 10 minutes/side. Very still tonite so hot fire. Had to be careful to watch G&T consumption & not overcook. Result: Unflipping real. Moist, juicy, tender, one of the top five pork chops I've ever eaten. Can't wait to try hackberry again. And Mrs. Cheviot? She took my suggestion & got stuffed on leftover Mexican takeout while I was grilling. Once again my cunning pays off & I thwarted her advances.  :happy1:   
« Last Edit: April 04/27/20, 09:20:24 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
More butterflies under Ruby's watchful eye. Decent but not as good as the prior batch. Mrs. Gerry's slaw and Fareway spring salad along with radishes. Mrs. Cheviot's rhubarb pie was a hit. Tough to beat that first pie of the season even when yer trying yer best to avoid being molested.  :happy1: 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well today I have a large package of boneless skinless chicken thighs soaking in lemon juice..  tomorrow I'm going to make hobo dinners with them, potatoe, onion, and what ever I can think of to put in there...  maybe bacon!!! the grill will be busy...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that sounds great Mike.  You are sure getting to be a good cook.  I have a big ribeye spiced up since last night.  Will grill that tonight.  Will also have some kind of frozen vegetables.  I also broke down and got some ice cream and some of that Canada Blueberry and a Strawberry jam to put on it.   :sleazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that sounds real good too LPS!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
you guys are making me hungry!!!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Tonight it's sirloin steak over charcoal, fresh picked asparagus also on the grill and new taters smothered with butter and tater topping.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Uh huh, sure. No pics it didn't happen... :rotflmao:  Whats a new tater??
« Last Edit: May 05/03/20, 05:46:36 PM by Bobberineyes »