Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900653 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Alright, me first. Lookss like lamb chops thiss weekend, likelty Sunday . Get them thawed maƱana, maybe marinate them and have 'em ready for Sunfay evening. Have social obligations prior to tht so can't do them before then. (written in boar)
« Last Edit: March 03/28/19, 10:08:16 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I can;t rite in booar reel wel(.  Just kiddin', Boar! Looks like yardbird parts smoked over apple wood for me, if the weather will tend to cooperate a bit. Not sure of the sauce or seasoning yet...might be sweet and sour, or some plum sauce basted on, over Reb's Rib Rub. (Great on chicken)  Maybe even some BBQ sauce. Haven't yet smoked up anything good so far, been too cold and windy. Got the green tops, radishes, and  beefsteak 'tato salad to round out the meal.....

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
see im not hard to understand, even tho I gots my own language.  screw limit, he dont like my spelling anyway. whatch out for this glenn character, hes rather well you know kinda blue and hasnt learned how to smoke meat yet, or cant . im trying to smoke my summer stuf this sunday sounds like we ha eht day off. man its cool you guys are here, dotch ive known yuve been here but far in between.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Welcome Rebel nice to have you.  Looks like you're going to fit right in.   :happy1:

My weekend is going to be spent looking at Rv edition fish houses, first communion, and my daughter 10 is getting her black belt certificate.  Nagatha 2 won't be doing any smoking this weekend. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ccongrats to your daugjtr G, thats quite the acccompmiment specialy at 10. And first communion. Awsome.  sounds like great weekend.!!
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Absolutely General, that'sounds awesome.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, General. Hope I do. Congrats on yer daughter's accomplishment...wow, that's really something.  Took me a while to get my black belt. Finally found it in the fat man's section at Fleet Farm.  ;)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch your lamb burgers look great always!.  Congatulations on the black belt and the communion!!  Boar, I fully understand you all the time.  I'm having some T-bones today after some much needed yard work.  Got to take out some pork butts and burger for some Swiss Brats I'm going to make fresh also.  May have a brew or two pacing around the grill.  good luck.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Burgers and dogs today and I'm prepping a 5 pound buttroast for a slow 8 hour smoke for Sundays family get together.  Apple wood and a touch of hickory. 
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well boys the communion and fish house are done.  Purchase a new Rv edition today, but the kicker was they were also having a pellet grill demonstration.  They had wings and Mac and cheese.  My daughter said it was the best she had ever eaten.   :happy1:

Now the black belt is tomorrow evening.  Rebel, I bet you still ended up having to make an extra notch.....lord I apologize for that one ;)

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
RH, for some reason I always understand Boar too.  I think it's our superior intelligence that allows us to do that. :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Still raining and cold. $#!%$  So much for the grillin' yard birds today.  :cry:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ah, it's breaking up over here. Lamb chops thawing after a grueling confirmation and lunch afterwards. A lot of work thawing them chops so may have to check out the recliner after a token effort of lawnmowing. Gotta keep my strength up so I'll be ready to grill this evening. Film at 11!  ;) Boar, you are da man! I spit iced tea all over my screen you clown... lol

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm having weenies. :-(

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
OK, got 'er done! Lamb chops with some tater salad and chips. Made with McCormick steak rub. I liked them; the wife not so much. She'd rather have burger; I need to have something more like miniature steaks sometimes. Anyway, the rub may have overpowered the Cheviot, a very mild flavored lamb. That's OK, I'll eat 'em! Cooked direct with hickory charcoal. And for dessert, an easy peasy rhubarb sauce over ice cream. 25 minutes from patch to done in the pan. 1/2 cup water + 3/4 cup sugar boiled, 4 cups rhubarb added and simmered for maybe 10 minutes. So simple yet so yummy!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Very nice Dotch :happy1:

« Last Edit: May 05/01/16, 10:52:19 PM by The General »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Very tasty Dotch!!  I made a couple of racks of baby backs with my Butcher Sauce.  Also very simple to make.  Just mix equal parts of Ketchup and Western dressing.  I doubled it up this time.  Two cups ketchup and two cups Western dressing.  I usually add some apple juice to it to thin in out a bit for I like to mop it on but I didn't have any so I put some Korean beef broth in there instead.  Very good.  Brown jasmin rice on the side.  Put some sesame oil, soy sauce and crushed red pepper on the rice.  good luck.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
RH, do you put the sauce on when you first put the ribs on or after they have been cooking for a while?  Do you put sauce on more than once during the process?

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't put the sauce on there until about an hour to go.  I foil them till they get almost done and then start the mopping.  I like a good carmalized sauce so to speak so I mop them a few times.  I try to time it so the ribs are not the fall off the bone kind.  I like them tender to the bite so I time the foiling and check on them.  When the meat starts to pull back a bit then I take the foil off and do the mopping.  All of this is done on in-direct heat.  I do the same thing in the smoker but less foil time because i want to get some of the love from the smoke on there before smoking [and after].  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sorry about that. Off attending to business for several hours. Looks absolutely delish Reinhard! Had some decent ribs in Shieldsville over the weekend but I'd wager money on yours being even better. Besides, they're made with katchup! Some folks really like that condiment so I'm told...  ;D

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
only a smurff would lol!!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Sorry about that. Off attending to business for several hours. Looks absolutely delish Reinhard! Had some decent ribs in Shieldsville over the weekend but I'd wager money on yours being even better. Besides, they're made with katchup! Some folks really like that condiment so I'm told...  ;D
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: ;) ;)
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
only a smurff would lol!!
aren't you suppose to be working??????? :censored: :bs: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Rain stopped and sun FINALLY came out...those yardbirds parts are going on the grill TONITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The yardbird got grilled over applewood!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't find the "LIKE" button......... :scratch: ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Having pic posting probs for some reason...here's the yardbird. Sure was tasty....

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I can't find the "LIKE" button......... :scratch: ;)

Yea, buddy....I'm working on it..... :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!