Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900301 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
NAW..........momma loves me!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
HA! Where Glenn goes out back when Momma boots him...... :doah:  :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No pics but just cooked burgers on the new Char Broil Infrared Grill.  Did steaks the other night.  I may never use the kettle grill again.  I had to get used to how fast it cooks them too.  Can sprinkle wood chips on it and they smoke immediately.  Makes great grill marks on the meat too.  Get the Professional or Signature model.   The Performance model is the cheaper quality one...  Still need the Daniel Boone for smoming though...   The IR is not for low and slow I don't think...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Finally, time for some action photos. Had an opportunity to head to the local meat market so procured some nice looking pork chops to grill last night. Was very still and best of all it wasn't dark like it frequently is when I grill.  Great night to be outside because in addition to the grackles, robins, red-winged blackbirds, cardinals and song sparrows singing was treated to Canada geese flying overhead, sandhill cranes calling from the wetland and rooster pheasants crowing LOUDLY nearby. Others would follow suit across the landscape. Some plum wood added to the coals for extra smomeage. Plus I was closely supervised along with having rhubarb pie for dessert. Put Mrs. Cheviot down for the count so she didn't try to ravage me.   :cheesy:

« Last Edit: May 05/03/17, 10:21:25 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks awesome, the chops and the ice cream..

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn nice looking meal!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Rhubarb pie and ice cweam!!! HOLY CRAP! You guys are livin' large, I tell ya.....and thick pigger chops to boot.... :doah:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That sure looks tasty Dotch!!!  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I done apple wood smoked myself a pile 'o chicky thighs, and had some tater salad, taco mac salad, some radishes, and some yogurt for dessert, but no pics. *urp*    burp-402.gif

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I done apple wood smoked myself a pile 'o chicky thighs, and had some tater salad, taco mac salad, some radishes, and some yogurt for dessert, but no pics. *urp*    burp-402.gif

I bet it was tasty.  :happy1: Sometimes a guy eats all the evidence then others are left to guess what it might've been the next day.  confused-3316.gif burp-402.gif fart-421.gif
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
As a side note:

http://www.kare11.com/mb/news/gin-recalled-for-having-almost-double-the-alcohol-content/436767219

Too late. I'm just wondering how I'd go about getting more of it?  :drinking:  :rotflmao:
I'd go for dat stuff.They forgot to temper it?? Wow Ethanol at its best
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Could prolly run an E 85 vehicle on it. Just think of the fresh evergreen scent from the exhaust.  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Could prolly run an E 85 vehicle on it. Just think of the fresh evergreen scent from the exhaust.  :happy1:

Probably have a herd of skwirrels following ya....or nuthatches.  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Two cheese, (swiss and sharp cheddar) quarter lb, double-bacon cheeburglars! Tater salad, taco mac salad (Cinco De Mayo....) and assorted fixins...I only ate two of the burgers, portion control ya know! *urp*  :tongue:   burp-402.gif
« Last Edit: May 05/05/17, 07:28:18 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Great looking spread reb! I gots to do some charcoaling today myself :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
No pics but just cooked burgers on the new Char Broil Infrared Grill.  Did steaks the other night.  I may never use the kettle grill again.  I had to get used to how fast it cooks

no its not. i use the high setti g on all bur ers. i put burgers amd chicken on the top rack and steaks o  the bottom. steaks half inch thick 7 mn. aside for me.

them too.  Can sprinkle wood chips on it and they smoke immediately.  Makes great grill marks on the meat too.  Get the Professional or Signature model.   The Performance model is the cheaper quality one...  Still need the Daniel Boone for smoming though...   The IR is not for low and slow I don't think...
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
wierd my replay came in the middle of lps es post.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

doofus-2124.gif

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Half rack o' thick ribs...rubbed with Reb's Rib Rub last nite, applewood smoked, mopped with apple and orange juice, and slathered in hickory BBQ sauce..... :tongue:
« Last Edit: May 05/06/17, 04:26:12 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking wonnerful reb.  Nuttin special here pork choppers , taters wrapped in bacon and some beans. :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh baby!! Great idea reb! An hr or so with the tube then I'll add a little charcoal and more smoke. After they get some color they'll get foiled with sauce with higher heat until the fork slides in easily.. :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/07/17, 01:44:38 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Go get 'em, Boober!!!  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sure, I take the weekend off from grilling and nobody invites me over to eat!  :angry:  ;) Good lookin' stuff Reb and Boober! I did gobble down some mean rhubarb crisp that Mrs. Cheviot manufactured yesterday. Then she decided she wanted to take a ride in the Stude for Chinese last night. If I didn't know better I'd say she was trying to butter me up for a little sumpin' sumpin'  :cheesy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure, I take the weekend off from grilling and nobody invites me over to eat!  :angry:  ;) Good lookin' stuff Reb and Boober! I did gobble down some mean rhubarb crisp that Mrs. Cheviot manufactured yesterday. Then she decided she wanted to take a ride in the Stude for Chinese last night. If I didn't know better I'd say she was trying to butter me up for a little sumpin' sumpin'  :cheesy:
MAJE her beg for it dotch............make her beg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
MAJE her beg for it dotch............make her beg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yer just a warped liddle smurf, aintcha?!   ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Man all that stuff looks great!!! Was going to make some ribs as well but my wife wants some cheddar bacon egg salad tonight.  good luck.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Man all that stuff looks great!!! Was going to make some ribs as well but my wife wants some cheddar bacon egg salad tonight.  good luck.

that sounds interesting!!