Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900540 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Meanwhile, back at the ranch,,,

Chicky on the grill tonite. $.88/lb. so easy peasy leftovers. 1st of our green beans from the early July planting, yellow pear tomatoes from the garden, tossed salad and Mrs. Gerry's macaroni salad. And of course some refreshments from the juniper berry bush.  :happy1: Mrs. Cheviot still absent so making up for lost time. Soon she will be home and demand my full attentions. I suddenly have a headache.  :confused:

Now there's a Reb-0-licous meal! With the exception of those stringy green tubes, of course.   :rotflmao:  Nuttin' like cold chicky leftovers for a midnite snack!   :happy1:
« Last Edit: September 09/02/18, 06:22:30 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Man o man them brats n chicken platters look Devine!! I can see why you guys need your shoes tied tightly,  don't need em coming undone running from da ladies.. :happy1: Not much going on up here, babysitting some ribs gonna slice up zucchini for the grill later to pair with, and I'm sure a salad of some sort.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
One of many projects tomorrow,  a buddy dropped off some Alaskan salmon and halibut,  the Halibut will be grilled but the the salmon is getting brined and smoked..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy cowz!  :shocked:  You sure know how to do it up right, Mr. Boober!  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You got that right! I hope Boober's been doing his fartleks. Just about the time Mrs. Boober thinks she has him cornered he can turn on the burners!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's the BBQ smoke on Boober and Dotch that do it, not the aftershave... :rotflmao:

https://youtu.be/jtwh3nQP5Uo
« Last Edit: September 09/03/18, 09:09:16 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha Ha That is great Rebs. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
A nice, juicy, 1 lb chuckeye, done to med-rare perfection. Chive tater salad, fresh green-tops, black olives, and a toffee ice cream bar for dessert. *urp*  :tongue:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :scratch: :scratch: no green beans!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn boy! What did YOU eat today? Everything?   :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn boy! What did YOU eat today? Everything?   :rotflmao:
:evil: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: working on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh baby  :hubba:, I'm up fer round 2!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny, that's what she said................. :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Enough bafoonery, back to da grillin! Charcoal grilled chicky, sweet corn, rice a Roni, and mater's. And look NO katchup. :nerd:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are a buffoon. RICE-A-RONI?!  RUH ROH!!!!  :doah:   Looks danged good to me!!! Da chicky looks perfect!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: September 09/09/18, 08:03:17 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Tanks Reb. I consider myself an expert charcoal grilled chicky guy. Pretty steller at turkeys on da charcoal to.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn good looking meal I'd say!!!   way to Glenn!!!  no katchup toooo!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wanted to tell ya Glenn...had to go to yer big favorite store the other day to get a prescrip, so as long as I was there, bought some groceries. Wanted to make my fried rice, so decided to buy some Rice-a-roni. Couldn't find it, store has been all rearranged (all screwed up) so I asked one of the grocery workers where it was. She was a "diverse" person. Her answer: "What is that"? Me: You don't know what Rice-a-roni is, and you work in the grocery dept"?
"I do not know".... :doah:  Sure glad I've switched to shopping at Fareway.
By the way, I make the fried rice, add a chopped hard boiled egg, and some cubed smoked pork (ham steak) to it, along with some chopped chives.....better than a chinee restaurant!

Um numm...

« Last Edit: September 09/10/18, 07:32:52 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that sounds good Rebs.  I may have to do that some day.  So I did the 2 fatties yesterday as the game was on.  They turned out great.  I used parchment paper once I got the sausage flattened in the gallon Ziploc.  Parchment worked great.  The meat doesn't stick to it as much.. I did both in Jimmy Dean, one regular, one italian.  Stuffed one with jalapeno halves with lots of sharp cheddar and chopped onions.  The other I chopped up a green pepper, onions, and smothered in mozarella and sharp cheddar.  The only bacon I had was thick cut from Stittsworths so I didn't do a weave just a wrap.  SO we didn't grill the steak that I have spiced.  Maybe do that tonight. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Oooo! Some stellar performances here. Reb has the neighbor lady eating out of his hand, glenn has Smurfette after his chicky and Barry had the Mrs. after his fattie!  :sleazy:

Grilling brats under the lights while watching the scabby Packers prove once again that they are a less than ordinary team without Rodgers.  :moon:

Fresh brats from Morgan's, direct for a couple minutes then indirect with plum wood in the smoker boxes ( I got a whole tree to use up). Some Swiss, relish and BBQ sauce along with fresh 'maters & spud salad.  :cool:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW!!!! Lookit dem fatties!!!!!!!!! Holy cripers!!!!!!!     :hubba: :tongue: And smomed-up weenies! Boy, we sure eat good around here!!!
« Last Edit: September 09/10/18, 12:57:32 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Charcoaled chicky, fresh 'maters, green tops, black olives, ham'n pea mac salad..... :tongue:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dayim! Dat looks good! I bet the neighbor lady will be on her way over to ravish you any second... :bow:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
She'll have to wait...sneezing, hackin', chest is on fire....got it good, whatever it is. Gangbangarrhea of the upper blowhole, mayhap.... :censored:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Charcoaled chicky, fresh 'maters, green tops, black olives, ham'n pea mac salad..... :tongue:
got plenty of TP on hand!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :puke:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
got plenty of TP on hand!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :puke:

Excuse me? You have plenty of Tiny People on hand? We already know that... :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: September 09/12/18, 08:36:20 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
If you dropped off some sheep in reb's yard he wouldn't have to spend time mowing and could chase nl instead. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds good in theory del except women have this strange affinity for all things cute and woolly. Suddenly yer doin' chores, tossin' feed bags, shovelin' screenings, balin' hay, beddin' pens, haulin' chit and they're nowhere to be found!   :bonk:
« Last Edit: September 09/12/18, 09:53:11 PM by Dotch »