Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900313 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Makes me want to do another rack tomorrow.  L.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Was going to try some mustard but the rack was plenty juicy for the rub. High mountain has all tge other ingredients in it but added more. This time around onion powder got the nod over garlic.. see what ya started lps.. :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Was going to try some mustard but the rack was plenty juicy for the rub. High mountain has all tge other ingredients in it but added more. This time around onion powder got the nod over garlic.. see what ya started lps.. :happy1:
who...…...you and da missis cant eat all that...…..on my way!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Those are the nicest meatiest ribs I have ever seen.  Best rack I have seen on here since Friday. Well I just put the ring bologna in the smoker.  They sat in beer frig overnight.  Have hickory in smoke box.  1 hr at 150, 1 hr at 175, 1 hr at 200, then I turn the fan on to get moisture out of the smoker and let go till sausage is 150-155. 

« Last Edit: April 04/14/19, 11:53:51 AM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Where do you guys get yer High Mountain stuff? Fareway won't order anymore Fat Boy Cowgirl Rub, or any of their other rubs.....new meat manager. He's a real prize.
Anyway, looking to try some others besides using mine all the time. There isn't much to choose from around here....might haveta break down and order some.  :rolleyes:

https://bestnaturalbbq.com/
« Last Edit: April 04/14/19, 12:18:06 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe it was fleet farm reb, not 100% sure though, we've had it a while. Dang lps the rings look excellent!! Tgats my down fall, I suck at stuffing..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks boob. I'll haveta look there again. Maybe they'll have more with Spring (!) coming.
Had very little last week.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
 Have you looked at scheels?   they had some stuff..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Our grocery store has High Mountain stuff by the meat case.  Maybe yours does too. ??  Well I had a ribeye out to grill yesterday but we ended up having a fire so things got late and had a pizza instead.  So now the steak will be really good tonight.  Yesterday I drizzled it on both sides with olive oil, then Lawry's, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper.  Gonna be great.  The wife is going to pick up lettuce and a yam. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Found a shaker of Pit Boss Pork Rub...that'll do me for now, along with my own wunnerful rub.  :tongue:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Welp, it's a go. The pigger steaks have a good load of a new rub on 'em (Back Forty Texas Style pork rub) and they're tightly wrapped and melding in the 'fridge. Gonna make a pot of beans in a bit, have some slaw ready to make, a batch of new green tops, and a foil packet I just filled with apple wood for the grill...first smoked piggers of the year are always the best. Just like that first kiss.... :tongue:
« Last Edit: April 04/16/19, 09:40:09 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds fun Rebs..   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm gonna enjoy the heck out of it!!!! Sunny and 63*, on the deck!.....YES!  :dancinred:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Welp, it's a go. The pigger steaks have a good load of a new rub on 'em (Back Forty Texas Style pork rub) and they're tightly wrapped and melding in the 'fridge. Gonna make a pot of beans in a bit, have some slaw ready to make, a batch of new green tops, and a foil packet I just filled with apple wood for the grill...first smoked piggers of the year are always the best. Just like that first kiss.... :tongue:
damn you eat like a king reb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, every once in a while I don't haveta have my bowl of gruel!   :undecided:  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pigger slabs are smokin' away right now................. :tongue:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice!! Dunk in a little mix of horseradish n bbq sauce and your golden!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Um numm... *URP*BURP* was almost too much to eat...and there's still one left!  Smoky beans, mac salad, and the fresh green tops did the trick.... :tongue:

« Last Edit: April 04/16/19, 06:13:07 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job Rebs.  Nice looking plate.  The Mac Salad looks good too. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job Rebs.  Nice looking plate.  The Mac Salad looks good too.

I woulda put a sprig of parsley on it for more eye appeal, but I was fresh out.  :rotflmao:
Or, I coulda done like in the 60's supper-club days...a spiced apple ring, I loved those.
« Last Edit: April 04/16/19, 07:15:41 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good enough for me to hit with no parsley reb!! Got kind of a jam here, steaks and burglars are thawed,  but da friggen rain ain't lettin up. Soooooooo thinking maybe tailgate burglars in da garage on the little gasser and steaks tomorrow on da patio... ya, what the heck..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been in that predicament too BB.  Too much meat thawed out and not enough weekend to smoke or cook it.  What a fun situation.  Sounds like you thought your way out of it.  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, always too much meat........ :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gots to take what the course gives ya I always say lps.  Chuckeye's drizzled in oil then seasoned,  nekkid spuds n fungus with a side salad..I'm to pooped to play..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Gots to take what the course gives ya I always say lps.  Chuckeye's drizzled in oil then seasoned,  nekkid spuds n fungus with a side salad..I'm to pooped to play..

Really though. Who needs drugs when there is grilled meat, spuds and shroom smoke to inhale?   :party1: :dancinred:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Really though. Who needs drugs when there is grilled meat, spuds and shroom smoke to inhale?   :party1: :dancinred:
especially on an expensive.... Awe never mind!! :sleazy: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
I found a new combo.  Any offers?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Egads Boober! That looks fabulous! I hope you didn't hafta mace her... :rotflmao:

NO such danger here tonite. She was working so after a day of work, seeing a friend at the care center, doing the chores then getting the Stude out I decided it was Hormel center cut time. Pear wood in the smoker boxes seasoned with smokehouse maple, seared ~3 minutes a side then finished indirect 10 minutes a side. Tater salad, Birdseye frozen peas, a little Boodles and Jack Rudy's tonic. There you have it!

« Last Edit: April 04/18/19, 10:37:27 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What?? Ya didn't boil the meat??! :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: