Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900645 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
man that's sad Glenn.... 

made some chicken tenders today..  1/2 Italian seasoning and the other BBQ sauce..  pasta hot dish and asparagus with course salt and pepper and oil, and mushrooms.  most on the grill... dang I'm full!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
man that's sad Glenn.... 

made some chicken tenders today..  1/2 Italian seasoning and the other BBQ sauce..  pasta hot dish and asparagus with course salt and pepper and oil, and mushrooms.  most on the grill... dang I'm full!!
no pictures....... :sleazy: :rotflmao:

It's still edible.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
man that's sad Glenn.... 

no pictures....... :sleazy: :rotflmao:

It's still edible.

and I thank you kind sir!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'll take yer word for it mikey. Sounds good to me. As long as you promise to stay off them Tide pods... :rotflmao:

Got the house cleaned up and kicked the snot out of the thistle infestation in the pasture. Curled them up within a half hour. Milestone is some wonderful stuff.

Lamb chops seasoned with Cavenders grilled direct, salad with craisins & flaxseed, baked beans and last but not least, COTTAGE CHEESE! Added bonus: Rhubarb pie & ice cream for dessert. After getting a clean bill of health at the clinic, Mrs. Cheviot ain't got a prayer of catching me!  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good Dotch, cept for that curdled milk on your plate. :puke:

By the way that beefeater looks like it's on life support!! :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nicely done Dotch!! Clean bill o health or not, you were a boat anchor after wolfing down that spread, best defense might be playing dead.. . :surrender:  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a lot of beans.  LOL  I like the extra large shot glass too Dotch.  No wonder the bottle is a little low.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Love  baked beans!!!  Made some steaks on the grill yesterday.  Two rib eyes and one small ny strip for my mother in law.  Cut them myself.  baked potato with butter and cottage cheese on the side.  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mouth is watering and makes me hungry just lookin' at it RH.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
BUT............BUT.............BUT.............. why must you grown men ruin a perfectly good plate of food with that stuff they call cottage cheese!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
May be my favorite meal RH.  Is that cottage cheese on the spuds?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mouth is watering and makes me hungry just lookin' at it RH.  :happy1:

I feel the same way Dotch!!!!!!!!!!!   my oh my does that look great!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman

Yes, that is cottage cheese.  Some butter also.  good luck.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
great time of year for the neighborhood "pit masters"

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Cottage cheese on spuds? What planet it are you guys from, I have never heard that?  :scratch:

I might have to try that!  ;)
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Cottage cheese on spuds? What planet it are you guys from, I have never heard that?  :scratch:

Apparently not Glenn's planet.. :rotflmao: Rh raised tge cottage cheese bar, and yes I need to try that as well.. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Apparently not Glenn's planet.. :rotflmao: Rh raised tge cottage cheese bar, and yes I need to try that as well.. :happy1:
cottage cheese and a list of alot of other things need to GO TO another planet!!!!!!!! :mooning: :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
to me it would be the same as sour cream but in a different way or taste I think....   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I had cottage cheese with my quesadilla at lunch. What a versatile treat!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to use just butter and sour cream but my wife liked cottage cheese on hers.  So I tried it and liked it more.  I put a little black pepper on the cottage cheese as well.  Ya some just use butter but to me cottage cheese is the way to go with butter.  Split it open and put on the butter and then the cottage cheese.  I would have done my twice baked potato for fathers day but I was lazy.  good luck.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good call to me Rh, gonna try it tonight on spuds but I'm gonna add some chives to it out of the garden...Ya never know..  :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That is something I have to try.  Great idea.  good luck.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 Little chuckeye's nekkid taters and shrooms,  Topped off with beans and the now Rh's famous tater topper!!  :bow:  :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, chuck eye steaks my favorite!! To me it's like rib eyes without the price.  And those baked beans!!  My wife and her mom [93] don't like them I am relucktant to make my own recipe because of that.  So I'm stuck with the caned type for a single serving and that's tha whole can.  Nice!!!  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We like Bush's beans.  And I am going to do the cottage cheese on my next potato too.  Had some cottage cheese with a sandwich for lunch yesterday.  Glenn are you feeling left out?  LOL 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We like Bush's beans.  And I am going to do the cottage cheese on my next potato too.  Had some cottage cheese with a sandwich for lunch yesterday.  Glenn are you feeling left out?  LOL
nope not one bit.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, chuck eye steaks my favorite!! To me it's like rib eyes without the price.  And those baked beans!!  My wife and her mom [93] don't like them I am relucktant to make my own recipe because of that.  So I'm stuck with the caned type for a single serving and that's tha whole can.  Nice!!!  good luck.

Dang, every time I read this thread I'm hearing a new chunk of meat I never heard of?  :confused: Only two per cow no wonder. So we an't finding these at Cub?

"What is a chuck eye steak? It is often referred to as the poor man’s rib eye and that is for good reason. Rib eyes are cut from the 6th to the 12th rib of the cow. The chuck eye is cut off the 5th rib. Don’t confuse them with chuck steaks. These are chuck EYE steaks. There are only two chuck eye steaks per cow so they aren’t always available. But when they are, they are quite the treat at a much discounted rate from the lauded rib eye:"

« Last Edit: June 06/17/19, 08:08:27 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I always told ya leech...…...get away from sillytown you'd learn sunfin!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: