Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900162 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep.  Less than five minutes.  Flipping them over direct heat.  They were marinated overnight plus, since they were grilled around 2pm.  good luck.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, about the only thing marinated here was me!  :rotflmao: Chicky on the grill time, roasted herb & garlic seasoning and basted on both sides with a bottle of sweet bourbon glaze I had in the fridge. Grilled indirect with apple wood in the smoker boxes. The good news was I was once again able to avoid Mrs. Cheviot's advances. The bad news is now I'm out of cottage cheese!  :mad1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Ahh...grilled chicky!  Another taste tingling treat!  :tongue:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It had been a long time since I'd made any. I scarfed one piece down before I put any on my plate. Almost burned my mouth but I was starving.  :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well, about the only thing marinated here was me!  :rotflmao: Chicky on the grill time, roasted herb & garlic seasoning and basted on both sides with a bottle of sweet bourbon glaze I had in the fridge. Grilled indirect with apple wood in the smoker boxes. The good news was I was once again able to avoid Mrs. Cheviot's advances. The bad news is now I'm out of cottage cheese!  :mad1:
outta cottage cheese!!! Finally!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; :clap: :clap: :laughroll:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
*SQUEEK*SQUEEK*SQUEEK*................. :scratch: :confused:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes I love chicken done like that!!!  I'm the only one that like's to glaze while on the grill.  My wife and her mom likes sauce on the side.  Thinking of doing this tomorrow now that I seen that pic.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I make a glaze of apricot jam and honey....num num!  Ya can toss in some OJ and a touch of soy sauce, too.  :tongue:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I make a glaze of apricot jam and honey....num num!  Ya can toss in some OJ and a touch of soy sauce, too.  :tongue:
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry!!!! The list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just finished smoking a batch of CSR's over a pile of applewood, then slathered them in Baby Ray's Hickory for the final cook down. Got a tub of mac ham'n pea salad, bacon-cheddar mac salad, some coleslaw, pile o' green tops, and some butter pecan ice cream. I'm all ready for when the tummy says EAT!  :tongue:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that sounds good right down to the ice cream.   :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep Reb you got it down on that meal.  Full Variety.  Not so much with me yesterday.  But I did use Rebs apricot, honey, orange juice and a splash of soy sauce glaze.  it was very good.  My wife wants me to put a little bit of hot pepper flakes in the mix next time and I agree.  That nice sweetness would go well with just a little heat.  So Wings and some corn was the meal.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe we could call that mix R & R's  glaze.  :rotflmao:  :tongue:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree :happy1: Then when I add the red pepper it can be R&R Spicy. :hubba:good luck.

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
A little bit of everything tonight on the grill. Baked potato, grilled veggies, asparagus, chicken breast, bourbon salmon and Mac and cheese. Wow I can’t move now.

if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow that is a big meal!!!  Nicely done.  good luck.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Wowsers,  you guys eat good!  Dotch had a great idea with pig steaks ( your guys chicken is next) although the weather was perfect for some old fashion grilling,  oak, ash and maple fueled.  After 2 beers  the meat was ready and momma had the sliced taters, shrooms, zucchini and side salad ready. Thought I'd build her confidence up this time and let her catch me... :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
More piggers!   We need to design a T-shirt with something on it..., :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/28/19, 06:29:43 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks muy bien Boober!  :happy1: Ya every once in a while it's OK to let them to satisfy their thirst. Next thing ya know tho they want it all the time so you hafta rock 'em back on their heels... :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
More piggers!   We need to design a T-shirt with something on it..., :rotflmao:

Aha!!! We can start a Piggers club!  Grilled Pigger steaks are our mainstay!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good reb!! I bet a certain someone would have ketchup stains on that in no time..  :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good reb!! I bet a certain someone would have ketchup stains on that in no time..  :rotflmao: :mooning:

HEEE HEEEE...... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
who dat?? :scratch: :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

HEEE HEEEE...... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:happy1: damn straight!! :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nuttin' today! Too hot and steamy out! Leftover CSR's with some mac salad and a loaded tossed salad, that should hit the spot. And some ice cream!   :azn:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Same here. Ate the last of my chicky and have lamborger thawed out in the fridge for mañana. Was just too warm after chores & mowing lawn. Tossed my used lime & excess cubes out in the yard a minute ago. OMG is it steamy out there yet! Stayin' indoors close to the Beefeaters and quinine water. With the number of mosquitoes on the loose there just hasta be malaria running rampant... :rotflmao:

Be careful Boober! Give them women an inch and purty soon they'll want all 10!  :shocked:
« Last Edit: June 06/29/19, 11:09:53 PM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Since Rebs is gonna grill today in the heat I think I will too.  I have been doing my brother's chicken method on my pellet grill and it is great.  I will pat the thighs dry and then wipe on some olive oil and spices.  Get grill up to 400 and then put the thighs on for 45 minutes.  Turns out great everytime. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Best not talk about patting thighs with Dotch and Boober on here...although a juicy thigh is my favorite, too.... :bonk:  :rotflmao: