Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900314 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds great lps, oh ya, gots to give a good pat down on good thigh and breast now and then.. :happy1: Just dont pat down your brats later reb!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup that's the best part of the chicky!!  have try the oil on it next time!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Hint: I always spray chicky with PAM after I put the seasonings on....try it! I always take the skin off the chicky, and the oil keeps it juicy and from drying out on the outside.
Barry's got 'er down.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: June 06/30/19, 10:15:44 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds great lps, oh ya, gots to give a good pat down on good thigh and breast now and then.. :happy1: Just dont pat down your brats later reb!!

:azn:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read to do that recently or saw it on a cooking show.  Must get the moisture off the skin if you want a nice crunchy skin.  Then put on the butter or olive oil.  Makes quite a difference too. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually rub the chicken or chicken parts with olive oil and then put on the rub.  This way the rub sticks on there better.  And like Reb said that this way the skin does get crispier.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't eat the skin on anything becuz of the cholesterol. However, with all these storms and tornados and floods here, I think I'm gonna start...........might as well.   :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 06/30/19, 03:35:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And of course, just as I fired up the grill, it started raining again. Said screw it and grilled my cheddar-bacon brat patties and two burgers. Some mac ham/pea salad, cheddar salad, green tops, and we were all set.  *urp*  Even a properly placed hat ala Glenn.  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06/30/19, 05:12:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: where's the katchup? :scratch: :pouty: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I KNEW you were gonna ask that as I put them on the bun, so.....the ketchup is UNDER the pickle on the burger...click on pic, zoom in,  and look close... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/30/19, 05:25:22 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
are those onions the ones I sent...……..awe never mind!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nuttin wrong with a brat burglar!!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nope.

Reb where do you get them. I  could easily see trying them if I can find them as long as it doesn't say Johnsonville.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nope.

Reb where do you get them. I  could easily see trying them if I can find them as long as it doesn't say Johnsonville.

hard to find but I have some and they will get grilled this week!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
nope.

You won't buy them....they'e Walmart brand. Best I've had. Cheddar and bacon, and they also have cheddar/jalepeno. Way better than Johnsonville (those were crap) and I've had some fromm the butcher shop, Fareways...and from a  butcher shop place in Wisconsin, Smoken' Joe's, also makes them. Had all of those, Walmarts are the best. Thick and juicy. I don't know who makes them for Walmart, but they sure are good. Great for breakfast, too, in place of snausage. Slap 'em on toast with a fried egg and a slice of swiss on top.....

« Last Edit: June 06/30/19, 07:46:08 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Your right. Appears I'll have to search around.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Finally got a chance to get the lamborgers grilled between rains and 4-H kids working with their lambs. Cavenders again grilled direct with leftover apple wood in the coals. On the plate with the burglar: garlic & parmesan baby red potatoes, Mrs. Gerry's macaroni salad, and the craisin flaxseed salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Think I'm gonna give Mrs. Cheviot some strawberry cheesecake ice cream for dessert then wait for it to knock her out. That way I can sleep in peace without being pawed all nite long!  :mad1: 

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lookin' purty good there, Dotch! I think the small addition of Ruby staring up, and a hat on the table, would complement the entire meal..... :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Lookin' purty good there, Dotch! I think the small addition of Ruby staring up, and a hat on the table, would complement the entire meal..... :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: that hat on the table is trademarked and i have it patented!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya right. Here's yer hat.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
nope.

We like Fareway's down home, not bad. Never tried Wally's
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure gonna miss Fareway here.  Pullin' out Aug 1st because taxes too high in this wunnerful town, so I was told.  :angry2: Don't know where I'm gonna get my goodies now. Hope they have assorted piggers on sale, I'll try to fill the freezer before they leave. But, they're only moving ten miles away to Byron, so I can make a mini- road trip if I have to. They had 85/15 on sale in 10 lb chubs for $2.79 last week. Bought one, weighed out ten chubs, freezer wrapped 'em, and popped 'em in the freezer.
« Last Edit: July 07/01/19, 08:59:45 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Well I did get a candid photo of Ruby the other when the thunder & lightning had her worked up. She licks a lot when that happens not unlike Mrs. Cheviot when I'm grilling!  :rotflmao:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Isn't that the same expression you have when you realize you only have a half bottle of gin left?? :scratch: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Isn't that the same expression you have when you realize you only have a half bottle of gin left?? :scratch: :rotflmao:

Closer to this I think...

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 strawberry cheesecake ice cream,  what brand is that ice cream Dotch??  sounds real good!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
strawberry cheesecake ice cream,  what brand is that ice cream Dotch??  sounds real good!!!

It's a Schwan's creation. Wicked stuff, as good as it sounds. I'm hoarding the rest of it until after she leaves tomorrow a.m. :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no schwan's here.... :pouty: