Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900724 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Leftovers for lunch today.  Venison chops in gravy over bread.  We had potatoes yesterday but only enough left for one so my wife had the potatoes.  Didn't even need a knife for the venison. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds yummy deadeye!  :happy1:

Tried out the new batch of lamburger tonite. Consistently fantastic as usual. Mixed it with diced onion and seasoned it with Weber's gourmet burger seasoning. Was some apple wood left in the smoker boxes so used that up. A little tossed salad & some Birdseye peas washed down with a Busch Light. Best of all there were 4 leftover burgers so if the weather gets snotty and we can't grill the turkey Thusday we can have those bad boys.  :coffee:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm worried about Boober. Guessing his wife has him tethered to some furniture somewhere... :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
he's a  big boy...…….i'm sure he can handle it!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
THAT would have been the case Dotch if we didnt have company, 4 1/2 hour smoked bird  with all the fixings. Company left a bit ago and momma is out.... Time to help break down all this grub with some Busch linghts!!  :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
THAT would have been the case Dotch if we didnt have company, 4 1/2 hour smoked bird  with all the fixings. Company left a bit ago and momma is out.... Time to help break down all this grub with some Busch linghts!!  :happy1:

Why not have beer instead?

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Why not have beer instead?
  I are, top shelf...or is it taste great, less filling???  :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Drinking Busch Light Boober is prolly trying to maintain his stealth & cat like reflexes by watching his carbs. My brother is diabetic & it's one he actually likes. I drink it because a bunch of it comes home after the State Fair and it's free!  :rotflmao:

Already on leftovers tonite. Grilled the 11.5 lb. turkey in a little under 2 hours. Very moist and whatever that wood was in the smoker boxes, it was a hit. Mrs. Cheviot even commented on it as she was eyeing me up. It was about that time the trytophan kicked in and she conked out. Close call. Thought I was goner for a minute. Managed to squeeze in a pretty good nap meself after that.  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well my boneless pork loin with pine apple was great!!!  stayed tender and juicy!!  it was a hit!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
 :happy1:

Fresh Pineapple Juice contains an enzyme bromelain, which is a natural meat tenderizer. It is used in many commercial meat tenderizers. This enzyme is destroyed in the canning process, so canned Pineapple Juice won't work. Frozen will work; powdered or bottled won't

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is true Reb, I forgot that!!  thanks for the reminder!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
that is true Reb, I forgot that!!  thanks for the reminder!!!

And that enzyme will turn meat into mush if you aren't careful.    Used to be a cheap steak place here in Rochester... Bonanza or Ponderosa or somthing like that.  Reb probably was buddies with the guy.   Anyway they used that tenderizer on their cheap steaks so they were sort of edible.  Got one one time that they didn't get it on evenly and half was mush and the other half was leather....

(It was at Miracle Mile for the locals)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And how do you purport to  know all this? Did they come out and tell  you?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
moderation is the key!!!!!!!!!!!!    :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

I recall that the information that the steaks were treated was in the fine print on the menu.    What was that stuff they used to sell, Adolph's meat tenderizer?   Did you ever use it?   Or was that before your  time?   

Do you recall the joint I am talking about?   Would have been in the early 80's.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I found it.... Pineapple extract!!!

ADOLPH'S® ORIGINAL MEAT TENDERIZER
Great for tenderizing meat! Perfect on beef, pork or poultry. Draw out the flavor in your family's favorite home-cooked meals with Adolph's Original, all natural tenderizer. Pineapple fruit extract, natural sugars and sea salt gently tenderizes meat while infusing it with premium flavor.

https://www.mccormick.com/lawrys/flavors/adolphs/adolphs-original-meat-tenderizer

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

I recall that the information that the steaks were treated was in the fine print on the menu.    What was that stuff they used to sell, Adolph's meat tenderizer?   Did you ever use it?   Or was that before your  time?   

Do you recall the joint I am talking about?   Would have been in the early 80's.

Yes. My roomates brother Dennis was the manager there.

Almost every home in the 60's had Adolph's.   :coffee:

https://www.facebook.com/AdolphsMeatTenderizer/
« Last Edit: November 11/30/19, 08:42:42 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember in the early 80's that there was a thing going around that you could cut something out of the garden and then just pour pineapple juice on it to preserve it.  Lot's of people were doing it too.  Then they sent out warnings that there wasn't enough acid or whatever it was in the juice to do a good safe job of it.  Can't remember what it was though.  Squash???

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't recall that?? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember in the early 80's that there was a thing going around that you could cut something out of the garden and then just pour pineapple juice on it to preserve it.  Lot's of people were doing it too.  Then they sent out warnings that there wasn't enough acid or whatever it was in the juice to do a good safe job of it.  Can't remember what it was though.  Squash???

Yup. It was how to preserve and make canned "zucchini pineapple". Just about killed some people.  :bonk:

Mikey inspects and uses only the best natural pineapples, though....... ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't recall that??

Yes you do. '60's jar, then they changed image in the 70's and actually added garlic powder to  some of it. That, and also Accent sold a lot, I know, until they said MSG is really bad for ya. Tell the Chinee restaurants that.................
« Last Edit: November 11/30/19, 10:24:21 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that's what it was.  Cut up zucchini and put it in canning jars and pour pineapple juice on it. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup Reb I remember that, it was the veggie LPS was asking about that I don't recall... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember it cuz me and 2 buddies rented a nice old farm house on the edge of town.  We planted a huge garden and had a whole lot of zucchini.  Had no idea what to do with all of it so this was one of the things to do with it.  The rest ended up getting plowed under. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't recall that??

Yes you do. '60's jar, then they changed image in the 70's and actually added garlic powder to  some of it. That, and Accent sold a lot, I know, until they said MSG is really bad for ya. Tell the Chinee restaurants that.................

And if you used too much or left it too long you didn't need to chew the steak.. :thumbs: :tut:
I don't recall it having MSG, but maybe back then.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It didn't have MSG. Accent did and was.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember that used to be the stuff to use when grilling.