Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 901149 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
potato sausage but not a brat... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ya, and the experts don't know what a potato brat is, either!  :bonk:
dont friggin care either...................................... :mooning: :mooning: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'll reply that next time you ask what air compressor or T-stat to get..... :moon:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe a Swedish sausage type of brat.  I love them.  RH makes them too.  They have meat and onions and spuds in them.  Kind of mild.  The meat market here makes them.  Usually with cheese in them too. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll reply that next time you ask what air compressor or T-stat to get..... :moon:
ya promise!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Barry. The butcher Shop is always talking about them on the radio. I never heard of 'em before.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Swede potato sausage with brat seasoning?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's not a brat seasoning per say...  different seasonings ...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's a BRAT sold at the BUTCHER SHOP.  :banghead:  %$#@! CRIPES!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gas station brats!!!  some times they are darn good!!!
:puke: your not serious are you............. :doah: :scratch: i wouldnt feed them to my ex wife!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!

There sure is an awful lot of blubbering going on down here... :police: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe a Swedish sausage type of brat.  I love them.  RH makes them too.  They have meat and onions and spuds in them.  Kind of mild.  The meat market here makes them.  Usually with cheese in them too. 
Cheese too? What kind, and dont say swedish cheese Glenn  :tut: :tut: We make or buy lots o swedes but cheeseless,  I'd probably give those store bought brots a shot.. :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I have never heard of swedish sausage with cheese in them but who knows.  Potato sausage is called swedish sausage and some other names as well.  But I make them once a year and would never put cheese in it.  good luck.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
What if I put some cheese & bacon in the potatoe sausage? Ruthie don't like "potato sausage"..... would it be better?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
What if I put some cheese & bacon in the potatoe sausage? Ruthie don't like "potato sausage"..... would it be better?

try it, it sounds good... 

maybe cook the bacon some first even...
« Last Edit: December 12/18/19, 06:39:55 PM by mike89 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
How could you go wrong with cheese and bacon?

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Cheese and bacon?  Why not but to me it just doesn't do it for Swedish Sausage.  But go for it.  Could be something good.  good luck.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Cheese and bacon?  Why not but to me it just doesn't do it for Swedish Sausage.  But go for it.  Could be something good.  good luck.

Rh that is why I like the Swedish Sausage as is too...  it might be good but I don't know big a batch to make and try... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Cheese too? What kind, and dont say swedish cheese Glenn  :tut: :tut: We make or buy lots o swedes but cheeseless,  I'd probably give those store bought brots a shot.. :happy1:
huh?? who me?? :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Rh that is why I like the Swedish Sausage as is too...  it might be good but I don't know big a batch to make and try...
Ten pounds sounds about right.  If you don't like it, you can always send it to Reb.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang right. I'd eat it. Waste not, want not. Right, Mikey?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it would get eaten that's for sure!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
After watching glenn's relative use a pig call to get the Bumble out of the cave I got a hankerin' fer some pork. Needed Norwegian sushi too. Was in luck. Dean said they'd unloaded it off the truck minutes before I got there. Had him pluck a couple of dandy butterfly chops out of the case and we were in business. Smokehouse maple seasoning "Reb-erized", seared direct a couple minutes per side then indirect about 7 minutes per side. Had some apple wood leftover from Thanksgiving to give it some extra smoke flavor. Consumed some holiday cheer while noshing on herring, crackers & cheese to prep. Chops came off juicy & tender. Some Schwan's strawberry ice cream for dessert. Mrs. Cheviot was late getting home. I was zonked out she left me for dead.     
« Last Edit: December 12/20/19, 10:56:19 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: now your stalking me and my relatives????? :bonk: :bonk: :pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut:

ya learn much!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pipe down! He's talking Reb-erized piggers, which demand yer full attention!  :doah:
« Last Edit: December 12/20/19, 06:11:50 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
charcoal grilled chicky, leftover creamed peas, leftover twiced baked taters and leftover coleslaw.

ole glenny boy's gonna pig out. leftover chicky's gonna be chicky chow mein soon!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
awe gawd am I full. still think me's got room for some leftover grasshopper!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just figured out what I'm having for Christmas dinner!!  grilled porter house T-bone steak!!!!   :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/23/19, 06:57:21 AM by mike89 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just figured out what I'm having for Christmas dinner!!  grilled porter house T-bone steak!!!!   :happy1:
livn high off da hog i see!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
livn high off da hog i see!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

why not??  it's going to taste darn good too!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

why not??  it's going to taste darn good too!!!
:happy1: :happy1: i think i gotta eat leftovers!!!!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :pouty:

actually i think chow mein will work. i love our home made chow mein!!!!!