Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900279 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Spurting weenies?!  :shocked:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nah must be sparks.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to grill some brat patties for lunch today!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dug the grill out of the snow; let the games begin! Stuffed pork chops from Morgan's, Birdseye sweet corn and tossed salad w/Russian dressing special just for del. Least I could do after Reb & I blew all that snow up on his roof!  :rotflmao: Seared direct on both sides then indirect for about 10 minutes/side. Apple wood in the smoker boxes. Knocked Mrs. Cheviot down for the count so I could nosh in peace.  :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Russian dressing?  Back in the day we used to make Russian chicken .  Pour some Russian dressing over chicken in a Pyrex pan, cover with foil and put in oven.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd prefer a Russian undressing.  :evil: I knew you'd be out there standing around the grill...see any small blue woodland creatures?  ;)
« Last Edit: February 02/02/20, 07:41:09 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Well played Dotch,  well played.   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna be two bacon wrapped fatties on the smomer when I get the sink done.  Man I am working way too hard.  Will post pics later.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Manufacturing leftovers. Morgan's egg roll brats w/kraut, Swiss, sweet relish for.glenn, siriachi & a dash of soy, dab of sweet & sour on the side.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang, Dotch is hitten er hard. Looking splendid with some serious octane on that plate to keep the ladies at bay!  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's the gift that keeps on giving Boober. Best stay upwind from me tomorrow!  :embarrassed:

Finished off the weekend off with a flurry. Had another ewe come in just before lunch so after the brats I questioned whether I really wanted to do one more grill's worth. Oh what the hell, why not? Lamborgers w/onions mixed in seasoned w/Cavenders. Went direct for sake of time. Nice variety of leftovers to choose from. Just happy that I could still pull it off using the Braille method. Of course the wife attempted to use the Braille method on me. She got so full it shut 'er right down. I missed the halftime show tho. Shakira and JLo must've been hot because the wife hated it... :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: February 02/03/20, 04:50:55 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That hits the spot! Yup, you missed Shakira doing her tongue thing that's all over the internet......I bet Glenn will be doing that now for the next week or two. :rotflmao:

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/internet-can-t-stop-talking-about-shakira-s-super-bowl-n1128511

I guess they DO do that in middle eastern culture.....   :shocked:

https://youtu.be/9tv4KjEon6c

Internet even has one for you, Dotch!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

https://youtu.be/vQXlZrhgoFI
« Last Edit: February 02/03/20, 08:04:22 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now that's talent.   :sleazy:  My fatties didn't turn out like they were supposed to be were still good.  I put way too  much stuff in them and they almost fell apart but the bacon held them together.  I have to put them in an aluminum pan to cook then.  So the bacon didn't get browned like it should.  Will cook them in the oven under the broiler today to get them looking browned.  About 4 this morning I was awoken with the realization I put too many chopped jalapenos in.  Had to take some Tums.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, that stinks! Ya, those 'peno's can come back at ya.  :doah:  Hope they turn out OK.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Now that's talent.   :sleazy:  My fatties didn't turn out like they were supposed to be were still good.  I put way too  much stuff in them and they almost fell apart but the bacon held them together.  I have to put them in an aluminum pan to cook then.  So the bacon didn't get browned like it should.  Will cook them in the oven under the broiler today to get them looking browned.  About 4 this morning I was awoken with the realization I put too many chopped jalapenos in.  Had to take some Tums.

that will do it every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I like jalapenos in a lot of things but same here. Sometimes I regret it. So does my hind end!  :rotflmao:

Ah, the tongue thing. Sheep & goats, primarily rams & billies do that when it's mating season. So do Latin women.   :evil:
« Last Edit: February 02/03/20, 09:26:34 AM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see those habaneros and other peppers and they are beautiful bright colors.  BUT jalapenos are the top of the chart for us.  I have about a 100 of them in the freezer.  @ 1 qt bags full.  They will last us forever.  I like growing them but just can't eat them fast enough. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe ya could slip some into those dead skwirrels Dotch sent Glenn.............. :tongue:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Grilled up some of those Morgans Egg roll brats, smothered in hot chinee mustard, courtesy of the sheep wrangler from Bugtussle. No Maserati rice on hand, so had to make do with some Mrs. Gerry's deviled egg tater salad, and fresh radishes. Brats were great! Whoo, that chinee hot mustard had my tongue feeling livelier than Shakira's last nite.... :tongue:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Oooo, like yer style with that Chinese mustard! Much more zing than siriachi. Of course if you'd sous bidet'd them first they would've been perfect, grasshopper. That variety of Mrs. Gerry's tater salad is some good stuff too. Typically don't stock it in Bugtussle. It's not white so the Swedes and Norwegians consider it too spicy. We have to go black market for that one... :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I add chopped chives and a touch of mustard to it, for an authentic 1960's picnic taste.  :rotflmao:
Dat dere chinee mustard I love slathered on pork eggrolls, with a thin line of sweet and sour sauce on top of it. Melding flavors works for me. Now I think I should pick up a pack of Van's pork and shrimp egg rolls tomorrow. Laid up right now after the shoulder procedure. Should be feelin' real good tomorrow.  :rolleyes: Was a bit invasive....in three areas.  :doah: Guess nothing some good chinee or Vietnamese couldn't heal. Might haveta stop in at my friend Chau's restaurant tomorrow. Heavenly eggs rolls.......and Vietnamese chicken wings. She always gives me a huge plate of her pork fried rice for nothing. Knows how I love it. Non-maserati. *NOM*NOM*
« Last Edit: February 02/03/20, 08:28:27 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man I haven't even had breakfast yet and youse guys are making me want more than Cheerios.  Well I broiled the fatties and they turned out great.  I do have to pick a few jalapenos out of it though as I said I overdid it.  Whenever we go to the Chinese place in Bemidji I have to have some of that spicy yellow mustard.  I just can't pass it up.  I only eat part of the pkg too.  Man that has some kick to it. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, those look great!  :hubba:  Never made a fattie before, (shutup Glenn) but might haveta do that someday...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Wow, those look great!  :hubba:  Never made a fattie before, (shutup Glenn) but might haveta do that someday...
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenns mind is pure as a cesspool, Reb... :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, think he needs a box of Rid-X.     :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :tut: :tut: :tut: :doah: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: i have no idea what youz guyz speak of!!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch: :scratch: :angel: :angel: :angel:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
don't forget the lime!!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good idea! And not the green ones offa trees, either!