Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900320 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
OMG! Buttered noodles WITH KATCHUP!?!? WTH???  :scratch: :confused:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
OMG! Buttered noodles WITH KATCHUP!?!? WTH???  :scratch: :confused:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
That's his world famous skeggittie recipe.   Catsup is Glenn's marinara.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
That's his world famous skeggittie recipe.   Catsup is Glenn's marinara.
:happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No noodles, no KATCHUP, just straight atcha lamborgers w/Cavenders, Birdseye mixed vegetables, union made cottage cheese & cheeps. Ate outside as part of social distancing. Worked like a charm. Mrs. Cheviot was a goner long before she woulda had the chance to make a move on me. Can't let my guard down.  :embarrassed:
« Last Edit: June 06/28/20, 11:32:26 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good Dotch!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
well played Dotch and looks fabulistic!!  :bow:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
What would the 4th be w/o weenies? A couple different makes here, regular homemade weenies & MSG free weenies from Morgans. Also their regular uncooked brats. Add some Mrs. Gerry's mac salad, some fruit and dinner was served. Actually supper. I eat my dinner at noon. Got back from the lake a little late & after chores I mowed the road cut known as El Capitan. I knew Mrs. Cheviot wanted me but I feigned heat exhaustion after I grilled the weenies. Close call.  :whistling:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice Dotch!  And weenies do seem to be the 4th of July thing.  May have to think about that for today.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Boars Freedom Burger!
Bear an pork mox seasonedbwith Wi style braut mix with with 2 layers grill onions an shrooms and matzzo cheese on a toasted  french roll. it was better than it looks!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks luscious Jeff!   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks and sounds great Boar!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Never had bear but it sounds good Boar.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a rack of BB's rubbed up and am going to smome them now!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Our ribs turned out great.  They were BB's so we did 2,2,1 method as usual on them.  Usually we put some sauce on them when we wrap them but didn't yesterday.  Had Lawrys, garlic powder, fresh ground pepper, paprika, and sprinkled regular sugar on them.  Used Hickory chunks.  Man they were good.  We didn't even dip in sauce when we ate them they were so good.  Plenty of juice just from the meat. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds wonderful lps. The big o charcoal grill we have here is showing signs of over worked,  so the wife told me " why don't you get a pellet grill" HA, sounds like a green light to me!! Soooo, probably do some heavy petting in the next few days at the big  box stores, just to get an idea of what's out there.  A fella at work picked up one online for 1500 smackaroos,  he swears by it but I ain't dumping that kinda cash on one. Gonna miss tgat big o grill but it will be nice not to have charcoal anymore..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds wonderful lps. The big o charcoal grill we have here is showing signs of over worked,  so the wife told me " why don't you get a pellet grill" HA, sounds like a green light to me!! Soooo, probably do some heavy petting in the next few days at the big  box stores, just to get an idea of what's out there.  A fella at work picked up one online for 1500 smackaroos,  he swears by it but I ain't dumping that kinda cash on one. Gonna miss tgat big o grill but it will be nice not to have charcoal anymore..
:tut: :tut: :tut: heathen..........how dare you say no more charcoal.........might as well get one of them deloboil thingys!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: :tut: heathen..........how dare you say no more charcoal.........might as well get one of them deloboil thingys!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Be curious to see what you come up with Boober. Hickeys, bite marks, back scratches, etc.  :evil:

Have thought about a pellet grill but then I think to myself I already have 3 Webers. I usually use only one at a time unless I'm doing a leg of lamb and turkey for a party or something. 2 gas grills I rarely use, one of which is presently occupied by a nest of wrens. On the other hand, I like the slow & go concept of the pellet grill. Just think how much gin & quinine water I could consume to further my COVID-19 research... :scratch: 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Two step process thing amagings to cook food?? No way. Already have the pit boss 5 smoker, might as well have the grill. Pellets are cheap and easy, but I hear ya the charcoal has been getting the babes all fired up  fir years..  :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/07/20, 04:53:51 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Tonight's grub..

Dang your good, now your grilling at an angle.  Wow!   :rotflmao:

Click-it and it shows upright.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/07/20, 07:25:51 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have had a Green Mountain Grill for many years.  They have been great PR people.  I had a small issue and they helped with a real person on the phone.  Eric I think.  Even sent me some free spices to help me out.  Great company but I am sure others are too.  One thing about pellet grills is that you do have to take the grates out and clean them every few smokes.  I love mine!!!!!  Chicken thighs at 400 for 40 minutes is pretty darn good.  Dry them with paper towels first and then put butter on them.  Getting them dry first is the main issue. 

I have an old 1 gallon shop vac that I just use for the grill.  I just point it  into the wind and vac it out.  No filters needed.  Let it all blow into nature.  Works great. 

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobber, as much as you grill you’ll love a pellet grill. This is the one I’m looking at. It’ll be the last grill I purchase.
https://www.rectecgrills.com/RT-700-Wood-Pellet-Grill
Good luck with your search.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks coop, yep that's the unit my co worker picked up. He made big strides over the years  tho,  boasted on his big dollar gas grills then finally dumped them for weber kettle grills now onto that unit. I'm a big fan of the warming rack for spuds n stuff so that'll come into play making a purchase. Thanks!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks coop, yep that's the unit my co worker picked up. He made big strides over the years  tho,  boasted on his big dollar gas grills then finally dumped them for weber kettle grills now onto that unit. I'm a big fan of the warming rack for spuds n stuff so that'll come into play making a purchase. Thanks!!

I have a green mountain and I do enjoy that one for sure and I have the double rack...  I have the Daniel Boone but the way you cook you might want the bigger one..   no matter what you will like it!!

and Coop that is one heck of a grill!!  never heard of it till you popped it in there...  no matter what just enjoy what ya get!!! 
« Last Edit: July 07/08/20, 07:32:06 PM by mike89 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the Daniel Boone too.  I think the bigger one is the Jim Bowie. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked those green mountain units up, very nice. So maybe a dumb question,  if you wanna sear anything is it only directly over the burn pot? Or does the heat fan out more than just a small area for searing?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
don't think I can sear on mine or least I have not tried..  I'm very happy with the results as is!!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Seared this baby. Hadn't  made a steak in ages. Mrs. Cheviot was after me but I put the afterburner on.  :happy1: New York stripper, Birdseye peas & Mrs. Gerry's Mac salad.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: looks awesome. Sure wish I had steak knives.... No wait. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

I still think you guys are goofy not letting the misses catch ya!!! :confused: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: looks awesome. Sure wish I had steak knives.... No wait. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

I still think you guys are goofy not letting the misses catch ya!!! :confused: :evil: :rotflmao:
:scratch: Do you? :sleazy: Oh wait, that means she'd have to be :doah:.................................................nevermind!! ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon