Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900300 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Darn boneless chops were over done.  Still tasty so I will cut them up tomorrow and use them in something.  Great flavor!

no matter what I always use my temp probe when I'm doing meats...
I like to probe too. :sleazy: :smoking: :mooning: :evil: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn boneless chops were over done.  Still tasty so I will cut them up tomorrow and use them in something.  Great flavor!

no wonder you come home early!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup my fault too.  I should have. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

no wonder you come home early!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Or an instant read thermometer.   Classic is Thermopen, made in USA, but there are some decent Chinese knock offs

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
US made only.............

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
US made only.............

Then check out the thermopen stuff.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked those green mountain units up, very nice. So maybe a dumb question,  if you wanna sear anything is it only directly over the burn pot? Or does the heat fan out more than just a small area for searing?

They are great for cooking anything except a nicely seared steak.  They only get up to 500 degrees and the heat is way below the grates so not good for searing.  I even spent $100 on a set of Grill Grates.  They are an aluminum rack that may absorb heat to help sear.  Didn't do the trick for me.  SO that is where the charcoal or gas grill excel.  I will sell the Grill Grates for 1/2 price if anyone is interested!  Or make an offer.  LOL  SO I have a gas grill, my Daniel Boone and my Smokin' It smoker.  I use them all too.  I also have a cheaper kettle grill but don't use it much anymore.
Not sure which way I'll go, looked at a nice unit the other day but only goes to 500 also. I did find replacement grates for the big  charcoal unit I already have and that's pretty much all that needs replacing... well see .

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You have to have more than one type of meat cooking devices on your deck!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You have to have more than one type of meat cooking devices on your deck!!!

I don't have any on my deck.  Don't want to start any fires.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Really Del?  No grill?  So you do sous vide everything? 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked those green mountain units up, very nice. So maybe a dumb question,  if you wanna sear anything is it only directly over the burn pot? Or does the heat fan out more than just a small area for searing?

They are great for cooking anything except a nicely seared steak.  They only get up to 500 degrees and the heat is way below the grates so not good for searing.  I even spent $100 on a set of Grill Grates.  They are an aluminum rack that may absorb heat to help sear.  Didn't do the trick for me.  SO that is where the charcoal or gas grill excel.  I will sell the Grill Grates for 1/2 price if anyone is interested!  Or make an offer.  LOL  SO I have a gas grill, my Daniel Boone and my Smokin' It smoker.  I use them all too.  I also have a cheaper kettle grill but don't use it much anymore.
Not sure which way I'll go, looked at a nice unit the other day but only goes to 500 also. I did find replacement grates for the big  charcoal unit I already have and that's pretty much all that needs replacing... well see .
awe come on boober. Put that big boy pants on and spend some of that cash. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Really Del?  No grill?  So you do sous vide everything?

I have a crude patio behind the garage with a weber kettle, a weber smoky mountain, and a 3 burner  camp chef propane stove. 
I just don't want to have them on the deck.   Wood burns. Guy a couple blocks over burnt his deck and part of house because of weber kettle on deck.

Besides this way mama doesn't have to look at them..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my weber gas grill sits on my maintenience free deck!!! :happy1: :happy1: my weber charcoal sits in my garage on a cement floor!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My Weber Performer sits on the pavers on my patio! So there!!!  :tongue: Lamborgers tonite ahead of the stormageddon the weather terrorists hyped all day. Yes it was warm & I worked outside most of the day in it. So what? Made a good excuse to unwind and manufacture some of the finest burgers on the planet in spite of all the methane gas produced. Weber gourmet burger seasoning, Mrs. Gerry's mac salad, some Lays sc&o cheeps, Swiss cheese on the side w/Birdseye mixed veggies. Where's Reb to howl about the green beans when you need him?  :bonk: Mrs. Cheviot wanted me but I told her I think I may have COVID. She may start to catch on soon as this is about the 4th time I've used that one.  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great spread and yes how can you not like green beans???

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Great spread and yes how can you not like green beans???

Reb didn't like them...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
rib eye steaks pork and beans and fried taters for us tonight!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
who bought the steaks???  for some one who likes road kill I mean!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

sounds great!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
who bought the steaks???  for some one who likes road kill I mean!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

sounds great!!!
:mooning: :mooning: :tut: :tut: :tut:boar is the road kill king!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning:

I took them outta da freezer!!!! PUTZ!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

sounds great!!!
:mooning: :mooning: :tut: :tut: :tut:boar is the road kill king!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning:

I took them outta da freezer!!!! PUTZ!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

so who bought them then!!!!???????????????  or were they a gift???  enjoy !!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty:  paid for them...…..when I bought a 1/4 beef!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No photos, didn't happen. Sorta like when Mrs. Cheviot has her way with me!  :rotflmao:

Ruby was guarding the porch to protect her plants from toads as I grilled. A Smithfield pork loin filet & Morgan's mandarin teriyaki chicken breasts tonite. Birsdeye peas, cheeps, Mrs, Gerry's mac salad and it's supper. Mrs. Cheviot was out like a light. Negated another threat successfully.  :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
No evading this away,  momma was crabby so I did my best of distancing in the garage.  The thick ham steaks just needed a quick warm up while the mrs made squished taters and broccoli salad. She rebounded after dinner but good thing it was mow lawnin night!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I love ham.  That looks great.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too. Ham!! Num Num.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup ham is good stuff!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
poor little miss piggy!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothing special, just my favorite chicken quarters. But I did find a great way to make corn on the cob.... Glenn. Seal the corn in a vacuum bag along with butter and sea salt 180 degrees for 35 minutes in the sous vide, and Wow! Cut the bag open and eat. The corn has been bathing in the butter and salt.