Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 901151 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :bonk: :bonk: :confused: why was I singled out. :banghead: :banghead: :cheerleader: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
:bonk: :bonk: :confused: why was I singled out. :banghead: :banghead: :cheerleader: :rotflmao:
Because I know how much you like sous vide.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i gotta go see iffin my mower can make it for one more trip  :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

so you have one or just having to mush fun with Glenn!!???    :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

so you have one or just having to mush fun with Glenn!!???    :rotflmao: :happy1:

Mike, actually I have two sous vide units. Use them a lot. Great for tougher cut of meat, or meat that don’t have a lot of fat like chicken breast, pork. You can make excellent sliced roast beef with cheap roasts like eye of round. Also you can make chuck roasts that are like prime rib.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ok but why do you have 2 of them???  big groups of people...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
naw.....he wants to be like DEL!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :evil: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :nerd: :oops1: :sorry: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
naw.....he wants to be like DEL!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :evil: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :nerd: :oops1: :sorry: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I think we are safe there!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Sometimes you need to cook stuff at two different temps.   Or you are doing a 48 hour cook of an eye of round and want some chicken in the mean time.  Or some glazed carrots...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man I need to use mine more often.  I like to hear your cooking ideas with them.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Ever do the glazed carrots?   They are really good.   I bet they would be even better if you happened to have carrots from the garden.     

1 pound baby carrots or big carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
2 T butter
1 T sugar (or honey is good too)
1/2 t kosher salt (a little less table salt)
some pepper. 

Vacuum seal.   Sous Vide at 183 for an hour or until the carrots get tender.  Depends on how big they are.   

Pour contents into skillet and cook until the liquid thickens and glazes the carrots.   

The unopened bag can go in the refrig for up to a week, or maybe more.   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Once again a two step process even with veggies. You souix vide guys need to start sharing action shots if you wanna sell your ways..

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Once again a two step process even with veggies. You souix vide guys need to start sharing action shots if you wanna sell your ways..

It's all about the final outcome.   You do you and I'll do me.  Not selling anything.   Just sharing a recipe. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

It's all about the final outcome.   You do you and I'll do me.  Not selling anything.   Just sharing a recipe.

oh my on the rag today!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have to try the corn thing and the eye of round beef thing in my sous vide. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

we like to see pics, got any?

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
No pics, didn't bring it north.  Forgot it.  Thought I had left one here and was wrong.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

we like to see pics, got any?
It’s like any other cooking gadget you have, it’s got its place. I have an instant pot, Blackstone grill, smoker, Pit Barrel cooker, grills. Hell, I’ve still got my Ronco Showtime Rotisserie.
This is my favorite so far using the Sous vide. Chuck roast, and the other photo is the round  roast, I can’t remember, I usually do eye, or bottom round. Thick cut for dinner, or thin for sandwiches. But you can see you can cook the whole roast to your taste. I also do chicken breasts for my wife and they come out tender, and juicy. It’s so versatile, you can even make sausage in it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ok NOW YOUR FIBBING!!!!!!!!!

does your wife even cook coopy?????? :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have the Ronco rotisserie too and it works great!  I got some silicone gloves with it and I use them all of the time.  I need to get the Ronco out once it cools down this fall and do a chicken on it. 

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ok NOW YOUR FIBBING!!!!!!!!!

does your wife even cook coopy?????? :rotflmao:
No she can’t cook. However she’s can bake cakes and cookies.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ok ya got me thinking on that water cooker....  might have to research it, tell me more about what you have...

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks coop,  we could use more cooking strategies and pics definitely help , looks awesome! Nuttin fancy this away,  but I'm guessing something in this pic is on Glenn's I don't wanna eat list  :mooning: .  Marinated beef kaboobs with sliced zookini topped with parmesan paired with a chicken salad..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very nice Bobber.  I am so interested in the cooking an eye of round or anything and having it turn out nice and tender thing.  The wife gave me a sous vide for Christmas.  I need to use it more. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
awesome Bobber!!!  I'd be in for sure!!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Is It Safe to Cook Food at Low Temperatures? According to the USDA, any food held in the so-called temperature “danger zone” (between 40°F and 140°F) for more than two hours presents a risk of food-borne illness from the growth of pathogenic bacteria — whether it's cooked sous vide or by conventional means.Mar 31, 2016

this is what scare me on that thing...  as  a retire federal food inspector this was what I went by..............   so I'd like more info I guess..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ditto!  Del eats it all of the time and he is still with us.  Rebs always gave him a hard time about it.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ditto!  Del eats it all of the time and he is still with us.  Rebs always gave him a hard time about it.

and I'm not going there at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks coop,  we could use more cooking strategies and pics definitely help , looks awesome! Nuttin fancy this away,  but I'm guessing something in this pic is on Glenn's I don't wanna eat list  :mooning: .  Marinated beef kaboobs with sliced zookini topped with parmesan paired with a chicken salad..
I eat zookini... In cake. Never had it cooked that way. :scratch:

Boobers, do you marinade your meat?? And what kind of nests you use??? I've had them there good, but from what I remember a pain in the azz to put together.