Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900374 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Also looks to me like no fish. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks coop,  we could use more cooking strategies and pics definitely help , looks awesome! Nuttin fancy this away,  but I'm guessing something in this pic is on Glenn's I don't wanna eat list  :mooning: .  Marinated beef kaboobs with sliced zookini topped with parmesan paired with a chicken salad..
I eat zookini... In cake. Never had it cooked that way. :scratch:

Boobers, do you marinade your meat?? And what kind of nests you use??? I've had them there good, but from what I remember a pain in the azz to put together.

nests??? now where are you going????
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I'm not getting it??

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks coop,  we could use more cooking strategies and pics definitely help , looks awesome! Nuttin fancy this away,  but I'm guessing something in this pic is on Glenn's I don't wanna eat list  :mooning: .  Marinated beef kaboobs with sliced zookini topped with parmesan paired with a chicken salad..
I eat zookini... In cake. Never had it cooked that way. :scratch:

Boobers, do you marinade your meat?? And what kind of nests you use??? I've had them there good, but from what I remember a pain in the azz to put together.
These were pre marinated,  but when I do my own I  use dale seasonings. Once the smoke clears the Tallons come out and I usually get dragged to "a" nest.. :surrender:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Is It Safe to Cook Food at Low Temperatures? According to the USDA, any food held in the so-called temperature “danger zone” (between 40°F and 140°F) for more than two hours presents a risk of food-borne illness from the growth of pathogenic bacteria — whether it's cooked sous vide or by conventional means.Mar 31, 2016

this is what scare me on that thing...  as  a retire federal food inspector this was what I went by..............   so I'd like more info I guess..

You might find this article of interest.   https://www.cooksillustrated.com/articles/1131-is-sous-vide-safe
With enough time, most food pathogens are killed at 130°F/54.5°C, according to the FDA and Baldwin.

I think I might have electronic version of baldwin's book around for the geeks wanting the details.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
With Mrs. Cheviot gone it begs the question, where's the beef? Free from molestation it was T bones from Morgan's along with freebie sweet corn, Mrs. Gerry's mac salad, cherry maters from the patio & death by chocolate for dessert. Actually the zucchini infused chocolate cake was from a friend of ours. Had no idea the z-word was even in there until after she told me today.  :happy1:

And glenn, those collector's steak knives are going for big coin on e-bay right now... :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: July 07/31/20, 11:07:15 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good there buster!! Yea them knives might be to rich for my blood. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man Dotch that is a championship meal if I ever saw one!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure does!! I'd be doing my best impression of Al Bundy on the couch for sure..  :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Burglars,  homemade salsa, beans and tequila berry salad. Gonna hafta keep washing it down to make room for ice cream and peanuts later.  ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Keep up those evasive maneuvers and don't let Mrs. Boober get you cornered. You're doomed otherwise!  :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Since Mrs. Cheviot was still on the loose I decided I'd take advantage before I was taken advantage of!  :shocked: Lamb chops w/Cavenders, Waldorf MN sweet corn, Mrs. Gerry's slaw, some Bush's beans & Hope Creamery butter. And more death by chocolate for dessert.  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that looks good Dotch.  I was already in bed by then.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
With momma outta my hair, it was grilled venison back straps, sweet corn and taters and onions fried in butter and bacon grease.

I don't have them fancy upscale steak knives like Dotch, so wasn't worthy of a picture. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Dotch checks address book... :evil:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Supper last night and man was it good. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Are those cukes with Italian dressing.?? I gotta try that. Me loves Italian dressing.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks darn good too!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Tuscan Italian.  Great stuff!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Me just love cukes. Sure miss having a garden this time of year.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We only have 4 cuke plants, 4 tomato plants, about 20 onions, and lettuce.  Small garden but plenty for 2 of us.  As the cukes outgrow what we can eat I am going to continue making the refrigerator pickles.  We are scarfing them right down. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Basically three hills of cukes, ~ a dozen maters, green beans & zucchini here. Like yer thinking with refrigerator pickles Barry. Probably wind up in the same boat. Wish we had some jalapenos this year. Liked tossing a few of them in with the batch then listening to Mrs. Cheviot howl because they were hot.  :happy1: Still need to get a tiller bought yet so no fall garden at this point.  :sad:

The apple trees are just loaded. Birds are picking at some of them. There are so many that there's no way they'll get 'em all. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great guyz,cant afford steak these dayz so chicken is whats for dinner or in this case game hen's on the spit....as much as I love  GOOD char grilled ribeye at $26.99/lb it ain't happening(prime)

even select ribeyes were $19.99/LB

last week I wanted grilled beef so bad I pulled the trigger on a hefty "chuck-eye",darn good but still a little spendy,far cry on price from last summer when chuck eyes were $5.99/lb.
« Last Edit: August 08/05/20, 12:28:43 PM by snow1 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was in the grocery store in town the other day and always stop at the meat market there.  T-Bones on sale for $7.99lb!!!   I want to buy a loin and have them cut at 1 1/4" but the wife said I have spent too much lately.   :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
go get it LPS!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:   I just grilled some sweetcorn for lunch..  darn good!! 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, what grade of meat? prime,select or choice? makes a big difference in cost ....curious,most choice cut ribeyes (lower quality) end up falling apart so you end up with two pieces of meat,strip and loin.

Wives! gotta be a debbie downer when the old man is on a roll eh?
« Last Edit: August 08/05/20, 01:19:12 PM by snow1 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not really sure!  I will look the next time.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
snow1 come on down to Alex, choice top sirloin $4.99 a pound....  at Eldens...   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The toilet doesn't care on cost!! Go cheap.. Nuttin fancy this away , nekkid spuds and loin chops on there sides. Think momma has a salad and 12 hour corn a brewing...

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
12 hour corn a brewing...

so what is that???  sounds like a Dotch  thing!!!!!!!