Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900123 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
usually 2 or 3 things to the package here...
not mentioning any pub names but these places give out a drink ticket to the number on each side of the winning number.

Izzat the place del gets in bar fights?  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
usually 2 or 3 things to the package here...
At least that at Riley's more like 4 or maybe even 5 cuts up there, I'd say $20-$25  worth, might even be $30/pkg. They'd usually have 5 of 'em, with the GR youth hockey assoc. gettin a share of the proceeds too, I believe. :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they have these at $25.00 now... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, there nights been some beer fees involved. :rotflmao: :scratch:

I'm amazed at how different meat raffles are done in different towns.  Around here, cold spring and Richmond, when you win, you get a value pack with 3 to 4 items. Most other places it's only 1 item.
:scratch: So you can get a 1/4 beef for < $90. :confused: .................24 X probably $3.50 at those high class places glenn goes to :rolleyes: = $86.  ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No bar fights tonite. Just straight atcha beef a la NY strips. Was a little tough on my favorite juniper berry extract while I was at it. Had one of Auntie Mar Mar's bars to go with my ice cream for dessert. Mrs. Cheviot? I'd grilled weenies last nite so I placated her with those, leading to extreme drowsiness on her part. Don't need her pawing me all nite long. I gotta work tomorrow, ya know!  :tongue:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
grilled boneless pork chops on the grill for lunch... oiled them up, course salt and pepper cooked to perfect medium..  nummy!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hey charcoal grillers. Lowe's has charcoal on sale for 16.99 and home Depot had it for 19.99.

Another public service announcement by Glenn. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey charcoal grillers. Lowe's has charcoal on sale for 16.99 and home Depot had it for 19.99.

Izzat the Kingsford 2 x 20 lbers?  :scratch:
« Last Edit: August 08/27/20, 08:22:21 PM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Izzat the Kingsford 2 x 20 lbers?  :scratch:
yessir it is!! :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Grilled rib eye steak, taters fried in butter an onions and creamed peas is on the menu tonight. :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds great Glenn!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds great glenn! I hope someone teaches you how to post pictures someday!  :bonk:

Lamborgers tonite with cukes & maters fresh from the garden along with Mrs. Gerry's slaw and mac salad. Homemade rolls courtesy of a gourmet cook friend in IA. The rolls taste like those at TX Roadhouse w/o the use of honey butter. The dessert also courtesy of the gourmet is some kind of cream cake, tres leche I was told. It's like a sponge cake with sweet cream dripping out of it. Topped with some fruit & Schwan's ice cream it was to die for. That's my strategy tonite: play dead so Mrs. Cheviot will sniff me then grunt and move along.  :happy1:

« Last Edit: August 08/30/20, 10:16:26 PM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW that looks great!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure does!! But Glenn is un teachable   :tongue:  I'll give that maneuver a try tonight, taco's and refried beans should do the trick.  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure does!! But Glenn is un teachable   :tongue:  I'll give that maneuver a try tonight, taco's and refried beans should do the trick.  :happy1:
:tut: :tut: hey I'm teachable, just lacking memory is all. :surrender:

I need someone with my phone in hand to walk me thru it. Hell boar did it once.

We,s having a tombstone pizza. No hanky panky tonight. Gotta get stuff done and head to da north country tomorrow. :happy1:. But if she insists. :sleazy: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND Brother Boar is the one that walked me and some others through the take photo with cell phone, edit it, as in move the border a tich so it doesn't show upside down when posting, email to your PC, find when it asks for attatchments just add it. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :tut: hey I'm teachable, just lacking memory is all. :surrender:

I need someone with my phone in hand to walk me thru it. Hell boar did it once.

:scratch:  Bettin even that won't help unless they have time to show him :confused: how to do it 10-12 times. :bonk: :banghead: :doah:
« Last Edit: August 08/31/20, 06:39:29 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am sure you are right.  For $20 a neighbor kid would come and show him.  That ain't gonna happen.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I am sure you are right.  For $20 a neighbor kid would come and show him.  That ain't gonna happen.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

$20.00  now that's funny!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hell no. I'm gonna be on a fixed income soon. :pouty: gotta save my pennies. :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hell no. I'm gonna be on a fixed income soon. :pouty: gotta save my pennies. :rotflmao:

see I told ya!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Whine it up!!  Been retired on fixed income since 2007.   :thumbs: :angry2:
I'd do it for a 6 pack.   Don't Cold Spring make beer? 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch... Tres Leches is "three milks".   Pretty easy cake to make if you cheat and use a mix for the cake part..   The even sell the caramel dulce la leche in cans at wally world so  you don't have to boil condensed milk for an hour to make it.   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya I know what it stands for & the Mrs. told me what was in it including lots of cream. I leave cake baking/making to church ladies for funerals and gourmets such as our friend.  :Clap:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch... Tres Leches is "three milks".   

And I thought "Tres Leches" was Boaranese for Tree Leeches.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't mind throwing on the apron either,  just not church lady style.  :rotflmao:  Blt's for about the 25th time this summer,  tortellini salad and homemade sweet n spicey pickles.   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had to be careful with this one. Caught up to me once I was done and Mrs. Cheviot thought she had me cornered. Luckily she ate one too many ice cream treats & I was off the hook. Close call. NY strip with bean surprise, Better Boy mater, some sunburst or some such cherry mater & cukes, along with a little Mrs. Gerry's mac salad of course.  :happy1:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Prime rib and horseradish cheese bratwurst, and two halves of a NY.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A conglomeration of this week's efforts. So busy hiding from Mrs. Cheviot that I haven't had time to post them. A couple ribeyes made the other nite. The med. rare one I ate was delish. Have one leftover I'll probably eat tonite. Had breasts last nite so you can about imagine what that did to Mrs. Cheviot. She even made rice to try to entice me. From Morgan's, chicken breasts maple-apple infused with chunks of apple on them. Juicy w/a nice balance of seasoning. Done indirect. Nummy! Need to go to the store and get some cottage cheese for the maters tho. Keep forgetting... :doah: 
« Last Edit: September 09/17/20, 11:43:26 AM by Dotch »