Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900580 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
grilled bacon wrapped pork tenderloin for lunch today!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
A conglomeration of this week's efforts. So busy hiding from Mrs. Cheviot that I haven't had time to post them. A couple ribeyes made the other nite. The med. rare one I ate was delish. Have one leftover I'll probably eat tonite. Had breasts last nite so you can about imagine what that did to Mrs. Cheviot. She even made rice to try to entice me. From Morgan's, chicken breasts maple-apple infused with chunks of apple on them. Juicy w/a nice balance of seasoning. Done indirect. Nummy! Need to go to the store and get some cottage cheese for the maters tho. Keep forgetting... :doah:
:tut: :tut: :confused: yea you outta be slapped good and proper for ruining good tomatoes!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mikey:  :happy1:

Hope you have cottage cheese with chives to go with it... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :crazy: :angry2: :confused: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz: training-087 training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure what momma was thinking but she wanted burglars with sautéed onions and a big o thing of kapn kens beans. Pretty sure I won't need to stretch after this meal!! :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This was the other night.  The wife already took her cut off the steak.  LOL  She doesn't take much and that works out good for both of us.  With green beans and sauteed onions and mushrooms.  My fave. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The other night huh? I can see why you been hiding from the mrs.!!  :happy1: That looks fabulous lps!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Was just too nice not to grill last nite. Those days keep getting fewer so best take advantage of it when I can. Sorta like Mrs. Cheviot does if she thinks I'm in a compromising position. Center cuts with smokehouse maple seasoning and curry powder. Add some maters, cukes, Mrs. Gerry's mac salad & we're golden.  And of course I religiously follow my anti-malaria, scurvy and COVID protocol. Can't argue with success.  :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a great looking spread Dotch. I could only get one action pic tonight of dinner fir two, she had shrooms and a side salad going on inside but I still kept guard with the tongs and tightly tied sneakers incase I had to quickly defend myself!! :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
the best meal eva!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
flenn is whinning again...
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
pellet grill turkey!! amazine!!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn bud that looks good !!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup that looks darn good!!!   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Did someone run over that too? Glenn told me to ask... :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

what did ya use for injection???  got one I'm going to do with some butter creole..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Did someone run over that too? Glenn told me to ask... :rotflmao:
probably. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
funny bastarss!! lmao! mikey creole butter is the best! its what do my pork shoulder with. i didnt inject anything. just sprinkled some special crap on it and let her buck!!
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Was just too nice not to grill last nite. Those days keep getting fewer so best take advantage of it when I can. Sorta like Mrs. Cheviot does if she thinks I'm in a compromising position. Center cuts with smokehouse maple seasoning and curry powder. Add some maters, cukes, Mrs. Gerry's mac salad & we're golden.  And of course I religiously follow my anti-malaria, scurvy and COVID protocol. Can't argue with success.  :happy1:

So dotch,what is the camp chef swillin? gin /tonic? looks darn tasty as well as you're viddels.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

what did ya use for injection???  got one I'm going to do with some butter creole..

that's good choice mike can't go wrong with creole butter or garlic butter is good as well,I did a turkey injected with apple juice that turn out fantastic,nice mild sweet flavor,best to inject from the inside of the carcuss otherwise your injector sauce ozzes out injector holes on the skin as turkey cooks,hickory smoke on the weber kettle grill,I have a pellet grill which I seldom use,get more flavor outof the weber,MPO on pellet grills is they're over rated,I  gave my bradley smoker away when I bought the pellet grill,big mistake,kicking myself ,bradley was the best for jerly and smoked fish,my pellet gets to hot,very little smoke flavor even with the hood cracked open,so last week I bought the "amaze" smoke tube for added smoke,got a couple lake trout fillets to smoke this weekend,hope it works out.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

So dotch,what is the camp chef swillin? gin /tonic? looks darn tasty as well as you're viddels.

Thanks! Yup, think that nite was Beefeater with Jack Rudy's tonic syrup.  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow, unlike most farmers down that way that gets there fuel delivered by truck and put in big barrels, Dotch had his gin delivered by the semi truck load. :sad: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday's lunch in the porch.  Probably wouldn't matter what was served, the view speaks for its self.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Too nice not to grill last nite, again. Probably won't be the case in a few months. I'd stopped at the meat market to get a handle on what one of my customers was up to combining around the owner's place. Luckily Mrs. Cheviot decided to eat some leftovers and was conked out by the time I was getting the fire rolling. Timing is everything when it comes to evasive maneuvers. Still lots of maters yet altho the cukes are waning. They only keep about so long in the fridge before they become sheep food.

« Last Edit: October 10/09/20, 10:06:52 AM by Dotch »