Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900950 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Awe gawd, that, that stuff is touching the tomatoes. :surrender: :surrender: :doah: :rotflmao:

And there's that precious knife!!! :rotflmao:

And wadda mean in a couple months ya can't grill?? :confused: I cut off grilling on individual days when the temp gets to about 10 below. :mooning:

Nice looking spread though bud  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
If'n ya knew what was good fer ya, you'd eat that stuff, ya putz!  :tongue:

I still grill when it gets cold, especially if I don't hafta dig through a lot of snow to get the job done. It just takes more motivation when ya come back into a warm house after chores.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup the snow can make grilling/smoking harder to do.  I am hoping the EGO blower I bought will help to keep the deck clear of snow and hoping making grilling easier this winter. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
If'n ya knew what was good fer ya, you'd eat that stuff, ya putz!  :tongue:

I still grill when it gets cold, especially if I don't hafta dig through a lot of snow to get the job done. It just takes more motivation when ya come back into a warm house after chores.  :happy1:
wimp!!🤗 :evil: :rotflmao: my grill is on the deck. Gets cleaned off after each snow which is right out the patio door.  Charcoal grill is in the garage I ain't afraid of no cold weather.
 :evil:  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
gas charcoal or smoker, all winter until below zero...  then maybe :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too. I will grill all winter long. Ours is just outside the door.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too. I will grill all winter long. Ours is just outside the door.
same her.....out the patio door on the deck!!!!!!!!!!

putting a 13 lb turkey on the charcoal grill for chow tonight. plenty of leftovers and enough the make soup and chow mein. :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: well that's not Dotch cooking. There's no boodles in the picture and that pioneer knife probably wasn't invented yet. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 Woulda been bacon cheese burglars but the pooches and I took care of the cheese. Think I'll text the the SIL to give momma a call so I can relax, that'll burn up some time.. :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks great! 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looked at that pic again this a.m. and my mouth was watering! I bet boober had all he could do to thwart Mrs. Boober's advances. Prolly still handcuffed to the bed.  :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I marinated a boneless pork loin in some raspberry chipolte sauce for 2 days, now it's on the grill...  have a foil pouch of taters, onions and bacon going on the grill too..  seasoned those with just course salt and pepper..  should have maybe added mushrooms to them too...  next time...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike what is going on?  You have become a culinary genius.  I should get something lined up to smoke/grill.  OK you inspired me.  I am going the easy route though.  I am going to thaw out a ribeye for tonight.  I have them in individual vac packs.  I throw them into warm water in the sink to thaw them.  Takes 15 minutes.  I like it much better than microwaving them.  I will rub it with spices then olive oil and let it sit at room temp for an hour or two before I grill it.  The side will be something the wife thinks up. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dat sounds very good too Barry!!!    :happy1: :happy1:  most likely steak in my near future too!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :pouty: man you guys eat like kings. Leftovers again this way. :confused: :pouty: :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
pork steaks on the grill tonight!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

mmmm pork steak with a side of apple sauce for dipping,love it.  I have a enclosed 3 season porch on my old farm house,the pellet grill gets rolled out on the back stair stoop in all temps,I run a ceramic heater when she gets cold when we want bbq/smoked somthin's,didn't make it to the north shore this fall for the salmon runs but I see my grocery store has salmon on sale ,so we'll give store bought a whirl,smoked steelhead is the best.
« Last Edit: November 11/03/20, 07:50:05 AM by snow1 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

mmmm pork steak with a side of apple sauce for dipping,love it.  I have a enclosed 3 season porch on my old farm house,the pellet grill gets rolled out on the back stair stoop in all temps,I run a ceramic heater when she gets cold and we want bbq/smoked somthin's,didn't make it to the north shore this fall for the salmon runs but I see my grocery store has salmon on sale ,so we'll give store bought a whirl,smoked steelhead is the best.
:tut: :tut: no apple sauce  :tut: my world famous homemade horseradish!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

mmmm pork steak with a side of apple sauce for dipping,love it.  I have a enclosed 3 season porch on my old farm house,the pellet grill gets rolled out on the back stair stoop in all temps,I run a ceramic heater when she gets cold and we want bbq/smoked somthin's,didn't make it to the north shore this fall for the salmon runs but I see my grocery store has salmon on sale ,so we'll give store bought a whirl,smoked steelhead is the best.
:tut: :tut: no apple sauce  :tut: my world famous homemade horseradish!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

yeah but I have a mustach,word is your sauce will make the hair on your face fall off,good for paint removel as well...ya know how word travels here...lol

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :whistling: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: its good stuff maynard.  :happy1: i to have a mustache!!!!! i keep telling my grandkids itputs hair on there chest.....oh the looks i get!!!!!! :pouty:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mustache is a flavor saver!!!  or some kind of broom!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mustache is a flavor saver!!!  or some kind of broom!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
oh and the girls.........awe never mind ..................... :pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh and the girls.........awe never mind ..................... :pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut:

never mind what???    :scratch:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey but cold weather I can do w/o the drainage,but to stubborn to shave it off,I tell the young guyz when they ask how long have I had a stach,tell em "I came in to this world with it and a big teet in my mouth,hopefully going out the same way"...they just laugh.
« Last Edit: November 11/02/20, 12:22:49 PM by snow1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had my mustache since I got out of the service in 1975, watched change colors to over the years!!!!   and it wasn't getting darker either.. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL mike,I'm blonde so when my white stach changed to gray no one noticed.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mine went from brown to gray/white...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: