Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900546 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We did pork chops on the grill with a side of hash browns and asparagus..... easy peasy...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Grabbed some fresh burger from the meat market & fired up the Weber tonite at Ruby's behest. She hasn't licked many plates lately. She also advised me to dump Crown in Mrs. Cheviot's Coke to slow her reflexes.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup Ruby looks content!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Better use the Weber before the Green Raw Deal is implemented. 🦋 chops w/Cavenders. No fake meat here. Mrs. Cheviot can attest to that! :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that potato salad on tomatoes?  Great idea!  Ruby looks great too!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Absotively. Slice of raw onion too. Running on fumes in the mater dept. They are still dayim good tho!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/04/20, 09:05:02 PM by Dotch »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good grief you guyz,this thread has my mouth watering,guess its bbq friday night,chops are on the menu.ngrilled rosemary red potatoes....
« Last Edit: November 11/06/20, 10:45:25 AM by snow1 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang, both those plates look Devine Dotch!! Gonna go light the charcoal soon, more bacon burglars n fries. I bet if I grab the recliner the snoring technique should work wonders after dinner!!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/06/20, 04:29:34 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sleep with one eye open my friend... :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Sleep with one eye open my friend... :rotflmao:

have 2nd that!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Its movie night this away so there might be a chance of escaping.  Pork medalians,  bacon wrapped spuds with Cap'n kens beans and asparagus.  I'll dish up some ice cream and peanuts for good measure later.  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That looks mighty good boober! I hope you got there soon enough with the ice cream & peanuts or it was one more notch in the lipstick case... :doah:

Went the economy route here tonite. Beef & cheddar weenies from Morgans along with Mrs. Gerry's potato salad & coleslaw. And yes, that's curry powder on the slaw. Actually when eaten with the maters was a rather tasty plus. Maters are still hangin' in there but they won't make Thanksgiving.  :sad: Not sure I will either the way Mrs. Cheviot keeps trying to grope me.  :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
both meals looks and sound great!!  grilled wieners here last night too!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Luckily my creating leftovers paid off once again. Knocked Mrs. Cheviot out so I could enjoy my medium rare strip in peace.  :happy1: A little breezy but we guessed the wind, amount of coals, time, etc., about right. A little Zeppelin & it's bedtime for Bonzo.  ;) Zzzzzzzz... 
« Last Edit: November 11/08/20, 10:24:39 PM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks great Dotch!!!  your maters will be real soon the way yer eating them up!!!   :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the maters are done unless I can scare a couple up yet out of the bottom of the pail. Wrapped some Hormel bacon around a filet from Morgan's (he made me a deal on some that were getting oxidized), Birdseye peas w/Hope Creamery butter, Mrs. Gerry's potato salad & of course the magic elixir. Mrs. Cheviot was especially amorous tonite upon word that I am moving back to North Dakota! I deftly avoided her advances with my fancy footwork. Learned it on The Lawrence Welk Show, the native son of Strasburg.  :happy1:

Better enjoy it while we can. The rate glenn's buddy gov. Killjoy is going + the Green Raw Deal, it'll be vegan wiener water soup & ramen noodles before ya know it for Thanksgiving!  :tongue: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Did you share that with gov killjoy!!!!;! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Oh it's on Twitter. He can see it but likely chooses not to.  :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I mean in person like he sat across the table from you. :rotflmao:

I bet you even have an extra pioneer knife for him. :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/18/20, 08:48:11 PM by glenn57 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Those are balanced for throwing ya know... :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good lord Dotch,  thats some fine looking grub! Good for you its warm out yet so a quick escape without hunting for footwear will help.. :bow:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Another nite when it was still too nice out not to grill. Burger from Morgan's, a little rice pilaf I found in the freezer & what'll likely be the next to last meal w/garden maters. Bummed that I had no cottage cheese however!  :doah: As you said boober, with no snow or ice it was a fast track. I returned from my escape route w/my chastity intact.  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Another nite when it was still too nice out not to grill. Burger from Morgan's, a little rice pilaf I found in the freezer & what'll likely be the next to last meal w/garden maters. Bummed that I had no cottage cheese however!  :doah: As you said boober, with no snow or ice it was a fast track. I returned from my escape route w/my chastity intact.  :happy1:
:rotflmao: apparently your wife doesnt see you post in the man i gotta go fishing thread!!!!! :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought I'd try some smoked cheesy meatballs. Was going to be finger food but had everything for subs.. if you don't hear from me tomorrow send the dogs!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
holy moly that is so good lookin!!  are you using high temp cheese or just regular cheese?? 

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Man those look delicious!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I see boober survived but after a spread like that, bet Mrs. Boober wore him down to a nub!  :doah:

Very traditional Thanksgiving fare at the ranch, including turkey on the Weber, dinner rolls from Auntie Mar Mar and pumpkin pie. The plate pictured is actually leftovers for the evening meal.  :azn:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Great work Dotch and well played on an additional plate the next day for extra measures to slow the little lady down!!  :happy1: My mrs. Sure opened a can of work in the cave, paint slinging and the works. I put a 6 lb brisket flat this morning on the smoker and didn't much look at it til it was at 183°, foiled then yanked it at 203°. Wanted to shred it but the whipper snapper said slice it, man I should listen to her more often,  really tender at that temp.  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks great!!!    :happy1: :happy1: