Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900212 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Then I suppose you watched some of glenn's filthy  :censored: flicks for dessert... :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
naw I didn't want to hurt my eye's!!!   :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Then I suppose you watched some of glenn's filthy  :censored: flicks for dessert... :doah:
:banghead: :banghead: training-087 MY filth.............. :tut: :tut: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna start ours at 5 this evening shooting for tomorrow at that time.  Hot roast beefs it is!

Daughter, wife, granddaughters gobbled up "beef two ways"   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
After a major bomb session today,'twas time to fire up the Weber and grill some lamburger. Enough of the -26 degree BS. Cavenders on the burgers, some onion rings from the air fryer, Birdseye mixed veggies, some Vlassic gherkins, & Bongards crushed red pepper cheese curds. They burn going in and coming out!  :happy1: Mrs. Cheviot had a long day and loading her up with a big meal kept her at bay once again.  :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: there's that one of a kind knife!!👍👍🤣🤣

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just for you buddy... :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have never had a lamb burger. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can you tell it is not beef Dotch?

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

The breed I'm raising right now and the way we feed them, it's pretty hard to tell the burger from beef. This is a mild flavored lamb however and some other breeds, not so much. That's part of the problem the sheep industry has: a consistent product. Some of that is OK. Some of the ethnic market and older folks prefer a stronger, more tallowy flavored lamb which is fine but to me it's a turn-off, as it is many times for people who've never eaten lamb before. We're raising breeding stock so we're not as concerned with how fast we can get them to market weight as we are with growing them out to be structurally correct with good hair coats. While they still have a nice fat cover, it isn't as excessive as many who feed straight corn and soybean meal with very little hay. Other lamb I shy away from is that from club lambs. Many times they've been fed hormones and liquid diets. Ick and the lamb tastes like it. They're sheep not athletes. The burger from our lambs is exceptional and I can say that because I've been eating lamb all my life. Others have said the same thing in fact, we had one customer grind an entire lamb into burger. Down to our last 2 packages of burger so will have to get by on chops and legs until we can get one into the locker again. Oh darn... :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

The breed I'm raising right now and the way we feed them, it's pretty hard to tell the burger from beef. This is a mild flavored lamb however and some other breeds, not so much. That's part of the problem the sheep industry has: a consistent product. Some of that is OK. Some of the ethnic market and older folks prefer a stronger, more tallowy flavored lamb which is fine but to me it's a turn-off, as it is many times for people who've never eaten lamb before. We're raising breeding stock so we're not as concerned with how fast we can get them to market weight as we are with growing them out to be structurally correct with good hair coats. While they still have a nice fat cover, it isn't as excessive as many who feed straight corn and soybean meal with very little hay. Other lamb I shy away from is that from club lambs. Many times they've been fed hormones and liquid diets. Ick and the lamb tastes like it. They're sheep not athletes. The burger from our lambs is exceptional and I can say that because I've been eating lamb all my life. Others have said the same thing in fact, we had one customer grind an entire lamb into burger. Down to our last 2 packages of burger so will have to get by on chops and legs until we can get one into the locker again. Oh darn... :rolleyes:
yep.just as i said before a sheep pimp!!!!!!!! seks....breed...... secs....... oh  :confused: :pouty: the wonder of it all!!!!!! :doah: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have some Shadow poop to carry around?  :tongue:  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: nope, this mornings snow took care of that. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh no it didn't it just covered it up like you do!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh no it didn't it just covered it up like you do!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
meh in 3-4 days it'll still be there. :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
If I start now, I should be there in about 10 hours with the tractor and blower. Fling them Shadow terds right up on yer roof!  :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang is it nice out, this close to pulling out the patio furniture.  Chuck eyes n taters tonight,  think I'm gonna cut the taters open a little add butter and re wrapped with bacon, first I gotta grab a beer!!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/05/21, 04:36:57 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hope you ate yer Wheaties this a.m. Betting after a long winter's grilling layoff Mrs. boober will have her hooks out!  :shocked:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Made a trip yesterday to Morgan's to pick up egg roll brats & dinner franks. Was wily enough to figure if I made a large batch of food I'd get a free pass after Mrs. Cheviot checked out. Was right. She never laid a finger on me! Also trying to work the air fryer into the mix along with some Mrs. Gerry's slaw. And of course my COVID/malaria preventative treatment. As Bob Dole used to say, "America wins!"  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks darn good Dotch!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Made a trip yesterday to Morgan's to pick up egg roll brats & dinner franks. Was wily enough to figure if I made a large batch of food I'd get a free pass after Mrs. Cheviot checked out. Was right. She never laid a finger on me! Also trying to work the air fryer into the mix along with some Mrs. Gerry's slaw. And of course my COVID/malaria preventative treatment. As Bob Dole used to say, "America wins!"  :happy1:

:happy1: :happy1: no need for the pioneer knife there!!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

just took out some ribeyes to hit the grill tonight!!!!!!! :happy1: loves me some slab of cow!!!!!!!!!!1

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just happened to see this recipe and thought you may all drool over it. I am looking for some nice big sweet onions now.    https://youtu.be/P6nQKj7Kh4A   There it is.  LOL 
« Last Edit: March 03/09/21, 04:03:24 PM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, what Mike said!  :scratch:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ok interesting for sure...  I like onions so...............  thanks!!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just happened to see this recipe and thought you may all drool over it. I am looking for some nice big sweet onions now.    https://youtu.be/P6nQKj7Kh4A   There it is.  LOL
Yea you shouldn't need stool softener for a month after that!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dats just you!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Big storm comin'! Gotta make leftovers! Lamb chops & chicken breasts. A little tricky to get them both done at the same time but it can be done. Smoked up with hackberry wood although there was probably a stick or two of apple wood in there too. Turned out more smoked than broiled & that's OK. Now we'll survive nature's onslaught the next couple days as we shovel out. Speaking of that Mrs. Cheviot didn't muster enough energy to chase me around the house more than a couple times before she called it quits. Too full she said.  :surrender: