Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900416 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have 5 chicken thighs on the pellet grill.  I call it Chuck's Chicken.  Chuck is my brother and he is a great cook.  I read recently that to get crispy chicken skin it must be dry.  Pat it dry with paper towels.  Then coat it with butter or olive oil after it has sat for awhile.  I put butter on it and some Dave's Rib Rub.  Lightly so the wife will still like it.  ????   We shall see.  SO it is wait till the grill is at 400 and then 40 - 50 minutes and it is great!  I will try to get pics.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We'll send glenn up to help on the pictures! :evil:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope he hauled ass and is almost here.   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just had a rueben for lunch, darn good!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got some Famous Daves Rib Rub cuz I saw it in the store the other day.  I rubbed a rack of baby backs last night and will smoke them today.  Looking forward to them.  Been awhile. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Having grilled chicky tonight over charcoal. :hubba: :hubba: sides are yet to be determined  :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
smoked pork tenderloin today!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I got some Famous Daves Rib Rub cuz I saw it in the store the other day.  I rubbed a rack of baby backs last night and will smoke them today.  Looking forward to them.  Been awhile. 
Had some ribs this week ourselves. Just some Menards has on sale that'd been in the freezer for a while though.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 Minor rain delay but we gotter done. Beef and chicken kaboobs with taters wrapped in bacon. Told momma if she doesn't wanna be  chased she best get some bread sticks going, sure is nice when a good plan comes together.. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Boober, you make them up yourself??  We did it once, what a pain in the butt.

Lady summer my wife got some from cashwise already made up pretty darn good.  Thinking they were maybe just 1 type of meat though. :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm betting they made them, we used and darn they are good!!!  might have to make some again!!! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Boober, you make them up yourself??  We did it once, what a pain in the butt.

Lady summer my wife got some from cashwise already made up pretty darn good.  Thinking they were maybe just 1 type of meat though. :scratch:
store bought, the chicken ones I tore apart and marinated but tge beef were pre seasoned . Usually do our own but ya gotta take what the course gives ya... :bow:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
don't see any thing like that in the store here..............

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We like them too but don't do them enough.  I read this so now we put all of the meat chunks on separate skewers and the veggies on their own too.  That way we can cook them each until they are done.  Sometimes the meat needs more time.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so for those that do up there own....marinading the meat is pretty much always done, what do you guys use to marinade it??

the cashwise ones where all beef, chicken or whatever. not different types of meat. i kinda like differnet meats on them, but there a pain to make!!!!! :pouty:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have used Italian dressing or even a combo of dressings on them. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.dalesseasoning.com/
Every spring ma and pa bring back a few bottles from the south, its a soy base so it's pretty strong. Sounds like you can get it out that way also. I did the chicken in it, but have used it with steak or mix some in burger for burglars. The chicken was in it for maybe a half hour.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Kirkland brats are going for a slight swim, definitely not using my good beer, stole a couple from the whipper snapper! :happy1: 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Your drinking that mickey and used Busch for the brats?? :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Your drinking that mickey and used Busch for the brats?? :scratch:
  :tut: :tut: :tut:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Borgers from Morgan's & it may be one of the last times. Morgan's has tentatively been sold. I know the new owners tho and am confident they'll do a good job. It's in their genes. Morgan's has had some of the best fresh burger in the country & didn't disappoint. Tried out a different onion ring, cheaper and actually better than any we've tried so far in the air fryer. Mrs. Gerry's slaw, Birdseye peas and there you have it. Luckily Mrs. Cheviot gorged herself on onion rings or she might've taken a whirl at me. Was busy doing gin & ice cube number (seriously) research anyway. Wouldn't have mattered.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got these chops late last week but has to put a hold on them until yesterday. Marinated in Four Daughters Marquette wine that'd been taking up space in the fridge for many moons + garlic salt & curry powder. Seasoned w/smokehouse maple along w/some olive oil spray. Seared a couple minutes per side then cooked indirect & smoked w/pear wood. Poured the marinade in the drip pan while I was at it. Awesome flavored super moist pork chops, baked taters & sweet corn. Mrs. Cheviot made a pass at me but was able to thwart her advances before she drifted off to sleep. I'm saving myself for when I know the moment is right.  :angel:   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma wanted to try some steaks from a market instead of Costco or cub tonight. I knew I should have looked around while I was in St. Paul today but figured the local VH  will have to do. Good lord, 20 $ a # for ribeyes , I figured I'll get chased one way or another,  if I turn em to cardboard it'll be with a bat.... :doah:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wild rice brats for lunch fresh off the grill!!!  tasty!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good lord Mike,  your always makin me hungry!!  :happy1: do I dare look at the fryer thread??

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good lord Mike,  your always makin me hungry!!  :happy1: do I dare look at the fryer thread??
sure, it's just Dotch screwing up his food in there anyway. :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
sure, it's just Dotch screwing up his food in there anyway. :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
oh boy...            :popcorn: