Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 450578 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2910
  • Likes Given: 2810
just grilled up a package of venison back strap that was given to me..  perfect medium!!!  and oh so good!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  • Liked: 4358
  • Likes Given: 4464
I smoke almost everything at about 225 - 250.  That takes ribs 4 - 5 hours to get tender and done.

Ya but think how many more G&T's a guy could consume set at 160!  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: there is always a method to your madness!! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  • Liked: 4358
  • Likes Given: 4464
just grilled up a package of venison back strap that was given to me..  perfect medium!!!  and oh so good!!!
and complmented it with generous portions of KATCHUP, right,!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and complmented it with generous portions of KATCHUP, right,!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

only salt and pepper!!!   could have put butter on it but didn't need too!!!   nice try buddy!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline fishwidow

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 105
  • Likes Given: 30
You’re right about amazing ribs.com, Steve-o. Another good one for a rib recipe is Carwash Mike. He’s passed away, but has a good basic set of instructions for ribs.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to place 4 chicken hind quarters, 4 burgers and a  couple brats on the pellet smoker here in a bit!!... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 3804
  • Likes Given: 8456
We are going to cook some country style boneless ribs tomorrow.  Sear them over the fire first and then simmer for hours in the Dutch oven over the fire. 

Offline Cooperman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 376
  • Likes Given: 279
LPS, did something similar with pork steaks. Marinated over night, seared on the grill on each side, into a covered pan with a cup of sauce, and a cup of beer, brazed for 90 minutes on the grill at 275*. So tender and flavorful.
Tomorrow I have 10 lbs of pork bellies going into the smoker for bacon.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 4395
  • Likes Given: 3225
Great minds think alike Coop!  :happy1: Checked out the new ownership at Morgan's, now known as Neighbor's. Pretty much the same altho the bakery goods such as brat & burger buns are gone. Selling off the Morgan's inventory so I picked up some of their weenies & pork steaks. Mrs. Cheviot is doing the Mother's Day onslaught at the flower shop so I wanted something substantial since she wasn't home. Also wanted to play more with the air fryer. Pork steaks were seared a couple minutes per side then cooked indirect ~10 minutes/side w/apple wood in the smoker boxes. Hash browns were better but think we'll try going the fresh route rather than frozen. Even after tweaking with it, can't seem to make this air fryer behave without drying them out. Mrs. Gerry's slaw was excellent as usual.   :huh:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Cooperman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 376
  • Likes Given: 279
Last nights supper, chuck steaks!

Video