Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900584 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just grilled up a package of venison back strap that was given to me..  perfect medium!!!  and oh so good!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I smoke almost everything at about 225 - 250.  That takes ribs 4 - 5 hours to get tender and done.

Ya but think how many more G&T's a guy could consume set at 160!  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: there is always a method to your madness!! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just grilled up a package of venison back strap that was given to me..  perfect medium!!!  and oh so good!!!
and complmented it with generous portions of KATCHUP, right,!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and complmented it with generous portions of KATCHUP, right,!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

only salt and pepper!!!   could have put butter on it but didn't need too!!!   nice try buddy!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
You’re right about amazing ribs.com, Steve-o. Another good one for a rib recipe is Carwash Mike. He’s passed away, but has a good basic set of instructions for ribs.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to place 4 chicken hind quarters, 4 burgers and a  couple brats on the pellet smoker here in a bit!!... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are going to cook some country style boneless ribs tomorrow.  Sear them over the fire first and then simmer for hours in the Dutch oven over the fire. 

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, did something similar with pork steaks. Marinated over night, seared on the grill on each side, into a covered pan with a cup of sauce, and a cup of beer, brazed for 90 minutes on the grill at 275*. So tender and flavorful.
Tomorrow I have 10 lbs of pork bellies going into the smoker for bacon.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Great minds think alike Coop!  :happy1: Checked out the new ownership at Morgan's, now known as Neighbor's. Pretty much the same altho the bakery goods such as brat & burger buns are gone. Selling off the Morgan's inventory so I picked up some of their weenies & pork steaks. Mrs. Cheviot is doing the Mother's Day onslaught at the flower shop so I wanted something substantial since she wasn't home. Also wanted to play more with the air fryer. Pork steaks were seared a couple minutes per side then cooked indirect ~10 minutes/side w/apple wood in the smoker boxes. Hash browns were better but think we'll try going the fresh route rather than frozen. Even after tweaking with it, can't seem to make this air fryer behave without drying them out. Mrs. Gerry's slaw was excellent as usual.   :huh:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Last nights supper, chuck steaks!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Both meals look fabulous fellas!! I forgot pics but we did pork medalians from Costco in the cast iron with spuds last night. Taking an easier approach with beer brats on the tailgater tonight.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
My Mother’s Day dinner for the Mrs. Had a house full on Sunday so we celebrated last night.
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good lookin meal Mark!!  I'll bet she was happy!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If I could do a double like you would get one with that grill full Mark

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well it was a combo cook oven, stove and grill.

Ribs hash browns and asparagus. Ribs in the oven, hash browns stovetop. Asparagus on the grill, momma don't like asparagus so they where all mine. :sleazy: we cheated on the ribs. :nerd: the local grocery store does a rib special 3-4 times a year. 2 full racks fer 20 bucks. :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That looks purty fantastic there little buddy!  :happy1: It'd look even better with some cottage cheese & sweet pickles... :evil:

Went to Neighbor's meat market yesterday to break bread with the new owners. Checked on their slaughter schedule & made some purchases. Got some weenies, jackrabbit brats & a couple t-bones. Grilled the t-bones last nite so have one leftover to nosh on. The one last nite was awesome & Ruby enjoyed the fat. Mrs. Cheviot had already eaten & crashed while I was grilling. More for me & I didn't have to protect my chastity!  :happy1: (note the coveted steak knife)  :hubba:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: looks good Dotch. And I was getting a bit concerned about that special knife!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a pioneer knife similar to that one..  mine says sweet corn on the handle and I would call it a pairing knife.. still has the paper blade guard on it... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Burglars and asparagus grilled. A few with swiss cheese. This was complemented with orida seasoned fries and fried onions. :happy1: and YES plenty of KATCHUP was harmed!! :happy1:

I took the ground beef, added onion, an egg, oatmeal and seasoning I added was salt, pepper, cajon seasoning and montereal steak seasoning

Now before you think I'm off my rocker with the oatmeal and egg, I grew up with that way back to my grandparents, it was meant to stretch the meat, and I really like it besides. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
our family did that too and some times I do it too..  looks good !!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Forgot to mention, I mixed the burger up about 3 hours earlier so all the seasoning melded!! :happy1: I think it makes a big difference.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Worked pretty hard the last two days so smoking baby backs and watching the Twins.  Great day so far!  So I am doing something.  Actually multi-tasking technically!   

« Last Edit: May 05/23/21, 01:34:14 PM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Bout ready to eat, some cute little chuck eyes n naked taters paired with Cap'n kens beans. Shouldn't be any eluding tonight with ol Cap'n Ken in the house!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And with Capt. Ken's, there's no need to call an exterminator! America wins!  :happy1:

Lamb chops grilled w/cherry wood charcoal tonite while tormenting the orioles and catbird. Hadn't done any lamb chops for a while so after this afternoon's downpour (2.24") it was time. Cavenders works so well on lamb, some Birdseye sweet corn, Dole sunflower salad, cottage cheese & sweet gherkins. Mrs. Cheviot is off feed so more for me!  Getting tougher for me to keep my girlish figure when she keeps pulling this stuff however. One of these times she'll have her way with me... :huh:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
grilled a nice little t-bone for lunch, very good indeed!!!   ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: no pictures just a fantasy. :doofus:  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  Glenns din din. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sure did taste good!!! 

yours looks good too!!  that is a good sized sheep head too!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sure did taste good!!! 

yours looks good too!!  that is a good sized sheep head too!!!
:mooning: :mooning: :pouty: :tut: :rotflmao: