Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900498 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  That does look good Glenn. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

and he didn't say it wasn't a sheep head either!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

and he didn't say it wasn't a sheep head either!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
training-087 :banghead: training-087 :angry2: :confused: no iowegian walleye up here. :pouty: was a legal pike. :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had a sirloin, some asparagus, Mrs. Gerry's mac salad & bread & butter pickles. Sirloin was a partial. The gal started to pick a Fred Flintstone-sized one out of the case & I said, no the smaller one! Kinda came in two while grilling but it was tasty. A customer & friend gave me a bunch of asparagus. His patch went nuts and now his wife is on warfarin, she can't eat it anymore. Super nice asparagus, picked, washed and delivered. Very kind of him. Customers like that get extra service.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a sirloin, some asparagus, Mrs. Gerry's mac salad & bread & butter pickles. Sirloin was a partial. The gal started to pick a Fred Flintstone-sized one out of the case & I said, no the smaller one! Kinda came in two while grilling but it was tasty. A customer & friend gave me a bunch of asparagus. His patch went nuts and now his wife is on warfarin, she can't eat it anymore. Super nice asparagus, picked, washed and delivered. Very kind of him. Customers like that get extra service.  :happy1:
:pouty: :pouty: :doah: where's  the knife!!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao:

so dotch how did you prepare/cook the asparagus????? i dont care for it boiled but eat the crap out of it grilled in tin foil or raw!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Knife was hidden for safe keeping. Roving bands of knife thieves have been reported in the area.  :shocked:

Actually made the asparagus in the microwave in a covered glass dish. Partially cook it, stir then finish it. Sizing the pieces makes a difference too. Thinner pieces longer, thicker pieces shorter. It comes out evenly done, not overcooked, very similar to what my Mom made lightly boiled on top of the stove. Slather with butter & a little pepper. Best of all, it's quick, freeing up time to make another cocktail between turning whatever's on the grill.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Knife was hidden for safe keeping. Roving bands of knife thieves have been reported in the area.  :shocked:

Actually made the asparagus in the microwave in a covered glass dish. Partially cook it, stir then finish it. Sizing the pieces makes a difference too. Thinner pieces longer, thicker pieces shorter. It comes out evenly done, not overcooked, very similar to what my Mom made lightly boiled on top of the stove. Slather with butter & a little pepper. Best of all, it's quick, freeing up time to make another cocktail between turning whatever's on the grill.  :happy1:
i might have to try that!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just grilled some 4 cheese brats for lunch along with the tater salad I made!!!   good eats!!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna do hot dogs in a few minutes for us. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just grilled some 4 cheese brats for lunch along with the tater salad I made!!!   good eats!!!!
based on the Generals advice, momma picked up some Kirkland brats. Along with a rotisserie chicken and 75 bucks worth of other stuff. Brats better be good or I'll haunt G for life. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
So now us other Costco shoppers are chopped liver??  :rotflmao: been showing picks of them for a long time,  you gonna do em in beer first? Good stuff..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So now us other Costco shoppers are chopped liver??  :rotflmao: been showing picks of them for a long time,  you gonna do em in beer first? Good stuff..
well iffin I don't like them I'll haunt you too  :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: I'm a pretty fussy brat eater. :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya we've all seen your do not eat list..lol  :moon:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:                :scratch: :doah:                         ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/30/21, 06:52:05 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We await your response to them Glenn.   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao:it should be in the next few days. :happy1:

Boober  how long in the beer bath???

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

I just do a soak on low, don't want to cook em to much but when they turn gray I pull em out.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I just do a soak on low, don't want to cook em to much but when they turn gray I pull em out.
:happy1: thats right you cook them in a pan........mine it the grill grates direct!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

:happy1: thats right you cook them in a pan........mine it the grill grates direct!!!!!!!
   :scratch: Beer bath then on da grill..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I grilled the Kirkland brats. They won't make the list. Not to bad!! :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well I grilled the Kirkland brats. They won't make the list. Not to bad!! :happy1:

Glad you enjoyed them.  I wasn’t aware you were the Gordon Ramsey of brats.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: :scratch: who's Gordon Ramsey??? :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: :scratch: who's Gordon Ramsey??? :scratch:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Ramsay  :rolleyes: :laugh:
OK , ive seen blurbs of him on TV, just the tiny fraction i've seen i think he's an ass!!!!!! :pouty:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just took out a family pack of chops.  I am going to smoke them this afternoon.  Looking forward to it.  Been awhile since we had chops.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so, the other day when my FW was shopping she called and said cashwise has chicken patties. gold n plump quit producing them years ago!!!!! :doah: :embarrassed: :bs: why is beyond me, they were great. this is some brandi never heard of??? Amish something or another....

there hitting the grill later tonight to check them out.a little bbq sauce and raw onion.......how could it be bad!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so, the other day when my FW was shopping she called and said cashwise has chicken patties. gold n plump quit producing them years ago!!!!! :doah: :embarrassed: :bs: why is beyond me, they were great. this is some brandi never heard of??? Amish something or another....

there hitting the grill later tonight to check them out.a little bbq sauce and raw onion.......how could it be bad!!!!!!!

first wife????   just askin!!!