Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900186 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so, the other day when my FW was shopping she called and said cashwise has chicken patties. gold n plump quit producing them years ago!!!!! :doah: :embarrassed: :bs: why is beyond me, they were great. this is some brandi never heard of??? Amish something or another....

there hitting the grill later tonight to check them out.a little bbq sauce and raw onion.......how could it be bad!!!!!!!

first wife????   just askin!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :confused: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: nope...first wife could eff up a pot of boiling water!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Chicken burglars. There called Gerber's Amish farms. Comes  6 in a box.
« Last Edit: June 06/06/21, 09:29:17 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
They the ones you could chuck in the nuker for the kids???

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They the ones you could chuck in the nuker for the kids???
nope, these are raw meat. The cooking directions gave no microwave instructions.

And they are pretty darn good. Of course I added bbq sauce and a slice of onion.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
get something like that at Aldi's too.. they are good too..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ribeyes are now 20 bucks a pound due to the issues with packing plants.  I see they have beef tenderloins for 10 bucks a lb.  I just youtubed a few videos on how to trim them up to make filet mignons.  Sounds pretty good.  I may go get one.  Anyone ever do that? 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Ribeyes are now 20 bucks a pound due to the issues with packing plants.  I see they have beef tenderloins for 10 bucks a lb.  I just youtubed a few videos on how to trim them up to make filet mignons.  Sounds pretty good.  I may go get one.  Anyone ever do that?
yup and it's easy!!  go for it!!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I got one of those tenderloins.  They are about 5 lbs.  Some of the trim was already trimmed away on them so an easy job to clean them up and cut them.  Had bacon wrapped filets on the grill and they turned out great.  The next time I will boil the bacon in water first and see if it cooks more on the grill.   :happy1:  The extra pieces I cut up and will use in stroganoff tonight. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
lps, I like to buy pork tenderloins when on sale and cut them into chops. Then vacuum wrap them two to a pack. You can make them as thick as you like, same for the beef. Good luck and enjoy.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The next time I will boil the bacon in water first and see if it cooks more on the grill.

Either that or microwave it to half way cooked.  But I am anxious to try the cooking bacon in water trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2guC4Badq2s

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Aldi's had ribeye's for $11.99 today...  seen lots of boneless pork loins for $1.99 today too... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would buy a whole loin if I found it for that price.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Aldi's had ribeye's for $11.99 today...  seen lots of boneless pork loins for $1.99 today too... 
Been gettin a lot of our steaks there too, shelf was full of the pork loins in GR as well.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Boiling Bacon 🥓?
Why?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Boiling Bacon 🥓?
Why?

I may try it some time, but I asked the same question?  :confused: I can only think It would take a long time to boil it down then brown it?  :bonk:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure is an interesting thought,  I haven't graduated from doing them in a pan to microwave or the oven yet..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I would buy a whole loin if I found it for that price.

come on down and I'll get some for you!!!! 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Been gettin a lot of our steaks there too, shelf was full of the pork loins in GR as well.

and they are good steaks!!!!  got many from there!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boiling Bacon 🥓?
Why?

I may try it some time, but I asked the same question?  :confused: I can only think It would take a long time to boil it down then brown it?  :bonk:

Just put enough water in to cover the bacon.  Heat on high till the water is gone.  Only takes a few minutes.  The bacon is now hot so once the water is gone it browns fast without the meat getting hard and over done. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Finger food tonight,  almost felt like football food. One pan had Buffalo wild wings honey bbq, the other was habenero.  Probably should have used two different brushes basting cuz we were sweating like we were outside chowing on either.  Good thing momma had some slaw to cool things off.. :happy1: oh ya, she also had some bbq meatballs to boot.
« Last Edit: June 06/10/21, 06:30:36 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds great, maybe a too hot.  lol  I need to do wings more often. 

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Finger food tonight,  almost felt like football food. One pan had Buffalo wild wings honey bbq, the other was habenero.  Probably should have used two different brushes basting cuz we were sweating like we were outside chowing on either.  Good thing momma had some slaw to cool things off.. :happy1: oh ya, she also had some bbq meatballs to boot.

Looks Great I need sum!  :Clap:  Beats boiled bacon!  :bonk:  :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm guessing Mrs. boober is still chasing boober around the house after that display of culinary excellence... :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

out here in the sticks no aldi's not sure if I would shop at one iffin we did,

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Got two in Rochester.    Haven't been in one in several years.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Looks Great I need sum!  :Clap:  Beats boiled bacon!  :bonk:  :rotflmao:

So maybe I will boil me up a batch of wings!   :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
in the deep fryer??   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought I would save my good beer this time and use the whipper snappers!! Shhhhh.  :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought I would save my good beer this time and use the whipper snappers!! Shhhhh.  :happy1:
I need to do this but I think I'm going to throw in some krout with it! 👍