Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900519 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I bet she's recuperated & sayin', "I gots to gets me some of dat!"  :smoking:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
dang it, was so hungry i for got to take a picture..............just chicky over charcoal, corn on the cob, some maters and cukes along with some hash brown patties.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got some 50/50 pork/beef burger.  Makes a great burger.  Having them tonight with bakery buns. 

Offline Smokey Hills Bandit

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
A little time spent by the smoker and grill this weekend.

5:15 on the smoker and 45 minutes on the grill to finish them off

Smoked for 4 hours

2 hours on the smoker - last 15 minutes on the grill

Offline Smokey Hills Bandit

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Chicken wings on the grill

Covered in a corn starch, salt and pepper.

Sauces are BWW parmesan garlic and a home made spicy garlic. 1/3 cup franks red hot, 1/2 cup ranch, 2 tablespoons garlic powder, 1 tablespoon onion powder and some Salt and Pepper.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Move over, Mikey, I was here first!  :rotflmao:    :hubba:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that looks great!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sure does!  :happy1:

Grilled some of the new lamb last nite. Different because this was the first time we've ground an entire lamb into burger. Had a customer do it a few years back & they loved it. I can see why. The burgers are meatier (no surprise) but still carry enough fat to make a nice patty. Rounded out with a few cukes, Mrs. Gerry's summer pasta salad & sweet corn from a customer's field. He told me to help myself as I trade him winter radishes & prune his apple trees. I complained that the ears were almost too big for the pan! Canning company sweet corn has come a long way since the days of Jubilee & Iochief. It was delicious! Mrs. Cheviot was preoccupied by the State Fair so I got a free pass again last nite. Need to keep my guard up tho so she doesn't have her way with me in a weak moment... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang, it all looks great!!  :hubba:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
grilled up a couple brats for later, but then grilled some bacon, had 2 BLT's for lunch!!!   think I'll do it again tomorrow!!  love the garden fresh maters!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
grilled up a couple brats for later, but then grilled some bacon, had 2 BLT's for lunch!!!   think I'll do it again tomorrow!!  love the garden fresh maters!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Say, that sounds great! Why haven't I had one yet??! Got plenty of bacon! :rotflmao: :bonk:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Say, that sounds great! Why haven't I had one yet??! Got plenty of bacon! :rotflmao: :bonk:

and I used some of my avacado mayo too!!!  lathered on good!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Charcoaled no boner chicky thighs, cawn, 'slaw, 'maters, and the usual crunchies.

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Chicky breasts, shrooms and twice baked taters.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang I have to make the taters!!  Coffee, just plop the mushrooms on the grill????  need to try that too!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dang I have to make the taters!!  Coffee, just plop the mushrooms on the grill????  need to try that too!!!
i dont think boar ever cooked his???????? :shocked: :rolleyes: :evil: :doah: but then look how he turned out!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont think boar ever cooked his???????? :shocked: :rolleyes: :evil: :doah: but then look how he turned out!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I thought boar smomed his mushrooms?  :smoking:   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/25/21, 08:10:24 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
for anyone that still grills over charcoal, home depot had an ad in todays paper.........2-20 lb bags.........twin pack for $19.88.

i need to check my stash.........................

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: They must've run that sale up here 2-3 weeks ago as the brother went to town by himself 1 day & came home with 2/20# ers.  :scratch: Thought you didn't like HD, glenn? ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: They must've run that sale up here 2-3 weeks ago as the brother went to town by himself 1 day & came home with 2/20# ers.  :scratch: Thought you didn't like HD, glenn? ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

That's just cuz they wouldn't hire him as garden dept manager.  :rotflmao:  :bonk:

Half price at Flat Farm right now....

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/kingsford-the-original-15-4-lb-charcoal-briquets/0000000220423
« Last Edit: August 08/26/21, 09:39:01 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Bemidji or Duluth for FF up here. :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Send Glenn on a road trip! He said he has lotsa free time now! Even more than before! :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey, I know, glenn could drive up there and get me some charcoal and back haul some cucumbers!  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Send Glenn on a road trip! He said he has lotsa free time now! Even more than before! :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: dont have that kinda time!!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: :pouty: yet!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, I know, glenn could drive up there and get me some charcoal and back haul some cucumbers!  :rotflmao:

I need some 'maters, too. Better make a list for him.  ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

That's just cuz they wouldn't hire him as garden dept manager.  :rotflmao:  :bonk:

Half price at Flat Farm right now....

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/kingsford-the-original-15-4-lb-charcoal-briquets/0000000220423
yea knowing that place, they wouldnt have it on hand anyway!!!!!!!!! :pouty:

and i aint applied for no job.......yet.  and wont be there..........

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
stopped at one of the local meat markets this morning and he has started making chorizo!!!  and it's all beef!!!  none of the other crap ya get in the grocery store stuff!!!  cat's wait to thaw it and try it!!!  taco's maybe??