Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900232 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
:happy1: They must've run that sale up here 2-3 weeks ago as the brother went to town by himself 1 day & came home with 2/20# ers.  :scratch: Thought you didn't like HD, glenn? ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

That's just cuz they wouldn't hire him as garden dept manager.  :rotflmao:  :bonk:

Half price at Flat Farm right now....

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/kingsford-the-original-15-4-lb-charcoal-briquets/0000000220423
yea knowing that place, they wouldnt have it on hand anyway!!!!!!!!! :pouty:

and i aint applied for no job.......yet.  and wont be there..........

They never have nuttin' on hand.  :angry:  That's why I go to Menardo's house of bargains.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
stopped at one of the local meat markets this morning and he has started making chorizo!!!  and it's all beef!!!  none of the other crap ya get in the grocery store stuff!!! cat's wait to thaw it and try it!!!  taco's maybe??

They have cat's on hand?!  :scratch:  :rotflmao:

Glenn suggested I point that out.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
stopped at one of the local meat markets this morning and he has started making chorizo!!!  and it's all beef!!!  none of the other crap ya get in the grocery store stuff!!!  cat's wait to thaw it and try it!!!  taco's maybe??
that an oriental butcher shop.......they have cats meat  :scratch: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: They must've run that sale up here 2-3 weeks ago as the brother went to town by himself 1 day & came home with 2/20# ers.  :scratch: Thought you didn't like HD, glenn? ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
i dont, but i can lower my standards for charcoal price like that!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :tut: :tut:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
i dont, but i can lower my standards for charcoal price like that!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:
  :scratch: You can be had pretty cheap can't you!! :shocked: :bs:             ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dats da truth!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did pork chops on the gas grill.  I also used some apple wood and got it smoking then put the chops on.   Forgot pics.  With garlic mashed potatoes and fresh frozen peas. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: You can be had pretty cheap can't you!! :shocked: :bs:             ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: yep depends on what there selling. :sleazy: :smoking: :evil:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :scratch: How much does the wife think your worth? :confused:              :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                   ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :scratch: How much does the wife think your worth? :confused:              :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                   ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
priceless!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
dang I have to make the taters!!  Coffee, just plop the mushrooms on the grill????  need to try that too!!!
Yes, I just put some oil on them grill away. Leave them whole or they’ll fall through the grates when they start to cook and shrink. I’m Speaking from experience  :pouty:
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a few dogs, burgers with mozzarella, chicky wings, 1 steak, taters, shrooms and onions grilled up today. Had bro and SIL over.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang, now that's a dinner! Don't know what I'd grab first!  ;)

Mine was a 5oz bacon-wrapped tenderloin for me; 2 ears of fresh from the truck this am cawn , (It was GREAT) and the assorted veggie crunchies. Wanted more, but have those danged blood tests in the morning....supposed to eat light.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 08/29/21, 05:34:46 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had the last 2 packages of chops marinating since late Friday so decided I'd better pull the trigger last nite. Was a breeze when I started the grill but by the time the coals were ready it was dead calm & the smoke was going straight up. Used what I had on hand for marinade and it worked better than I could've imagined. Was composed of some Loon Juice (Honeycrisp apple hard cider), a dab of leftover wine, soy sauce, garlic powder, curry powder, a little smokehouse maple seasoning & some dried onion flakes. It flavored the lamb perfectly & I was able to grill them medium rare with Mrs. Cheviot being absent. Sharing the plate with home raised maters, cukes and  fresh picked string beans, sumbitch they were good!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: looks dandy there bud. But been a while since I seen "the knife". :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, if our place is broken into and that knife is missing I'll know where to look!   :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, if our place is broken into and that knife is missing I'll know where to look!   :rotflmao:
:confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: rest assured your gin will be safe!!!👍 :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gin + smurfberries = Glenn's kickapoo joy juice.  :doofus:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This was last nights main course.  We of course had some veggies with it.  Leftover piece will go good with eggs this morning. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
grilling a t-bone steak today myself!!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Leftover??! I'da eaten the plate with that!  :rotflmao:   :hubba:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Soy-marinated chicky thighs brushed with Korean BBQ sauce with soy, ginger & chives. Deviled egg tater salad, with the usual veggies crunchies and a slicing tomato. Chicky was great!  :tongue:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No room on da plate....! Applewood smomed pigger steak slathered in sweet baby ray's, and that new corn. As for the corn.....OK; but nuttin' to write home about.  :undecided: Like my candy corn better, it's sweeter and crispier. This was actaully kinda blah with kernels that weren't real crispy. I like 'em to crunch when bitin' into it. Haveta try my farmers truck again, and maybe that clown that was workin' it this weekend was doubling the price to line his pockets.
I know I paid .50 an ear for it earlier this year.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks pretty darn good Rebs..   AND we have not been buying much sweet corn and it sounds great!  I will get me some.  LOL

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Have so much stuff coming out of the garden right now we haven't been doing much sweet corn either. Should tho cuz the days are running out on it. 😢 Lamborgers last nite with some of the aforementioned veggies. Cukes, maters and the first of the fall radishes. Some Mrs. Gerry's slaw & mac salad to round it out. Mrs. Cheviot arrived home yesterday but is coming off the State Fair. Knowing that ahead of time, made this batch of burgers more to my liking, seared nicely on the outside yet good & pink all the way thru. 🍔  :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a great looking spread Dotch!!  :happy1: Momma and I are going out to let someone feed us tomorrow for #25 so I took the easy way out tonight.  Pre frozen patties,  chips, homemade pickles and beans, I sure hope the high binder restaurant can beat that..  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's good eats too!!  and congrats on #25!!!!!   :happy1: :happy1: