Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900640 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That'll likely be a collectors item someday. In the meantime you and Robert will have to take it along ice fishing this winter.  :happy1:

Sadly, Ron Popeil passed away this past July. May he rest in peace...but wait, there's more!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Popeil
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I just looked and they still sell those!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
How about the pocket fisherman?  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
How about the pocket pool game?  :scratch:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Reb yu cue is to small for that..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had my ALDI gift steak....and I cut it in half. 12 oz of medium-rare juicy YUM!
It was a great steak! (you were right, Mikey) Didn't have room for the broccoli salad, barely made it thru all this. Other half went in the freezer for another time.  :tongue:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Love my roco rotisiery, wif found at rumage sale had one years ago
Love it!
Weber rotisserie here for 90-95% of our whole chickens, hard to beat it done that way IMO.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL... only thing missing is a roll of "duct tape" :confused:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Love my roco rotisiery, wif found at rumage sale had one years ago
Love it!
Weber rotisserie here for 90-95% of our whole chickens, hard to beat it done that way IMO.

Izzat gas or charcoal? Either way it'd be delish! Something I haven't tried on the charcoal rotisserie is a whole chicky. Might be time to locate one.  :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have always wanted a rotisserie on a grill.  We did get a Ronco thing that actually works great for chicky or prime rib.  Maybe I could take it apart and make it fit the pellet grill?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Go for it!  And we want pics!! :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We haven't used it in years and surprisingly it works great.  If the wife saw me try to modify it she would probably modify me and that might not be a good thing.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's with a good old Weber kettle with charcoal & direct heat, had 1 for a long time. We do have a Weber gas grill up here as well. Actually wore out the rotisserie motor on 1 of the last birds, had a new 1 within ~ a week. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:  Found an extra counterweight at a garage sale up here this year too, they weren't even sure what it was.
« Last Edit: September 09/25/21, 07:42:46 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Those counterweights aren't something you run across every day altho like you said, if you go direct to Weber, you can get about anything you want and it shows up quickly. I opted for a couple more of the rotisserie forks so I could do 2 half legs. Talked to an actual human being to do it. Odd.

Unable to locate a whole chicken locally yesterday & the chicky thighs weren't on sale in the grocery store. At ~ $7.50 for 8 thighs I punted & got marinated chicken breasts at the meat market. Also got some of Rebs pigger steaks. Been a while. Prolly grill the latter tonite & let the breasts thaw for tomorrow nite. Been working my way thru the last of the lamb burgers I left for Mrs. Cheviot. She likely thought she was doing me a big favor leaving them for me. Not so. I made those well done for her so they're devoid of any fat. Like well done hamburgers warmed up after grilling, they make good Ruby food and that's about it. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I've always wanted a rotisserie for the big charcoal unit at home, but it's on its last leg now. The oldest and I are lake side which we worked up an appetite,  one burglar left after doing our best emptying the fridge for the season..lol.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
toasting the buns is the best!!!  looks great bud!!!!   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Izzat one of those 26" behemoths boober? I bet Mrs. Boober had a hard time leaving your buns alone after that!  :evil:

Still enjoying my fortress of solitude here. Only one here to bug is me Ruby. She snores a lot but she's a purty good fat eater and plate licker. Pigger steaks a la Reb only with my secret Dotch BBQ sauce. Each batch is unique, sorta like Pfeiffer's beer, where no two tasted the same!  :shocked: Plenty of homegrown garden sides to go with as well as COVID meds.  :happy1: 
« Last Edit: September 09/26/21, 11:16:52 AM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good Dotch but them pears didn't grow in Minn!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sweet'n sour pineapple/soy marinated chicky thighs, turkey/swiss almond pasta salad, broccoli cheddar salad, 7 grain bakery Autumn bread, and the usual supplemental veggies.  I already et the 'mater before I took the pic.  :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope Dotch that's just a reg size weber.  Its a great evening for a swim, going with some game day cub brats, and no good beer was harmed.....yet!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, guess we can talk about pig chops here without Glenn going  :tut: :tut: :tut:        :rotflmao::surrender:

Out grocery shopping this AM, picked up my 'scrip at Walfart, haven't shopped there in about two months. Thought I'd see if anything had changed and grab a 12 pack of Diet-pepsi before I left. Nope. Outta Pepsi. Outta A&W root beer. Lunch meat aisle was decimated. Outta spring water. And...not ONE single carton of cottage cheese. That dairy cooler was empty. I had to just laugh, how the he** do they even stay in business?!? Anyway, walked past the meat aisle, guy was putting out pkgs of pig chops...not center cuts, not boneless, just some raggedy lookin' kinda thin regular chops....$5.99 a lb!  :shocked: You gotta be sh***n me!!! I couldn't believe it! Glad I was headed to ALDI's for groceries...got some nice, thick, pigger chops there for $2.99 lb, reg price. 
 :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 No pussy footin around here with thin pig chops!! Beef it's what's for dinner, not bad price 8.99 # for porter house. The decision is going with illegal on some lakes large  nekkid spuds  :rotflmao: or wrap em up with some bacon... probably wrapped!!  :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Neighbors weren't looking so went nekkid with the spuds ! And got burnt,  wonder if our local nudists have issues with that?? Anyway the grub was fantastic and have lots leftover for lunch..  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Bobber that is a good lookin meal!!   and I'm grilling a porter house for lunch tomorrow for me!!! 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
This thread has me hungry and it's not even 10am.

Agreed about rotisserie cooking,as a kids my mother had a big ole electric cooker with a built in rotissrie she used for all the game I brought home,rabbits,pheants ducks etc she did a good job cooking wild game,,then fast forward early 2000 bought a Ron Popel rotisserie,used it at least once/week,did the best prime rib on that thing.

to day it's the webber charcoal grill rotisserie,most often just for birds over indirect and a pool of herbs steaming below the birds on the spit,fantastic.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I know I do c-cuts a lot because they're relatively cheap, available & easy, sorta like glenn!  :rotflmao: The real stars of the show tho have been the fall veggies. Might've sliced up the last of the cukes.  :sad: Mrs. Cheviot has been busy yapping on the phone so I slipped this batch in under the radar.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: October 10/05/21, 09:37:59 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :scratch: what's up with the foreign knife!!🥴 :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna do a nice rack of extra meaty baby backs.  I usually wrap in foil after a couple of hours but I am going to do the no peek method today.  Put in smoker at 225.  Will put some sauce on them at the 4.5 hr mark then take out at 5 hours.