Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900614 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds interesting lps, so foil to start? No rain here so might as well grill. Some blade steaks and more poppers chasing some nekkid spuds.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no foil that way Bobber..  I tried it and liked the results too!!!   good looking spread you have too there!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Shhhhhh! Stop sayin' "nekkid" or you'll get glenn all aroused...😨
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The ribs turned out great!  So no foil, just rubbed and threw them on at 225 and at the 4.5 hour mark I slathered on some Sweet Baby Rays.  They were real thick and meaty so I left it for another hour then took them off.  I will try it again too.  I usually foil for a couple of hours but may like this better.  It is easier.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Documenation pics are a strongly suggested necessity, Barry.  :rotflmao:  :tongue:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I know and I try to but they looked so good I had to eat right away. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Ya, I run into that occassionally.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nekkid lamborgers here tonite (steady glenn) with vegetables fresh from the garden. The only thing on the plate not raised at the ranch here aside from the spices & raspberry vinaigrette dressing was the Mrs. Gerry's mac salad adorning the maters. Lamb was almost overdone for me but salvaged it in the nick of time with a hint of pink throughout. Mrs. Cheviot ate one of the large taters I baked last nite beforehand and promptly zonked out. I slipped myself an extra burger as a result. Need to keep my muscle mass intact when she decides to chase me again... :shocked: 
« Last Edit: October 10/16/21, 10:04:19 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Been a while! Had some pork loin filets on sale that were getting towards the expiration date so thought we'd better get them grilled. Seared & grilled indirect, took about 45 minutes. Honey mustard & mesquite. Filled in with buttercup squash, radishes and garden tomatoes with cottage cheese. Mrs. Cheviot gave chase briefly but was overcome by the pork loins, quickly putting her down for the evening. My plan worked to perfection!  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks darn good!!!  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Honey mustard and mesquite.  Sounds great.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Strolling thru my local grocery store/meat counter ,the display of steaks caught my attention,then the price tag... $27/lb ribeye...yikes jumped out of my mouth,butcher schrugged his shoulders...not thinking correctly a package of "chuck steak" caught my eye,$7.49/lb,goofy me wasn't thinking,"chuck - eye steaks are one thing but chuck steak?

Hoped for the best and fired up my grill,chuck steak was 1/2" thick,seared both sides quick,like my beef rare most often.

this chuck steak was so knawly I almost bent my fork sticking it to carve,been many years since I've attempted to eat a chuck steak now I remember why.

Even chicken and pork prices are double in just the last two months,tough times.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I love chuck roasts but need to cook a few hours.  I see they were $7.99 a lb the other day.  Just couldn't pay it.  Yet.   They used to be 3.99-4.99 lb. I also have been buying the 50/50 ground pork/beef for burgers, meat loafs etc.  Love it and it is cheaper. 
« Last Edit: November 11/09/21, 10:23:46 AM by LPS »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed LP,did a chuck roast and veggies couple weeks ago in the slow cooker.

years back my goto roast was a 7 blade roast,bone in beef seems to have more flavor and the meat more tender off the bone.

These days our roast are boneless for some reason?,get lucky once in awhile with a bone in ribeye,or jump on a "standing rib roast/prime rib" iffin the price is right, but days of a good ole cheap cut pot roast are all boneless in my area.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like bone in pork chops the best too.  I just got back from the store.  Got a family pack of pork steaks for 2.29 and some country style pork ribs for 2.99.  I felt good about those deals.  Ribeyes were 19.99..   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to be doing some skinless and boneless chicken thighs later, scored them last week for $1.79. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I like bone in pork chops the best too.  I just got back from the store.  Got a family pack of pork steaks for 2.29 and some country style pork ribs for 2.99.  I felt good about those deals.  Ribeyes were 19.99..

Boy,pork steaks...nummer's,once a week at my house,grilled or pan seared then simmered in pork gravey,longer simmered the better.

Good price on the ribeyes but still not a great price,last year I paid $6.99/lb of choice cut ribeyes,(last fall)but the gas at the pump was under $2/gal as well.

Tell ya what if biden shuts down the north central pipeline like they're talking (michigan)we're really up a shete creek for all of our goods,what a mess..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought the biggest ribeye loin they had a month ago for 13.79.  Got about 15 steaks over an inch out of it.  Happy I did it then. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's a decent price!!! good for you!!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We get most of our chicken & burger up here at Aldi's & on sale usually. Steaks there occasionally too but most of our steaks & roasts come from Super 1 on Hwy 2 in GR. They have a spot in 1 of their big dairy cases where they have a lot of items that are getting close to their expiration date & are marked down quite a bit, 25-35% at least usually. Not many walk by that spot without checking it out.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup I get my chicken there too and many sirloin steaks...  sometimes ribeyes too..  Coborns does that too on close dated stuff but the prices there now no good as far as I'm concerned..  but Long Prairie has no competition...   one grocery store is all..  also get most of my chuck roasts at Aldi's too...  when the price is good any way..

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
We get most of our chicken & burger up here at Aldi's & on sale usually. Steaks there occasionally too but most of our steaks & roasts come from Super 1 on Hwy 2 in GR. They have a spot in 1 of their big dairy cases where they have a lot of items that are getting close to their expiration date & are marked down quite a bit, 25-35% at least usually. Not many walk by that spot without checking it out.
Yep, we hit the just about to expire date case every time we are in town—probably 2-3 times per week. Load up on anything good they might have, usually get some good deals on cottage cheese or yogurt. My dogs get some pretty good additions to their diet from that case, too.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just took out a nice thick ribeye.  Shoveled the grill out so will be using it later on.  Probably right after the Gophers game.  Will have a baked potato with butter and sour cream on it.  Not sure what veggie.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So youz guyz got me curious, where exactly is this almost expired meat section. :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
right across from the meat counter here...  a little open freezer in the isle.. 

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
So youz guyz got me curious, where exactly is this almost expired meat section. :scratch:

Out back in the dumpster.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

Out back in the dumpster.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doah: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
some stuff should be too!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a almost expired open freezer at our store too.  They freeze the stuff that is expiring.  I get ground pork for spaghetti if it is already frozen. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's funny coop! The cub up the street has an area for close expired but the only thing I've grabbed is a roast to grind up for sticks..