Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900647 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well here's the issue.........is expired the same as sell by date?????? big difference  :scratch: :doah: i personally dont take a whole lot of stock in throwing something out if its the sell by date........doesnt mean its no longer good to eat.  now if its a dozen eggs thats  a year old...... thats different!!!!!!!!

IF its in a freezer i fail to see what would be wrong with using or buying it???????????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sell and use by are different and the same, it depends on the product to me..  meats vs veggies..  and yes freezing is the best way to keep things...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sell and use by are different and the same, it depends on the product to me..  meats vs veggies..  and yes freezing is the best way to keep things...
yea i agree, we were talking mostly meat so i assumed just that. yea veggies dont last long enough around my house to worry about expiring.  :rotflmao: my wife bought a 4 lb container of grapes from costco on wed, they wont make the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and you are right about the eggs!!! 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i agree, we were talking mostly meat so i assumed just that. yea veggies dont last long enough around my house to worry about expiring.  :rotflmao: my wife bought a 4 lb container of grapes from costco on wed, they wont make the night!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :doah:

another thing about buying vac sealed meats, you can keep them in the fridge for weeks if you want..  no spoilage because no air getting to the meat...  but you will tenderizing it more that way...

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't feel like firing up the big grill tonight so the tailgater got the nod. The brats went for a light swim in the whipper snappers blue moon.. shhhhh don't tell her. Oh yeah, the tailgate gasket is still doing a great job lps!!
« Last Edit: November 11/13/21, 08:08:20 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Amazing what a guy can accomplish when he isn't constantly being pursued by the spousal unit, boober... :happy1:

Piggy steaks tonite w/baked taters, peas, garden radishes, along with with my anti-COVID regimen  :cool:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
both look tasty for sure!!  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
One more day until I'm hooked back up to the ball & chain so had to make the best of it. Had planned to have a buddy over for steaks but couldn't pull it off so had to fly solo. A stripper w/winter radishes, squash & one of the last remaining maters. Will miss fresh stuff out of the garden but should have enough put away to help soften the blow.  :sad:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So what are the purple and the white things Dotch?  The radishes?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Looks like 2 types of 'em there to me. :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with ya Gunner, go back to picture in 2021 gardens.  3 pails and each different..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we grew German giants way back..  and they got good sized too!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
One more day until I'm hooked back up to the ball & chain so had to make the best of it. Had planned to have a buddy over for steaks but couldn't pull it off so had to fly solo. A stripper w/winter radishes, squash & one of the last remaining maters. Will miss fresh stuff out of the garden but should have enough put away to help soften the blow.  :sad:
i'm just happy my knife is still around!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

nice looking grub dotch.......building up stamina i see!!!!!!!! :sleazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, them purple and white things are radishes. The white ones with reddish centers are red meats and the purple ones are sweet babies. I wasn't impressed with the purple radishes earlier but as the season wore on, they got better. Like the color, crisp texture and their flavor has become sweeter with a nice hint of the radish bite to them. Ruby as usual was tickled to get the steak fat and clean the plates before I put them back in the cupboard.  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
best unpaid dish washer around!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Clock was running out on the chicky thighs I'd bought Saturday. Fortunately the wind went down & I didn't start the neighborhood on fire. Best of all was able to pull it off before Mrs. Cheviot came home. She's not a big chicky fan so her loss. More for me! Cavenders with a dusting of curry powder then basted with Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory & Brown Sugar ~ the last 7 minutes. Browned then cooked indirect. OMFG! Now I remember why I love chicky so much. Spiced right, juicy and tender. Had to have another one just to make sure they were as good as I remembered. Pretty sure they were but will still need to analyze the leftovers to make sure my initial conclusions were correct.  :hubba:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Grilled nords,minus spear marks. :sleazy: spuds and beans.  :tongue: man I'm full. Took the lemon slices off before the picture.

Sorry I don't have one of those top of the line knives like Dotch  :pouty:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Don't worry little feller. Christmas is just around the corner. It fits, it ships, one low flat rate... :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Don't worry little feller. Christmas is just around the corner. It fits, it ships, one low flat rate... :happy1:

it fits with the fertilizer???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You'd be amazed how much crap I can jam in those boxes I mail to glenn...  :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/23/21, 07:35:17 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We had a winter picnic today.  Burgers on the grill on the deck at the land. Can't be much better than that.
23 degrees in the cabin and 45 outside.  It was very nice in the sun.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
deadeye, do you have a heat source in that cabin??????

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn57,
Yes, there is a 30,000 BTW ventless propane wall heater.  No reason to light it yesterday as we planned to be outside all day and it would take a while to warm it up inside. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Burglars on the grill, not the premade ones either  :tut: sauteed onions, and orida seasoned fries.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well looky here, a perfectly moist grilled not burnt ( seared)  :evil: :sleazy: pork steaks. Along with boiled taters fried in butter, onions and some garlic.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Looks awfully dry :rolleyes: to me!! :sleazy: :evil:
« Last Edit: December 12/20/21, 08:46:11 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon