Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900838 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have wanted to try those but keep forgetting to buy some.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I have wanted to try those but keep forgetting to buy some.
don't go cheap generic brands. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Coborn's and got them on discount!!!  decent burger too!!!   but home ya can't beat!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Coborn's and got them on discount!!!  decent burger too!!!   but home ya can't beat!!!
from my experience with coborns meats they got good stuff.
4 brothers branded meat. They have a really good cooked brat!!👍

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
from my experience with coborns meats they got good stuff.
4 brothers branded meat. They have a really good cooked brat!!👍

they are on sale next week!!!   brats and brat burgers!!!   I really like the brat patties too!!! 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Are they as good as Johnsonville glenn?  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/05/22, 02:28:25 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

I don't buy Johnsonville's, so yup they are in my book my a huge amount!!!   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We've dabbled with frozen patties lately,  costcos aren't to bad and cub has some that'll do. But we picked up a Sheboygan brand of frozen patties that were horrible. Cub does have some house brand not frozen burgers mixed with cheese n bacon and whatever else that's pretty good. Screw it, were having burgers tonight...thanks mike!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
We've dabbled with frozen patties lately,  costcos aren't to bad and cub has some that'll do. But we picked up a Sheboygan brand of frozen patties that were horrible. Cub does have some house brand not frozen burgers mixed with cheese n bacon and whatever else that's pretty good. Screw it, were having burgers tonight...thanks mike!!

any time Bobber!!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I have been saying, I am finally gonna smoke that brisket today.  My smoker only goes up to 250 so think I will put it on around 10.  I will put my probe in it and at 170 I may wrap it to keep it moist.  Some do some don't.  Then cook till just around 200.   Any advice is welcome.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :pouty: :rotflmao: yea.like a 1000 times better!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a good plan!!   I see I can buy a whole short loin this week for $7.99 a pound cut and wrapped..   I think I see some t-bones and porter house steaks in my future!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Love a porterhouse!  The problem we have is that the wife cuts off the filet side for her so I get the strip side.  May as well get ribeyes then. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we used to split them in 1/2 so we each got some..   ribeye $12.99, porter house $7.99???   porter house wins!!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The brisket has been in since about 10:30.  It has stalled at 150 right now.  So nice to have that thermometer reader in the house so I can keep an eye on it.  At 170 I may wrap it.  Some do some don't.  Sure don't want it to dry out. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Corned beef brisket or regular lps?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is a regular brisket Bobb, a flat.  5.5 lbs  I just put Lawry's, cracked some pepper on it and some garlic powder.  It is still at 152 so still in the stall. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Fun stuff,  I went looking last weekend but they were all too big for my liking.  Your call on wrapping,  we like em a little chard so usually leave em be and pull it off at 203°. But have wrapped em before if crunched for time. I gotta ask...fat side up or down?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fat side down but I was surprised that is what they all said to do.  I thought fat side up would keep it moist.  There wasn't a big difference though after I trimmed it up.  So now here it is 4:45 and it is only up to 158.  Finally going up.  It is in at 250 degrees.  So the stall has been for appx 3 hours.  Glad I knew that or I would have thought my smoker quit.  That's a long time.  This 5.5 lb brisket is maybe 2.5" thick in the center where I have the probe so it is not a big fat chunk of meat.  Seems like a long stall for a thinnish piece of meat.  Well I will keep you posted and some pics.  The wife made cole slaw too. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Crazy the stall lasted so long. I've always done fat up but your right lots say down.I read One fella did 2 one up one down and couldn't tell a difference.  They do preach tho on covering with butcher paper , think I'll try it. Dang it, I gotta do one soon!!
« Last Edit: March 03/06/22, 05:50:27 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have no butcher paper and have read that you can wrap with foil like doing ribs.  They just hit 170 and they look great.  Letting them go for now.  Will take off at 195.  When I stuck my in house probe in they were still tough so need more time. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
brown paper works, white freezer paper and foil all will work from what I have read

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok about that brisket.  We got tired of waiting for it to get done so took it out and ate right away.  I know you are supposed to let it sit but we were starving.  Well I wrapped it up tight after we cut off a chunk and put in frig.  I just microwaved a piece and it is better than I thought it would be. Will be good for supper after I warm it up some in the oven.  It is more tender now than the other night too.  Of course Sweet Baby Rays is good on anything. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
And here is my kit that I use when smoking things.

I can be doing a 5 hour smoke and be watching the Vikes and I know what temp it is at.  Fun to use.
Any kind of model # on that kit lps? Turns out my igrill mini thru weber took a chit..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It was the thermometer kit as one deal and the case was a separate deal and so glad I got it.  Of course Amazon.  lol  So look at Thermo Pro.  Someone else gave me the idea a couple of years ago.  I take the batteries out of the responder that sits on the grill or the batteries go dead.  At least once they did.  Love it.  If I was to buy one now I would check the wireless probes ones out.
« Last Edit: March 03/09/22, 07:33:45 AM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Threw a couple pork chops on the grill. Along with taters fried in butter and onions and Mikey's favorite. :happy1: momma is winking at me  :sleazy: and I'm letting her catch me! :smoking: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah:                        :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
By the looks of that empty plate, I thought Shadow had already helped himself!  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
By the looks of that empty plate, I thought Shadow had already helped himself!  :doah:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: not that he wouldn't try if we turned out back!! :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
My golden boi loves chinese take out....little shete head... didn't even get a taste.