Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900134 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Chicken turns out dynamite on them pellet grills. It was a great evening to smell charcoal here, been awhile since we had taters n kaboobs!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A couple different kinds of brats tonite. Still feeling out the new ownership at the meat market. Cooked brats & fresh brats. Much prefer the fresh brats as I added my own apple wood smoke in the Weber. Some Mrs. Gerry's summer pasta salad & tater salad along with some cheeps. Ate outside & the birds stole the show. Cardinals,  orioles, wrens, brown thrashers, chickadees, goldfinches, song sparrows, chipping sparrows, hummingbirds, robins, red-winged blackbirds, Canada geese & pheasants. Frogs & toads are just starting to get it cranked up. Best of all Mrs. Cheviot left me alone. :happy1:

« Last Edit: May 05/10/22, 08:59:58 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So Dotch, why wouldn't the new owners have the previous  owners recipes for the meats from the same facility!! :scratch: :doah:

By the way, you frame that "special" knife?? :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So Dotch, why wouldn't the new owners have the previous  owners recipes for the meats from the same facility!! :scratch: :doah:

By the way, you frame that "special" knife?? :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

They did keep the recipes and rights to make most of the stuff. Trouble is, they either don't keep the product stocked or they venture back further to several owners ago when the one guy's grandpa owned the market. That's what I suspect happened with the cooked brats. Never saw them when the previous owner still had it. Bugtussle can be a fickle town that way too. Lots of old farts with memories of something that was made there 40-50 years ago that they thought was great. It sucked then too, they just didn't know any better! We ran into that with a Lion's Club pancake feed a few years ago. Some old codgers pushed us to go back to a sausage recipe from a bygone era made at the locker plant. The maple flavored sausages Dean was supplying us were awesome. At the behest of the old guard however, he went ahead and made a special batch of sausages using the sacred "old recipe". Guess what? The sausages were awful. More wound up in the trash than were eaten. Everyone hated them except a few old farts and Ruby of course! :doah:

Your knife is in the mail!  :rotflmao:       
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, the good ol' days weren't always so good.  And neither was the food apparently.   :bonk: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Great nite to grill last nite. Still & warm out with birds providing live entertainment. Mandarin teriyaki chicken boobs, seared then grilled indirect with pear & apple wood, along with a side of peas and carrots w/cheeps. Stayed outside until after dusk and avoided Mrs. Cheviot's advances by locking the patio door. Good thing too as it sounded like an absolute toad orgy coming from the wetland once it started getting dark. Makes one wonder just how many of them there are down there. No tellin' what might've happened if she'd heard that.  :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: May 05/19/22, 09:25:18 AM by Dotch »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the heads up Dotch,  not sure what will bring out the claws, the grub or the lightning to the north and south. I also been hearing the chatter of frogs I thought,  could be toads. Nonetheless they be yelling at me to RUN!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: WTH........ you bombed already, crawling around on your hands and knees!!!!!!!!1  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

asking for Mikey!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :rolleyes:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey, I was just showing boober a pic of what those toads look like when they yell "RUN!!!"  :shocked:

Took that one many moons ago when I was trying to figure what all the racket was in our land down under. Might've even been taken with my Blackberry!  :doah:

Dayim, them steaks look downright edible! 👨‍🍳  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
One wood think their 9 year old golden retriever could be trusted with groceries in the back seat of your vehicle,after all they beg to tag along.

So outof the kindness of my heart after a long weekend w/o my boi I had him "kennel-up" and off we went to our grocery store as I was thinking steak night,well that was until I got sticker shock,$30/lb boneless -prime ribeye,with beef on my radar another chicken grill night wasn't going to cut it.

found a nice thick cut "chuck-eye" every bit as good as ribeye just a little more fat to sear off,but still 8.99/lb,last summer ribeye choice cuts were $6.99/lb.

So on the way home ole sneaky Duce got into my grocery bag w/o making a sound snarfed down the twofer pack of my soon to be chuck steaks,wrapper n all w/o me having a clue until in the kitchen prepping,charcoal on the grill was rolling,mushrooms simmering in garlic butter,time to prep the steaks,ole big eyes eyeballing me the entire time not saying a word.Whilst on packing my groceries....no steak!,thought I was cracking up, in my old age bagging my own groceries it's not uncommon to miss an item once in awhile as one bags,went to my vehicle to double check the back seat,bingo chewed up evidence .

just finished my left over mac-n-cheese for breakfast now.

I swear my boi has thumbs,the shete he get's in to.ugh.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
snow; dog, fresh meat equals no match!!   did he say thanks?!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Payback? :confused:                ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
snow; dog, fresh meat equals no match!!   did he say thanks?!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

LOL,Never had these issues with him until friends puppy sit him when I'm outof town,his entire life "no table scrap's,somewhere along the way someone caved,suckered in to those big brown eyes.

The thanx I got was all night farting,he was banished to the 3 season porch.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
With just Buddy I could leave a loaf of fresh bread on the dash and didn't even worry about it.  When Cooper appeared I knew that was not going to work so started putting groceries in the back of the truck since I have a topper.  Gotta love em.  lol

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My first Border, Lucy, was an exception. She lived in the garage and never messed with groceries in the pickup, pulled things off the counter or took food unless she was told it was OK. Several times she was left in the truck with ample opportunity. She was all business. Every dog before and since that one, not so much. When we got Fudgie back from my Mom once she was in the care center, I was prepping some food on the counter. Next thing I know there are two paws on the counter beside me. Reflex action, I backhanded the dog and after she hit the floor she looked at me like "WTH was that?". Gee, I wonder why?  :scratch:
« Last Edit: May 05/25/22, 02:50:34 PM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds to me like owner like dog...

Oh friggin wait.... :confused:  :cheerleader: training-087 :party1:  I got Cooper's brother. :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If we eat in the front room in front of the TV we use TV trays.  Sometimes I need to go get something else and Cooper is right at the level where he could eat right off my plate.  If the wife isn't right there watching him I make him come in the kitchen with me to get what I forgot.  I don't trust him alone with my food on the TV tray.  LOL 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LP, Agreed,little rascals just ly in wait for the opprotunity,never had issues with my boy until I had  a friend dog sit when I was laid up a couple years ago,he's been a mooch ever since.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to be home, nuttin like a brat over charcoal.  Good thing fer me the mrs knows I have fish to divy up so I can eat and get things organized without putting the track shoes on!!   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: hey boober, the fish can stay in the frig till tomorrow ya know!! :confused: :evil: :rotflmao:

Just put fresh water on them👍 :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ohh man momma's got her ears pinned back and giving me that look!! :sleazy:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I hope both of youse guys have been doing some serious roadwork. Them wimmens always try to have their way with unsuspecting prey... :doah:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Range war on a plate last nite. A sirloin & three lamb chops from our new batch of lamb. Was chops for the win! Seasoned with Cavenders, seared to perfection, grilled a few minute per side and man were they tender. Rice pilaf & green beans from last years crop. Only a couple more packages left.  :sad: I must've blinded Mrs. Cheviot with my footwork as she tired of the chase upon eating.  :cool:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea baby, front and center!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks great Dotch!! The key is NOT helping with dishes after a grilling performance like that I found..  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks great Dotch!! The key is NOT helping with dishes after a grilling performance like that I found..  :happy1:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yea baby, front and center!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

:tut: :tut: :tut: You hesh up! The post office window was closed the other day... :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
this morning when I went to Coborn's for a couple things I checked the discounted meat freezer.  they had a couple bacon wrapped sirloins marked way down and they looked very fresh...  grilled one up for lunch to a perfect medium!!   went great with my salad!!    :happy1: