Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900255 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
In tonite's episode we cover chicky thighs and why they're important. Base layer of Cavenders & lord only knows what BBQ sauce went on them the last ~7 minutes. Was dead still & the fire was hot. No time for a corporate meeting to plot strategy; time to act! :doah: The 3 nasty G&T's probably didn't help. Still noshing on last year's buttercup squash crop, Mrs. Gerry's tater salad & lettuce salad with French dressing. Was looking for more color tonite. Last meal I posted looked colorless, like something a Norwegian or Swede would deem safe to eat. If it's white, it shouldn't be too spicy. Did I mention Mrs. Cheviot is half Norwegian?  :coffee:
« Last Edit: June 06/30/22, 10:41:56 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that chicken looks great!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that chicken looks great!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that chicken must really be calling ya LPS!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  Looks great doesn't it?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
It sure does gents! Good looking grub Dotch! Even if momma might be otta town one needs to keep an eye out with the wafting of aromas... she'll attack with no warning. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm on high alert boober. I'm going to delete this pic afore'n she sees it. No tellin' what might happen... :shocked:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks real tasty!!!    :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Now that looks splendid!! I'd be doing my stretches just in case Dotch,  never know what these ladies are capable of!! As crabby as mine is now I could grill nekkid and not worry... perfect!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dats funny!!!  sorry Bobber Glenn made say it!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wafting, now that is a good word.  Makes me want to cook something over a fire.  As a matter of fact I will.  More brats with beans. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
dats funny!!!  sorry Bobber Glenn made say it!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
I hear ya Mike, I just don't need the neighbor ladies jumping the fence, soooo I'll hafta reconsider that thought.. :doah:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's not on yet but I am thinking a big ol ribeye on the grill tonight.  I will slather it with spices and let it sit getting ready for me.  And a nice salad from the garden too.  Will need to go buy some maters though.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm hankering a big fat ribeye also lps. But tonight we had to try slyvees fresh brats simmered in good beer ( Busch lite) , picked and sliced the years first yellow zucchini,  dang was it tasty! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Master grillers thinkin alike boober!! :happy1: tubes on the right are Sheboygan Italian sausage, ones on the left are weiners we got from my granddaughter and her squeeze. The weiners are really good the Sheboygan was so so. I'll be looking at other brands on the future.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 No brats were harmed in beer?
« Last Edit: July 07/05/22, 06:37:00 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, beer is meant to drink.

I've actually had it in beer and it's good, but I never remember to do it. :confused:

Also had them plain grilled and simmered in a roaster that they put beer in. Good that way too! :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/05/22, 07:20:36 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I buy the Sheboygan fresh Italian Sausage, Cheddar Brats and Beef Brats and I think they are the best thing going.  I try them all that are available up here and those are my favorites when they are available.   That is not all of the time.  The hot dog selection is terrible.  I read that Hebrew Nationals were the thing so bought a big pkg of them and they are a no go.  I think Nathans are the thing to buy here if the Sheboygan hot dogs aren't available.  Shouldn't be that hard of a deal to just buy a good hot dog but the have all gone cheap meats and it is obvious. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Only reason I bought them was the stuff Teal's makes where our. Not sure but the Sheboygan tasted like they were old??? :scratch:

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
All I have to say is “Ambassadors” you can’t beat them!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I rarely see Ambassadors around here neither.  Darn.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't have boobers issues with rain. Spent all day making this up!! :evil: :rolleyes:

Ok wife picked it up at cashwise!! :sleazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
What do you think gunner? Looks seared to me... :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What do you think gunner? Looks seared to me... :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: mayhaps a little!! :nerd: :nerd:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mango habanero brats for lunch today!!!

hobo dinner on the grill tonight!!!  burger, taters, onion, carrots, mushrooms and bacon!!!   
« Last Edit: July 07/15/22, 10:23:55 AM by mike89 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey boober...........i see you grilling zookini now and then. since its soon the season, how do you make them on the grill??? seasonings. i might try it this year??? i'm sure we canget somesince it seems everyone has it and grows like a weed!!!!!!!

well anyone for that matter........i'd be interested  to find out and try. :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job on the kaboobs Glenn!! As far as zookini goes I like the little yellow ones instead of the big green ones, they are tasty right away but not so good the next day for leftovers cuz mushy, I just cut up enough for the night. Brush em with oil then use whatever seasoning you want, I used pink salt last batch but it seemed like too much. After ya flip em shake on some parmesan cheese, I spose there on the grill for 10 minutes maybe. The wife just mentioned she read something on soaking the slices in salt water for a couple hours to help pull some moisture out, I may try that next time just to see...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Switched gears a little last nite. Had asked the wife if I should thaw out some burger or if she wanted to pick up something while she was in Albert's Leaf. She opted for the latter. Thought maybe she'd stop at Conger meats but went to HyVee instead. The wild rice brats from Nick's in Hayward were probably the best wild rice brats I've had from the local area shops. They've always had quality stuff. We used to haul lambs there when my wife had her shop in Hayward. Of particular note is the TNT with Spotted Cow chaser. Nummy on a hot humid nite!  :hubba:

« Last Edit: July 07/17/22, 10:45:31 AM by Dotch »