Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 621145 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2803
  • Likes Given: 3486
Chicken turns out dynamite on them pellet grills. It was a great evening to smell charcoal here, been awhile since we had taters n kaboobs!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 7242
  • Likes Given: 5293
A couple different kinds of brats tonite. Still feeling out the new ownership at the meat market. Cooked brats & fresh brats. Much prefer the fresh brats as I added my own apple wood smoke in the Weber. Some Mrs. Gerry's summer pasta salad & tater salad along with some cheeps. Ate outside & the birds stole the show. Cardinals,  orioles, wrens, brown thrashers, chickadees, goldfinches, song sparrows, chipping sparrows, hummingbirds, robins, red-winged blackbirds, Canada geese & pheasants. Frogs & toads are just starting to get it cranked up. Best of all Mrs. Cheviot left me alone. :happy1:

« Last Edit: May 05/10/22, 08:59:58 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  • Liked: 7227
  • Likes Given: 7993
So Dotch, why wouldn't the new owners have the previous  owners recipes for the meats from the same facility!! :scratch: :doah:

By the way, you frame that "special" knife?? :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So Dotch, why wouldn't the new owners have the previous  owners recipes for the meats from the same facility!! :scratch: :doah:

By the way, you frame that "special" knife?? :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

They did keep the recipes and rights to make most of the stuff. Trouble is, they either don't keep the product stocked or they venture back further to several owners ago when the one guy's grandpa owned the market. That's what I suspect happened with the cooked brats. Never saw them when the previous owner still had it. Bugtussle can be a fickle town that way too. Lots of old farts with memories of something that was made there 40-50 years ago that they thought was great. It sucked then too, they just didn't know any better! We ran into that with a Lion's Club pancake feed a few years ago. Some old codgers pushed us to go back to a sausage recipe from a bygone era made at the locker plant. The maple flavored sausages Dean was supplying us were awesome. At the behest of the old guard however, he went ahead and made a special batch of sausages using the sacred "old recipe". Guess what? The sausages were awful. More wound up in the trash than were eaten. Everyone hated them except a few old farts and Ruby of course! :doah:

Your knife is in the mail!  :rotflmao:       
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2884
  • Likes Given: 862
Yeah, the good ol' days weren't always so good.  And neither was the food apparently.   :bonk: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Great nite to grill last nite. Still & warm out with birds providing live entertainment. Mandarin teriyaki chicken boobs, seared then grilled indirect with pear & apple wood, along with a side of peas and carrots w/cheeps. Stayed outside until after dusk and avoided Mrs. Cheviot's advances by locking the patio door. Good thing too as it sounded like an absolute toad orgy coming from the wetland once it started getting dark. Makes one wonder just how many of them there are down there. No tellin' what might've happened if she'd heard that.  :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: May 05/19/22, 09:25:18 AM by Dotch »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2803
  • Likes Given: 3486
Thanks for the heads up Dotch,  not sure what will bring out the claws, the grub or the lightning to the north and south. I also been hearing the chatter of frogs I thought,  could be toads. Nonetheless they be yelling at me to RUN!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
🐸

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: WTH........ you bombed already, crawling around on your hands and knees!!!!!!!!1  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

asking for Mikey!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :rolleyes:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey, I was just showing boober a pic of what those toads look like when they yell "RUN!!!"  :shocked:

Took that one many moons ago when I was trying to figure what all the racket was in our land down under. Might've even been taken with my Blackberry!  :doah:

Dayim, them steaks look downright edible! 👨‍🍳  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Video