Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4961495 times)

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
We have only had 3 tenths of a inch of rain since I started  the gardens the first week of May.todays storms missed us same as every one that came near.So dry and hot trees are wilting!
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
We're growing lily pads and alligators down here!  :shocked:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
UGH IS IT Getting steamy. Not only that I got a weather alert for an air quality alert. Never seen that one, Reb dotch, you guys passing gas??? :azn: :shocked:

Just cleaned up about 4- 5 gallon pails of helicopters from the maple tree.
« Last Edit: May 05/27/18, 03:36:42 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
*SWEAT*DRIP*   :tongue:  Those damned helicopters!!!! Plugging my gutters up! :angry2:

Air quality thing here too, Glenn.

May 27, 2018 03:41 PM

(ABC 6 News) -- The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) has issued an air quality alert for the several cities in the state including Albert Lea, Rochester, Mankato, and surrounding areas.

Air quality is expected to worsen Monday to unhealthy levels. Sunny skies, hot temperatures, and light winds will combine to cause an increase in ground-level ozone.  This is considered unhealthy for sensitive groups. Ozone concentrations will be the lowest in the morning hours Monday, and will gradually rise midday through the afternoon. Air quality will improve Monday early evening as thunderstorms develop in southern Minnesota and the sun lowers in the sky.

If you have asthma or other breathing conditions like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, and emphysema will be strongly impacted.

A site I use:   https://www.airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_state&stateid=24&mapcenter=0&tabs=0

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/27/18, 03:51:03 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
UGH IS IT Getting steamy. Not only that I got a weather alert for an air quality alert. Never seen that one, Reb dotch, you guys passing gas??? :azn: :shocked:

Just cleaned up about 4- 5 gallon pails of helicopters from the maple tree.
Hey Papa do you know what type maples you have? If their red save me some seed I can pick it up June 29
 If ya dont know post a pic of bark an leaf Thanks

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here ya go, but if you want the seeds you need to take all 100 billion of them.

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Here ya go, but if you want the seeds you need to take all 100 billion of them.
Dont want any those!! silver maples are weeds! Messy as ya know and grow out of control.Great for quick shade but thats it! I dont thibk the wood is good for anything but pulp

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I got it from my parents when we had the house built back in 79. No Reb not 1879, 1979.  :moon:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My house is surrrounded by silvers.  :angry: That's where all my leaves come from. Had three in my yard that split and crashed down. Well, one did, me and four buddies took out the other two that had started to split. One from lightning, one from wind...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have this one to, it's some sort of maple that has helicopters too, but don't think there fully developed yet.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Uffda I got 4 great big norway maples (and a bunch of half dead box elders) 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning MNO.  It is a beautiful morning here.  62 and sunny.  A little breeze too.  We have had a great time with Tanner the Grandson.  He is such a good kid and fun to be around.  He even vacuumed my boat.  I started it and he wanted to do it so I let him whilst I got the rods loaded up.  I was changing lower unit oil and he wanted to put the plug in so I let him do that too.  I hope he keeps up his curiosity of learning things. He helped me pick asparagus but didn't help eat them.  Perfect...  LOL  Well we bring him home today.  He is still laughing and having fun so that makes us feel good.  Happy Memorial Day to all of you. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Memorial Day, guys! Let's remember what the day stands for and give thanks for all those service people, past and present, for keeping our freedom.  :USA:
Gonna be a real cooker here today. Up to the ceme in a bit, then on the red rocket to mow the back 40. Then that slab pigger that's been marinating overnite in apple juice get's slapped on the grill to smoke over a box of apple wood before it gets slathered in BBQ sauce....:tongue:

Have a great day, guys!

« Last Edit: May 05/28/18, 07:29:34 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a great weekend!!!  today will be good too...  sure sounds like everyone is having a good weekend too and that is good to hear!!  have a great day all and be safe!!!

:ustroops: :USA:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning boyz…...getting steamy out. gotta water da garden again today then finish rabbit proofing the garden. other then that just putz around.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Picked up about 3/4" of rain last night. It was needed. Heading for the 80's today. I am glad that we aren't getting the heat like you guys down south. Hot enough for me the way it is. Had a good 3 day weekend. Got s few things accomplished around the house.  Even soaked some minners yesterday. Have a good one all.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning MNO'ers. Another steambath day ahead, but only 93*.  :rolleyes: My poor AC. Had a bit of ugliness last nite, funky clouds moved in, temp dropped 10*, then the winds hit hard. Air was chock full of maple whirlybirds. Blew down neighbors huge maple tree on his house. What a mess... :doah: Lots of things on the agenda today, so gotta get rollin'. Have a good one, guys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, no rain here yet...  a very good weekend.. made it to Camp Ripley yesterday and was that place really looking good!!!  all the flags and lots of flowers...  very well maintained!!! Boar hope your mission went well too!!!  got to mow the yard today.  have a good day all!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Humid one here.  All of the rain went north of us.  Stopped in at the Veterans Memorial at Park Rapids yesterday.  Very nice building.  Right next to the Visitors Bureau.  Made my day.  Talked to some great Vets. there too. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, up and at 'em.  I'm off to a celebration of a buddy's 50th anniversary of working for IBM this morning.   Probably gonna be a lot of old guys there.    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Darn back to work today.  Had a nice long weekend.  So did anyone want that bow that I mentioned in a thread awhile back?  Forgot what the thread was but something Boar came up with.  It is probably an outdated bow but I just want to get rid of it. 

Got a box of generic Honey Nuts and they suck.  Soggy right away. 
« Last Edit: May 05/30/18, 06:27:30 AM by LPS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Got 2" of rain in the last 24 hours at home. Had a good one come thru around 7 last night that dumped an inch in about 10 minutes. Couple of trees tipped over along the road also. Sucks about the cheerios Barry.  :puke: Have a good day all.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all. 65 here and humid as can be!!  finally got the yard mowed, in between light rain showers..  most likely only got .01 of rain...   another chance today...  have a good day all!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Rain, rain, rain. Hume, hume, hume. But, finally a nice open-window 66* All is normal in Swampville.  Downpour last nite that washed the gazillion maple whirlies away. Went out in it when the gutters started overflowing with them and the water; pulled the 90* end of the downspout off. *PHOOOSH* out came a huge plug of 'em and water roared out, that sucked the rest right down and out.
Barry, you should know better than not to mess with anything that has both words HONEY and NUTS in it. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Send 'em to Glenn in an unmarked box with just the words "Donut seedlings" on 'em. Have a good day, guys.  :coffee:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
JB we only had a sprinkle for about 5 minutes in the last 2 days.  What a difference in just a few miles. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
we probably have had 1/2 to 3/4 inch since monday evening. hoping to be able to cut the lawn tonight. rather have to cut it weekly then having it look brown.

oh yea morning all..oh and reb........... :moon: i dont eat cereal..............to much sugar and carbs for this masculine specimen!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
JB we only had a sprinkle for about 5 minutes in the last 2 days.  What a difference in just a few miles.
It is amazing how different it can be.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'! 66 at choretime on it's way to the low 80's and more rain. .47" at the ranch and .98" in Bugtussle proper. Hot weather really pushed this crop and delayed spraying. Now it's wet and delayed spraying more so everyone gets in a tizzy. SSDY
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys, we left Austin just after 2 am Tuesday & were in GR by 8 that mornin. A few stops for supplies & on to Deer River for breakfast at  Sportsmans Cafe about  9:30. A couple more quick stops & on out here by 11 yday. I found 1.75" of rain in the gauge, the grass 4-5" long, & more than enough skeeters for anyone. The forecast said rain so I got right after the yard, at least most of it. By the time that was done it was pushin 85* & humid as he!!. I was done in by that time so I headed for the AC & a couple :toast:. By 5 or so it was rumblin off to the SW, by 6 it was raining & windy. We didn't have the 60mph winds they were talking about on TV but I bet we had some 30 + gusts & another .9" of rain. Woke up today to no cable, internet or phone service on the land line. So my brother gave PB a call & they had a service person out here by 9-9:30. Fixed in no time so back to the routine. We got more rain takin aim at us for later today, hope the start to your week been good & I'll get back to you tomorrow. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys, man last weekend was fun , lots of fish , food and brewskies to be had. Went up Thursday dodging storm systems, not much for rain there but the home front took a little blow. The whipper snapper sent some pics so I've been busy battling the heat and the friggen maple. Ended up smashing the chain link and just missed the neighbor's power lines. Oh well, Nuttin to bad besides a sore back..