Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4958580 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Yeah they thump it usually, put up a pretty good fight too. Don't keep many though, rather have some smaller gills/sunnies, crappies. :cool: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  I used to catch and eat lots of rockies.  I trolled crankbaits for them and walleyes.  Well I got the lawn mowed yesterday and man was it a dirty dusty job.  Seriously I am wearing a dust mask the next time unless we get some rain.  I was coughing and hacking all last night from it.  Enjoying one last coffee right now.  Another great day.  I even went to my old place of employment and had a great time seeing everyone.  The ribs were great last night.  Went to pick some green peppers and they are mostly gone.  Something clean picked them off the plants.  There were some nice big ones too.  Not a trace of them left.  I pulled the plants and threw them in the horse pasture.  The jalapenos are ok so whatever does not like them evidently.  I need a trail camera up there next year. Still have 2 plants left. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
It's those stinkin' skwirrels, Barry! They used ta run off with my peppers, contrary to what Glenn says!   :angry:

Oh, and if ya wanna mow, c'mon down here.....hume is 95% and dewpoint 65 again.....no dust anywhere.
« Last Edit: August 08/21/18, 09:42:08 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I let the sunflower plants grow under our feeders.  I like the plants.  There are 3 huge heads of seeds and a squirrel is on one right now.  You may be right again. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey JB I just sent you a message concerning some bear bait.  I then noticed there is no Jerkbait here?????   Your name is spelled wrong and I never even noticed it before.  Jerkbiat???  lol

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for being the first!!! I always wanted to ask him that..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/21/18, 09:49:30 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I noticed that a while back too!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey JB I just sent you a message concerning some bear bait.  I then noticed there is no Jerkbait here?????   Your name is spelled wrong and I never even noticed it before.  Jerkbiat???  lol

Boar helped me spell it.  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: No, the reason I spelled it like that is because when I signed up on MNO it told me that jerkbait was already taking so I just flipped the "a" and "i". I have never seen the other jerkbait post on here though. Now you know the rest of the story.
« Last Edit: August 08/21/18, 02:17:05 PM by Jerkbiat »
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Rebs.  A ship is going out of Duluth Canal in a few minutes according to the schedule.  I see the ship coming close.  Hey go up and wipe the spiderweb off the camera for us.
« Last Edit: August 08/21/18, 02:45:35 PM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks. I was busy...backing my Mom's car out of her garage for the last time to give to the new owner standing there.... :cry:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/21/18, 02:52:33 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is a nice car.  I see a ship two miles out of Superior.  I can't find a cam for that entrance to the harbor.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wish I was two miles out of the harbor right now.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is a nice car.  I see a ship two miles out of Superior.  I can't find a cam for that entrance to the harbor.

it's there...

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I like rockies!!! Fun to catch on ultralight gear! I gotta get out soon!  I need fish!!   :fish2::fish2:

Get a can of corn, used to be nice sized carp in the river down behind convention center... :pouty: :crazy: :sleazy: :smoking:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
oh boy.....oh boy...……...oh boy!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; ll that time I spent up in grand rapids organizing, the frustrating wait after the administrative judge ordered a Gissel bargaining order has paid off. the NLRB dismissed the companies appeals and issued the compant to make whole the 13guys they fired. also basically telling the company to bargain an agreement with that dept!!!!!i'll be up there most of next week...…...ho doggy!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; 

that's over 3 years of lost wages etc!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Just another day in paradise. Got the bear bait all set last night. Now i just have to wait for Yogi to hit da picnic basket. Have a good one!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  good for ya Glenn!!!    nice morning, 54 degrees to start going for the upper 70's..  not much going on today so just enjoy the day as it rolls along!!  have a good day all!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok I thought I better be a little more prompt so Rebs doesn't put any bad marks in my file.   :rotflmao:  48 here.  Got a little cool with the windows open last night.  Felt good.  I didn't do much yesterday.  Still not used to that.  The wife said it is perfectly ok to just relax since I am retired.  LOL  I have to adapt I guess.  I do have some fun things to do today like fill the boats tanks with fuel, drag a log with the ATV etc.  May even just go for a ride on one of the forest roads. 

I did find a cam for the Superior entrance to the harbor.  This site shows ships coming and going with a green arrow.  https://harborlookout.com/ships/84#0

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there is camera for two harbors too Barry...  very little there to watch...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like rockies!!! Fun to catch on ultralight gear! I gotta get out soon!  I need fish!!   :fish2::fish2:

Get a can of corn, used to be nice sized carp in the river down behind convention center... :pouty: :crazy: :sleazy: :smoking:

Used to fish behind the dog pound on Elton Hills drive that way.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: August 08/22/18, 08:38:12 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Brrrr....55* this and lotsa  dew on the grass. 63* inside; shoulda closed the windows last nite. Time to put the smurf blankie on the bed at nite, just a sheet ain't enough for these old bones anymore. Must be Fall in the air. Think I'll pull a Barry today ( :azn:) and do some aimless puttering around the garage. Have to meet with mom and her MAYO care team person this afternoon....last week, she never showed up. Waited 4 hrs for her...her  excuse: "sometimes I have a situation that I am unable to get out of and the appt extends out". Huh. I can never be late to theirs, or they cancel, and yet I get 15 mns with my doc and that's it. It's never a two-way street with them.
So, what are you having for breakfast these morning Barry? Still on the golden O's thing?
Made any McReb bfast sammiches yet? Speaking of food....I plan on hitting the annual big Greek Fest on Saturday, haven't missed  one in over twenty years. My Dad used to take me every year. We always had lotsa  fun and eats; he knew everybody at the fest.

https://www.greekfestrochester.com/index

Click on the "taste" tab, then "Food"...that should get ya goin'. Maybe I can meet some hot Greek lady there (there's always lots) take her home, and then I can recline, wearing nothing but a fig leaf, while she feeds me grapes and baklava.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Have a good day, guys.

« Last Edit: August 08/22/18, 09:18:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :puke: :puke: :puke: awe gawd.....................now i got that fig leaf picture stuck in my mind!!EWEEEEEEEEEIEEEEEEEEE!! :doah: :puke: :puke:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
So, Reb likes Greek.  :sleazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Good one Del.  Greek food does sound good too.  There is a ship leaving and another one arriving right now on the Wisconsin Pt. cam.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So, Reb likes Greek.  :sleazy:

:taz: :taz: :mooning:     O wait; that wasn't right...... :rotflmao:

You should go Delmar, maybe they'd get ya out there dancing. Now THAT I'd PAY to see.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/22/18, 09:19:11 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Good one Del.  Greek food does sound good too.  There is a ship leaving and another one arriving right now on the Wisconsin Pt. cam.

Link to Wisc point cam, please...

never mind, I found it.  :azn:

« Last Edit: August 08/22/18, 09:23:28 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am looking at the Hillside Cam now.  I can see that ship coming in WI. Pt.   I am going to be in Duluth from Sun till Thur this next week.  The wife has classes to attend so I will be unsupervised during the day time.   :sleaz :sleazy:

http://www.duluthharborcam.com/p/hillside-can.html
« Last Edit: August 08/22/18, 09:34:25 AM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd love to go there. Too bad I ain't closer. We could get into lotsa trouble have fun up there together... ;)

I had a blast when I went to see my Dad in Victoria, BC, and hung out in the harbor. That summer, Jacques Cousteau's  Calypso sailed into the harbor...got to see the Queen Elizabeth at sea, too.
« Last Edit: August 08/22/18, 09:42:04 AM by Rebel SS »