Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4962659 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes would be fun to go out for lunch Rebs.  That BC thing would have been cool as heck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that festival sounds good Reb!!!  I'll have to look for that camera now...  did not see and stuffed grape leaves, they are good!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so where did ya find the Wis. camera fellers???

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so where did ya find the Wis. camera fellers???
in wisconsin!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :crazy: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ohhhh you are so good smurf!!!!  just cause you are winning a good one now you are in a good mood I see!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ohhhh you are so good smurf!!!!  just cause you are winning a good one now you are in a good mood I see!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Rebs!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Up at 1:00 am! Looked out da back window only ta see a skunk diggin a hole under da bird feeder poll. Each day I fill in da hole at da edge of da patio foundation and dem critters dig it open at night. :banghead:

Last night der was tree skunks and one large coon wit tree youngsters roming in da yard. Da skunks scare off easy (but quickly return). Da coons don't apear ta scare off as easy. So dare I am wee hours in da dark wit da garden hose sprayin da coons and day take off.

:popcorn: ...
As usual da stray cat shows up and sees da kitchen light on true da window (her signel ta hang around fur chow.). She'll wait fur hours till fed. I decided ta wait ta feed her because of all da udder critters in da area.

About a 1/2 hour later I hear our (indoor only) house cat starts howling. Now what I say's to myself. :doah:  I grabbed my flash light and shine it into da yard. Here's da fox runnin true da yard at a fast pace and gone.......??

My first thought was ta see if miss kitty was still waitin on da patio fur food. Sure enough she's gone. My next thought was da fox got-er. :doah: Went back ta check again and dare she was waitin fur chow. I figured she was a gonner, but somehow managed ta avoid da fox.....

Borgie :queen: got up ta pee at 3:00 am and I told her she missed all da action. She said "I'm goin back ta bed!"    :pouty:

Looks like the critters got a hold of Lee on a midnite wee foray and ate 'em up. Musta been one o' dem "aggressive" agitators or crorkindills....or maye Pepe Le Pew did the "pull my paw" trick on 'em, and Borgie won't let 'em near da house.   :tongue:
« Last Edit: August 08/22/18, 11:57:44 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Another day in paradise. Not much new here. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, survived another day in the jungle!!  was a good day yesterday!!  to day looks the same, a good day!!  going to town this morning and get a few things...  al such fun..  have a good day all!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 64* & it was very glenn like ;) early. Too much wind for any early  :fishing: for me today. :pouty: The breeze was SW early looks like it swung more straight south & calmed down now. It was grocery day yday for us so I hit the ground runnin. Not sure we quite made 80 yday & today is  supposed to be about the same. Pretty good chance, 60% the Bemidji weather channel is sayin, of some rain tonight. Hope so, we're like LPS, very dry. Got a couple small things on my list for today, havta see if'n I can find the time to get around to 'em. :scratch: : ;) ;D Hope ya enjoy your Thursday. Oops forgot to say I never caught that Boar helped JB spell his name. :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  I enjoy going to town too to get groceries, hardware things etc.  Energizes me just to go for a drive.  Getting low on milk so will have to run in for that so I can continue the Honey Nuts program every morning.  I have been looking forward to the rain here Friday and now it looks like it is fizzling out on us.  Darn. 

So I see 1/2 day Charters on Superior are about $400-$450.  That is for the boat with 4 people.  It is $50 more for each person over that.  So that is $125 ea.  That's not bad. Includes bait, poles, etc.  Not sure what I would do if I keep any fish as we will be staying at a motel.  I may have to go walk around the docks and check it out.  ?????  Anyone ever do this?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They've always got something goin on at the DECC, might be worth checkin out. :scratch: Marine General up on the north end of town always has lots of  :cool: :fishing: stuff to look at too. The rest stop at Thompson Hill is worth checking out as well, can see a lot of the harbor from up there.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there's always Grandma's. a bloody mary and a bicycle burger............num num.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
there's always Grandma's. a bloody mary and a bicycle burger............num num.

With extra KATCHUP?   :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning , kiddos. 58*, calm,  and sunny here in Whoville. Perfect day to be out fishing. Lucky Gunner. No plans today, gotta hop  on the red rocket and mow the back 40, as the morjits say we're gonna have a Glenn Day tomorrow. (Rain.)  Just waiting for that Greek Fest on Saturday, goin' with a couple buddies around lunchtime, so we can stuff our mugs with greek goodies. Can taste 'em now......  :tongue:  Have a good day, all.  :coffee:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure what I would do if I keep any fish as we will be staying at a motel.

Invest in one of these, but then again, if you do the cost of the cooler might be more than the fishing trip and motel fee put together.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great ideas you guys.  I will check it out.  I have 4 days to do stuff while the wife is in training.  A bloody mary may fit into this program very well.   :happy1:  We just got our pontoon boat in the water last week finally.  The wife smiled and said, "I suppose you need a Yetti cooler on the boat now"?  Of course I smiled back, so she left the door open for me.  I will consider some cheaper knock-off maybe. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Delmar had a good dissertation on that somewhere a while back..... :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks.  I wanted to see that again. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder what Delmar uses?  Let's ask him!  HEY DERWOOD! What do YOU use?!    :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

With extra KATCHUP?   :scratch:
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  That is a great video.  No way could I spend $400 and feel good about it.  Would I like a cooler like that.  Darn right I would like to have a Yeti.  I will check Cabelas. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm still using my two steel clad Coleman's from the early 70's...love that locking steel catch on 'em. Still have the plastic trays that sit midway in 'em, too. Probably worth a fortune now, they're still like new. I see they're selling for $125 online.... :shocked:  And yes, they saw a LOT of use. My girlfriend and I would have the car packed  at work (we worked together) and head out for the campground after work almost every Friday during the summer. Then the wife and I did the same thing for years. Shoulda left her there for the bears.  :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/23/18, 09:28:20 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful cooler! I do have regular plastic coolers too. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like we are going sunday!!!!!!! turkey legs, cheese curds, fries...............scenery :hubba: :hubba: :sleazy: :sleazy: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: oh yea the DNR area!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And all with KATCHUP!  :applause:   

Don't forget dessert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/23/18, 10:50:23 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Time for a thick sliced salami and swiss cheese sammich with a glass o' iced tea.... then onto the red rocket to mow.   :tongue: